Old 12-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #886  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Physics is fun conceptually but not fun practically, for me.

One week left! I think I know who our team's biggest loser is... I wish it were me, but it's not and that's okay. I have plugged along and done a good job and am thankful to my body for no stalls. I think those are bound to be around the corner though! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I will be more involved next time in chatting from the start. I know it will help me feel part of the team and who knows, maybe I can help someone else out too.

I have to be honest, it is a little discouraging that out of 28 people, only around 10 actually have checked in on time or stayed within their freebie limits and made it to the end. That is so sad to me!

Other than times when we over eat or don't exercise enough, we cant do much about stalling or even gaining a bit from time to time. It's just how our bodies are! But we need to be accountable to ourselves and our team if we are to succeed!

I am sure I could have lost more some weeks. I said YES to that extra snack at night or didn't exercise as much as I needed to on occasion, but what kept me focused when thinking only of myself wasn't doing the trick was thinking that I didn't want to let the team down!

I hope we can come together in the challenges to come. Best of luck to us all, on whatever team we end up on!

Last edited by SoulBliss; 12-04-2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: TYPO!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #887  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Congratulations SoulBliss on your big loss this week! What a great success for you! I do hope the next round of this challenge we have more people who stay committed throughout the entire thing. I have been guilty of not chatting enough but have made it a point to get on here and get my weight posted every week. I can't wait for the next round to begin so I can really recommit myself to losing these last few pounds.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #888  
Finding My Bliss

You are SOOOO close! I am excited for you!
Old 12-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #889  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

awesome loss Soulbliss....I would faint from surprise if I ever lost that much in one week! Way to go!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #890  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
awesome loss Soulbliss....I would faint from surprise if I ever lost that much in one week! Way to go!!!
That was what I thought too! "Six pounds?!" I would start looking on the floor for a lost limb or check to see if my head was still attached!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #891  
Finding My Bliss

Yes, but remember I outweigh most of y'all by 100 pounds

Still, I've lost as much as 10 in one week in the past when I was really working out a LOT (3 + hours daily) and sticking to my program 100%. Exercise is really the key to losing for me.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:30 PM   #892  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi all - don't have very long, but just wanted to get a note out to as many of you as I could. Sooo sorry if I've missed anyone. Thanks for all your great responses about my BLD post earlier.. it's been quite a revelation for me!

SoulBliss - Congrats on your big loss this week, and your dedication to the challenge!

onthetee - Are you enjoying Y:OAD? I was thinking about getting that book, too, and seeing how the two plans match up. I think that BLD could go more into the science, so maybe Y:OAD will meet that!

Dea - Good luck with the last week!

NoVaVTFan - You are sooo close to goal, lady! Are you excited for next challenge and a big push to goal?

chellez - I almost forgot to weigh-in yesterday, too. All day I was thinking "hmmmm I know there is something I HAVE to do, but what?!" Good luck with school - how much longer do you have?

Tina30 Good work at the gym! It is SO much easier when you've committed to someone else, too, eh? I used to have a weekly walking date with a girlfriend, and then we both got too busy, but we used to go on these great 2-3 hour walks or hikes that we never would have done on our own!

aud - So sorry, I should have been more clear when I wrote about the book! My bad! Congrats on your 4lbs this week!

fitin2008 - YAHOO for compliments! Hope the new dvds keep you working hard but don't smash you so hard.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #893  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

the school is estimating my graduation date some time in May, but I don't feel like its that close. There's still a lot of classes I need/want to take

I ended up skipping class last night because I was exhausted, and still hadn't finished the lab I needed to type up. So thats my work for today, along with accounting work that needs to get done.

God blessed my husband with a revelation last night. He got on the scale in our bathroom and weighed in at 250. He was in total shock and told me he wants to lose weight excuse me? So I asked if he was serious and he said yes! Looks like its going to be a couples biggest loser for us after all!

We got an email from the Realtor last night and the seller we submitted the offer to put in a counter offer last night. I still haven't heard what it is, but I'm hoping that it still allows us to get the house.

