Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 145/144/115

Height: 5'3

DAY 16

No Choice

☁ Nelia's SABOTAGING THOUGHTS

I don't feel like following my rules. I just want immediate comfort/solace/pleasure and that means eating my favorite foods planned or unplanned. Damn it.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

That's great that you don't feel like following your own rules. That's great if you do feel like following your own rules. But, it really doesn't matter. Feeling it or not feeling it, you've NO CHOICE but to follow. Living healthfully effortlessly means creating new defaults. And creating new defaults means following your own rules until your rules become second nature.

I deserve to eat what I want, when I want. Isn't that what effortless is all about?

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Effortless can be about finding pleasure in your priorities, not just about finding pleasure where it's easy. And what's your top priority? Is the "I deserve to be thinner and feel good about myself" priority higher than the "I deserve to be able to eat whatever I want whenever I want" priority? If it isn't, will you be able to claim an exceptional life?

No. You won't.

Align your pleasure with your priorities. Then you'll know effortless.

I can't accept that I'll never be able to eat spontaneously.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Where has spontaneity gotten you? Nearly 160 pounds. Planning? Nearly 120 pounds. Case closed.

Nelia's NO CHOICE RULES (until I reach the maintenance stage)

1. No more than two glasses of red wine at any social occasion. No other alcohol allowed.
2. No more than one medium sized plate at brunches or buffets. Order no more than one appetizer or one meal at any restaurant.
3. No indulgences that haven't been planned in the morning.
4. No more than one small indulgence per day during the week.
6. No more than one free meal per week.
7. No more than one indulgence per day.
8. Two fasts each week. 28 hours minimum.
9. Minimum five work outs per week.

TODAY

Weight - 124.0
Body Fat - 23.1 points

1. Planned Eating.
a. Salmon salad
b. Chicken stuffed with spinach, feta and sun dried tomato. 1 piece of dark chocolate with Kampot pepper. 1 coconut truffle.
c. Chorizo salad

2. Planned Exercise.
Primal's Moving Slowly. Run around the Royal Gardens.

YESTERDAY

1. Planned Diet.
a. Bacon cheese chicken burger without bun.
b. Chicken stuffed with spinach, feta and sun dried tomato. 1 piece of dark chocolate with Kampot pepper. 1 coconut truffle.
c. Not hungry.

2. Completed Exercise.
Primal's LHT (My work-outs have been on point this week! CREDIT!)

- - - - - - - -

STATS (WEEK 2)

Weight - 131.8 pounds, 126.2 pounds
Body Fat - 26.5 points, 21.9 points
Waist - 31.50 inches, 30 inches
Tush - 37.75 inches, 37.5 inches
Thigh - 23 inches, 23.25 inches

Long Term Goal - 118 pounds, 18% body fat

Second Short Term Goal - 119.8
Start Date - 2 December 2011
End Date -
Number of Days -

First Short Term Goal - 126.8
Start Date - 29 November 2011
End Date - 2 December 2011
Number of Days - 4 days
Nelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckgirl7 View Post
The physio they had me doing involved stretches (which I have written down somewhere), squats and strength training. I haven't had problems with it for a long time. I am wondering if the extra weight and the sedentary lifestyle have aggrevated the problem. I weighed less when it was diagnosed in 2009 and lost and gained over the next two years. I am at my highest weight ever and don't start work until next Monday. I have been doing squats and will be looking up stretches to help
Will your new job have you on the move?

Quote:
Planning what I will eat will give me a better sense of control of this aspect of my life and will give me a sense of accomplishement when I stick to the plan.
Amen!

Quote:
This week I am up two pounds, losuy TOM. Hopefully next week I can get back down to 182 and keep going down.
Credit me for eating SITTING DOWN.
You will! And nicely done re sitting down! That's two for two! CREDIT!

Quote:
I am still working on eating mindfully and slowing dow to stretch out my meals. I admit that I eat while watching tv.

Again I will work on putting down the fork between bites and having a drink of water to help slow me down.

I am going to re-read day five which is eat slowly and mindfully
I'm there with you, sister. I suck at eating mindfully.

(Blushing) I've a new goal to add. I met someone online. At least virtually met. And we'll be meeting in person for the first time at the end of January. (Sigh.) He has zero body fat. With these thighs and ***, I can't compete. But my goal is to be sub-120 and to have some sort of abs emergence by that time.

I haven't been sub-120 since before college. It would be nothing short of a miracle. Do you think that's a realistic goal?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
(Blushing) I've a new goal to add. I met someone online. At least virtually met. And we'll be meeting in person for the first time at the end of January. (Sigh.) He has zero body fat. With these thighs and ***, I can't compete. But my goal is to be sub-120 and to have some sort of abs emergence by that time.

I haven't been sub-120 since before college. It would be nothing short of a miracle. Do you think that's a realistic goal?
Awww Its nice that you met someone. Hope the meeting goes well.
DOn't try to compete with anyone esp. a guy. Everybody's body is different. I doubt you (or any female) would look good with 0% body fat.

I think 5 pound (minimum weight loss) for the end of January is realistic and safe. You have about 7 weeks right? A pound a week is safe and achiveable.
Don't know about the abs though.

Quote:
Will your new job have you on the move?
Not really as it is office work (admin position). But it will mean having somewhere to go during the day (as opposed to sitting at home) I find if I have to get up and go somewhere I am likely to be active in general. Staying at home all day is surprisingly tiring.

I ended up looking for a photo of Royal Gardens in Phnom Phen because you have written about running there so often. It looks beautiful! Lucky you

Today I rated my hunger levels before, during, after and immediately after breakfast, lunch and dinner. I managed to eat mindfully for the first two meals (one lasted 20 minutes, the other 15) but not for dinner. Had a few pieces of celery standing up while making lunch but ate everything else sitting down, credit me!

Day 16:Prevent Unplanned eating
Sabotaging thought
I deserve to eat what I want.

If I want to be thinner, I can't eat what I want, when I want. I need to plan ahead and stick to it.
Spontaneous eating hasn't worked in the past, when it comes to being thinner I have NO CHOICE

I will come up with eating rules over the next few days/weeks.
canuckgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:39 AM   #109  
Beck follower

S/C/G: 136/134/120

Congrats nelia on meeting someone online! Your goals sound realistic, but I'm sure you look great even at the weight you're at, which is low! To see abs it's around sub 20% body fat if I remember correctly. My hubby is like 8% bf and he loves me just the way I am, and have been, chunky, solid and muscular, or soft skinny! Oh yea, abs are made in the kitchen, so abs will emerge with a totally clean chocolate free diet!

YOur foods sound amazing that you eat everyday. Like a restaurant menu!

Canuck, good luck at your, new job, the movement will be great! I would love a little time off to be tired at home! Definitely credit you for sitting down with that celery! I have sat down right on the kitchen counter just to sit. This is my biggest issue too.

Thinking of planning my missed lunch fast and I'm scared, nelia I know you do it all the time but did that take some getting used to at first? I will plan a work day and keep busy, have a large bf and have dinner all planned and cooked and RTG. I know I can do it, just don't want to!

See you girls tomorrow!

Holly
Hollyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #110  
Beck follower

Hello friends!

Happy to report I fasted from bf to dinner, 9 hours and it went beautifully! I was hungry for only 5 min at 11:30 am and was momentarily unconpmfortable and cruised the rest of the day, it was soooo cool! I knew I could do it! Came home to reasonable dinner, full quickly. I could ,honestly do that again, although nelia don't know yphownyou skip lunch AND dinner. That's tough. May try that though one day

Hope you ladies are doing well and OP. Posting sure helps me stay accoutable. I appreciate you nelia for starting this thread and sticking with it. You are doing great!

Cannuck, how is your your hunger rating, and are you still sitting down?

Have a great wwekend all,

Holly
Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #111  

Day 17:End Overeating
Sabotaging ThoughtThe idea of purposly putting extra food on my plate seems like a counter intuitive.

There are plenty of situations where the possibilty of overeating is likely to occur. Pretty much every restaurant makes portion sizes way too big.

Reminding myself of the anti-craving techniques and asking myself "how will I feel in 10 minutes after I overeat".
I guess this is where the expression a "moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips" comes from.

Hopefully successfully dealing with this challenge at home will give me the confidence to do it when I go out.

Today I only had a few bites while standing up for lunch and the rest sitting down, credit me. Didin't make the full 20 minutes.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #112  

Day 18: change your definition of full
I know I have an unrealisitc of fullness, my size 12 pants are proof of this. THinking about wheter or not I could easily go for a moderate to brisk walk is an interesting idea.

I will have to remember to give myself credit for not overeating.
Today I practiced hunger tolerance. It wasn't too bad.