Well I'm off to work on accounting. I'm trying to stay awake on a granola bar and water... hope I don't fade before lunch time!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #894  
It's never too late

Good morning everyone! We finally got some snow up here in Northern VA. It's not much, maybe an inch or so, but we are supposed to get some more throughout the day. I hate how people drive up here when it snows - they act like it's a blizzard (it's one thing to drive safely in the snow, and another to just drive like it's a blizzard and you can't see more than 5 inches out the window). I'm glad we got some snow before Christmas - it puts me in more of a holiday mood.

So, I have decided to try out some running on the treadmill we got this weekend from my fiance's parents. It's not in the best shape and is pretty old, but it still works and at least has the programs that I like. I have NEVER been a runner (big boobs make running really uncomfortable), but I have decided to try it a little bit at a time to see if I can do it. I have better sports bras now than I did in the past so that should help with the "big on top" issue. Last night while watching the Biggest Loser I hopped on the treadmill and walked fast for 30 minutes, then for the last 10 minutes of my workout I ran for 2 minutes, walked for 2 minutes, ran faster for 2 minutes, walked for 2 minutes, ran faster for 2 minutes, then did my cool down. I have read a lot of people's posts on here about how they started out running and they did short bursts to start and get their body used to it. I think I am going to try and continue it whenever I get on the treadmill and see if I can go like 30 second longer each time, and maybe eventually get up to running for 10 straight minutes. It really isn't much, but I have just never been able to or enjoyed running, but I thought it might help with my cardio part of exercising to at least try.

Chellez - I hope everything works out with your house. When my fiance and I were looking at houses in December last year, we had a little trouble finding something we liked that was in our price range, but after about a month we found something and closed on it at the end of January. I wish you good luck and good wishes - I know it is a long hard process, but it feels great once you finally do get your own house. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #895  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to stop in and say hi I made it to the gym again yesterday....YAY! Today is going to be day number 3 and you know what that means....I met my goal of making it to the gym 3 days this week. I'm going to try and do one more day at home this week and then next week my goal is 3 weeks at the gym and 2 days at home. So I'm feeling really good about my exercise this week and my eating has been okay. I'm still working on that, but it's for sure improved Hope you all have a great day~

Chellez- I was just asking Kev this morning when he planned on getting back to the gym and eating healthy. It's so much easier when the people you live with are eating healthy along with.

Practice- I hear ya about running with big boobs...not to fun! Great job on giving it a try though

Have a great day ladies~
Old 12-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #896  
Finding My Bliss

I agree with you ladies who are saying it's easier if DH is interested in fitness too! I got my sweetie a membership to the nearby gym (and a toiletry bag and a swimming watch so he knows what time it is) so he can go swimming before work. He hasn't started yet though!

Chellez, I hope that your DH gets movin' with ya!

Practice, it IS a big deal that you are running, it's great!

Tina30, YOU GO! Good for you for getting to the gym and meeting your goal!

GirlyGirlSebas didn't check in this week in the weigh in thread. She's been gone for a few days too...I hope she is ok!

Last edited by SoulBliss; 12-05-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #897  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hey gals - just wanted to say that the running shout-outs should be going to NoVaVTFan, not me! Although it's definitely encouraging me to give Couch-to-5K another try after the winter!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #898  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

OMG! words can't really describe what I'm feeling at the moment. I had to take my lunch break to go review the counter offer from the seller and everything checks out so I'm on my way to ratification!

TIME FOR VEGGIE PARADE!

So the closing date is set for December 21st and the house will be mine (depending on home inspection!)

*proceeds to go nuts*

Old 12-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #899  
It's never too late

YAY CHELLEZ!! I am so happy for you!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #900  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Congrats on the new house Chellez....bring out the boxes!!
NoVaVTFan..way to go with the treadmill....sounds like you had a great workout last night, and you have to start somewhere!
Tina...good for you getting to the gym...stay motivated.

We shed a few tears in our home last night...had to put our siamese lscat 'Mia' down. She was 16 yrs old, had developed a tumor on her nose...and according to our vet, probably cancer in other parts of her body as well. Boy, was that the hardest thing I have had to do in a while. I hate to admit it, but I drowned my sorrows in a bag of chips and a can of Coke. Coming home today from work was hard as well...which is why I am posting, and trying to stay out of the kitchen. Our other cat (also a siamese) walked around the house looking for her last night. He is sleeping right now...probably exhausted.
I need to stay focused this week...get in some extra workouts to keep myself occupied...and out of the kitchen!!