Learning to differentiate between overfullness and normal fullness is going to be challenging.

For the next few days I might not be online since I will be another city for work and don't know how much I can post. I will record my thoughts on paper and probably post them online over the weekend.

Have a good week, both of you
Old 12-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #113  

DAY 17

Live Abundantly

One trip to the buffet just won't get it. I must get my money's worth!

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Why must your money's worth be defined by quantity and adding junk to your trunk? If you want to lose weight, change how you define your money's worth. How about basing worth on the "tastiness" factor or the caliber of the experience? One trip to the buffet will get it if you value quality over quantity.

Alright, just one more bite and then I'll stop eating. Even though I'm full, I just don't want to end the pleasure!

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

One more bite equals one more pound added to that muffin top you're carrying around (visualize Week 1 bloated tongue where waist was once present). And remember how awful you feel afterward by attempting to extend that pleasurable moment by overeating? The bloat? The discomfort felt wearing pants that are too tight? The helplessness of feeling out of control? The regret of the extra pounds? The truth is you're not extending pleasure. You're voluntarily bringing yourself pain. It's OK to end a pleasurable experience on a high note! Spend less time focusing on what you might be missing and spend more time appreciating and savoring what you're eating. And remember, this is one meal of thousands in your lifetime. There is always more pleasure to be had.

But this might be my last chance to eat in this restaurant/at this special event/when on vacation/while back home/during the holidays. I might never have access to this food again.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

So what. Yes, the food is tasty. Yes, it's an experience to be savored. But if you never have the food again, what's the worst that can happen? If you reinforce your habit of overeating, what's the worst that can happen? If you overeat, have you made the food any more tasty? Is the experience any more pleasurable? Do not make your choices according to scarcity. Live abundantly. You've so many opportunities ahead of you that your life menu is unlimited.

This is such a sacrifice. To **** with this diet, I don't care. I'm not relinquishing this food experience. I want it. I'm having it.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Is it a sacrifice? Or is it really a celebration of you and your choice to claim your exceptional self? Instead of looking at the price, why not look at what the purchase gets you. Sub 124 pounds? Sub 21%? An hourglass figure? Is that a sacrifice?
I didn't think so. Change your attitude. Relish each opportunity you have to establish your portions and to determine what's off limits before you start eating. And don't begrudge your decision to celebrate you. Be proud of every healthy choice you make!

TODAY

Weight - 127.8
Body Fat - 23.1 points

1. Planned Eating.
a. IF
b. IF
c. Rocket salad with pate

2. Planned Exercise.
a. Primal's Moving Slowly. Run around the Royal Gardens.
b. LHT

YESTERDAY

1. Planned Diet.
Binged beyond all reason. (Sigh.)

2. Completed Exercise.
Primal's Moving Slowly. City walk.

- - - - - - - -

STATS (WEEK 2)

End Date -
Number of Days -

Number of Days - 4 days
Old 12-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #114  

canuckgirl7. Gone?! All week long?! ACK! Whatever will I do!

(Sigh.) I'll be here when you return. And despite missing you, I'm thrilled you'll be starting your new gig. When you do log in, be certain to share the details!

And yeah. Running in the Royal Gardens ain't a bad way to spend time.

Hollyp. (Laughing!) That's the beauty of Primal. Dark chocolate allowed! And plenty of those fellas and dolls have abs that just won't quit!

But I agree with you. The few times I've hit 22% on the scale, I've seen an ab or two peeking. I think sub-20% is the spot for consistent abs clearance.

Congratulations on your first fast! You seemed to pull it off without a hitch! And yeah. My strategy is the same as your strategy. Keep busy! That's why I typically do better skipping breakfast and lunch, rather than lunch and dinner.

And thanks to you for keeping me company! Y'all don't know how much your dedication to the cause keeps me motivated!

On my end. This is the second weekend that I've crashed and burned. Big time. Saturday I didn't post due to black-out. (Love Cambodia.) But yesterday I didn't post due to a personal black-out. I didn't step on the scale. Need I say more?

Last week, my goal was to exercise everyday. Goal conquered. CREDIT. But this week, my goal is to keep it together over the weekend. So here's my commitment (and ladies, hold me accountable)!

1. I will log in and plan each morning;
2. I will review my cards, particularly those concerning bingeing;
3. I will eat and exercise as planned;
4. I will not even think about entering a convenience store;
5. I will keep busy!

This week is also the start of my double work-outs! I'm committed to completing two this week!

Today, the yo-yo ends. And ladies, if you have any recommendations or suggestions, please throw it on the table.

119, sub-20s, here I come!

Last edited by Nelia; 12-11-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #115  

DAY 18

Change Definition of Full

I like feeling really, really full. (Actually, I don't really like it anymore.)

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

I need to accept that the state of being over full isn't normal. And what's more, this desire won't get me to my weight loss goals. In the past, I may have liked feeling really, really full. But I'll enjoy being a bombshell even more. Besides, eating reasonably doesn't mean that I can't enjoy food. And if I eat mindfully, it doesn't matter the portion. Quality wins over quantity every time!

But I can eat unlimited protein, veggies and fruit? Right?

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

You could. But what happens when those foods aren't available? How will you handle yourself? Isn't better to train yourself to recognize normal fullness rather than rely on certain foods being available. Therefore, no matter what situation you're in (e.g. movie theatre, jungle or reception) and no matter what foods are available, you'll have a reliable measure for a healthy round of eating. No matter what foods are available, practice recognizing normal fullness. Practice makes perfect (and thin)!

What happens if I get hungry before my next meal?

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

You get hungry. Haven't you successfully practice intermittent fasting and gone 24 hours without eating anything? You know by now that hunger is not an emergency, nor is it something you need to fear. Learn to love the unfed state and appreciate that you're doing serious damage to the muffin top and thunder thighs!

I like overeating. There's something so satisfying in prolonging the eating experience and in satiating my every last taste bud desire.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Why is there this underlying desperation to your bingefests? What do you fear? Is food a crutch or an option? There is nothing wrong in prolonging pleasure or satiating desires, provided it doesn't jeopardize your priority of claiming an exceptional life and that includes making the healthful choice. When you feel driven to eat, rather than doing the driving, ask whether you are truly seeking pleasure or are instead, attempting to avoid some sort of pain. The former you'll be able to achieve in moderation, no problem. But you won't be able to achieve the latter without compromising self. What choice will you make?

TODAY

Weight - 129.0 (Pull it together, Nelia!)
Body Fat - 23.7 points

1. Planned Eating.
a. Cooked salmon salad
b. Boiled eggs
c. Chicken satay, pork larb

2. Planned Exercise.
Primal's Sprints - Spin class

YESTERDAY

1. Planned Diet.
a. IF
b. IF
c. Binged beyond all reason. Chips. Pasta. Candy bar. Cookies. (Gotta get to the bottom of this.)

2. Completed Exercise.
Primal's Moving Slowly. Run around the Royal Gardens.

- - - - - - - -

STATS (WEEK 2)

End Date -
Number of Days -

Number of Days - 4 days
Old 12-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #116  
Beck follower

Ok girls I'm back. Needed a break from the time consuming logging. Nelia will hang out here, another thread takes too much time. I like having just a couple people to talk to rather than 10! I have started Pauline Nordics fighter diet and it's much like my previous figure comp diet, high high protein, low fats and carbs. Will probably have to add to it and cut a little protein to make it a lifestyle

Nelia love your current thought processes. Glad we can be of help to you! If I don't come on here daily now you'll know why. But your thoughts are exactly mine, and after the easy day fast I was soooo hungry the next, are you? And had a tny binge that night when I got home. Not sure it was productive for me butnhadnsome euphoric feelings going and that was fun. Felt so in control and was so proud of myself that I could do it!

Talk soon, keep it together! Keep up that activity!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #117  

DAY 19

Stop Fooling Myself (I need to memorize, live and breath Day 19!)

It's OK to eat this because it'll just be this one time.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

How many "this one times" are sticking to your thighs and *** as you read this. Is the number on the scale OK? Then this one time is not OK. Stop deluding yourself and stick to your planned meals. Eat as planned just this one time.

It's OK to eat this because I'll make up for it and eat less later.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Guess what? Later is today. You weigh _______. Your long past due to "make up." Besides, we're into healthful eating, not binge eating. Yes the roller coaster has highs, but remember how devastated you feel at the lows? Let's get off this roller coaster permanently and stick to the menu as planned!

It's OK to eat this because I'm upset and I just don't care!

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

I might not care right this instant. But I will care in a few minutes when the craving buzz is gone and all I'm left with is my damn muffin top and extra weight. I am upset, but eating unplanned food will only add to the pain. Instead of eating, go for a walk, read a book or call your diet buddy. And remember, you do care.

It's OK to eat this because it's a special occasion.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

And because it's a special occasion you don't care about being able to wear a bikini? You don't care about being able to wear jeans? You don't care about feeling like the Jolly Fat Giant in Cambodia? Is the occasion that special? I didn't think so. Stop looking for justification and start looking for something healthy.

It's OK to eat this...

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Stop right there. If you're rationalizing, you're off plan. You do care. It does matter. It's not worth it. Recognize and live your exceptional self. Not your mediocre self. You deserve so much better than that. You are better than that.

TODAY

Weight - 127.2
Body Fat - 21.2 points

1. Planned Eating.
a. IF
b. IF
c. Chicken satay, pork larb

2. Planned Exercise.
Primal's Moving Slowly - Run around the Royal Gardens

YESTERDAY

1. Planned Diet.
a. Cheese bacon chicken burger. Sans bun.
b. Cooked salmon salad
c. Boiled eggs

2. Completed Exercise.
None.

- - - - - - - -

STATS (WEEK 2) I'll weigh in tomorrow as I'm in a bit of a rush this morning!

End Date -
Number of Days -

Number of Days - 4 days
Old 12-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyp View Post
Ok girls I'm back. Needed a break from the time consuming logging. Nelia will hang out here, another thread takes too much time. I like having just a couple people to talk to rather than 10! I have started Pauline Nordics fighter diet and it's much like my previous figure comp diet, high high protein, low fats and carbs. Will probably have to add to it and cut a little protein to make it a lifestyle

Nelia love your current thought processes. Glad we can be of help to you! If I don't come on here daily now you'll know why. But your thoughts are exactly mine, and after the easy day fast I was soooo hungry the next, are you? And had a tny binge that night when I got home. Not sure it was productive for me butnhadnsome euphoric feelings going and that was fun. Felt so in control and was so proud of myself that I could do it!

Talk soon, keep it together! Keep up that activity!
Ooh. Do you have a link to the Fighter Diet? I'm always up for new information and new approaches re high protein intake!

I'm usually not crazy hungry, unless I have a double work-out day. And I rarely binge because of hunger pains. I'm all about emotional eating. The only reason I haven't completely gone off the deep end of recent is because of you two!

But I did have a major triumph last night. I was more than a bit down last night and actually found myself in the convenient store, headed toward the candy bar aisle. I did the back and forth for at least a minute before the Helpful Response won the battle. I walked out empty handed. Major triumph! And thankfully, the scale has acknowledged my efforts!

Last edited by Nelia; 12-13-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #119  

I am back
Sunday, Monday and today my eating has been all over the place.
I have been eating sitting down and have been planning what to eat. I have been eating out so I grabbed the nutrition guide for two places nearby and have been using that. DInner monday was not planned and don't know how many cals I consumed, but I have been nervous about work and not had much of an apetite during the day.

I weighted in at 180 on Sunday. I will update on Sunday when I am at home. Right now I don't have access to a scale which is probably a good thing, since (as I have emntioned in the past) I tend to celebrate weight loss by overeating. If I don't know where I am now, I can't celebrate and I hope that by the next weigh in I will have continued to strengthen my resistance muscle that I don't give in and "reward" myself with food.

I will post my thoughts about the missing days tomorow or Thursday.

The new job is fine, it is an administrative position with the federal government of Canada, I am also looking for a place to rent which takes time (but I have friends in this city who I am staying with).

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I have eaten sitting down, credit me
I am still working on the mindful eating. I have asked myself twice if I could go for a brisk walk after eating, the answer was no on Monday (ate wayyy too much and then had a tea and then actually did walk) it was very uncomfortable.

Tuesday I was fine though I consumed about 650 cals for dinner.

I have had three days of spontaneous exercise (walked 30 mintues with two heavy bags to my friends house) walked 20+ minutes from work to downtown and a little downtown. Today I walked about 15 minutes. I take the stairs up four flights at work.
Unfortunately I forgot my ARC in Toronto, but at this point I pretty much have them memorized and they are posted in this thread

I hope everyone's week has been going well so far.

Quote:
But I did have a major triumph last night. I was more than a bit down last night and actually found myself in the convenient store, headed toward the candy bar aisle. I did the back and forth for at least a minute before the Helpful Response won the battle. I walked out empty handed. Major triumph! And thankfully, the scale has acknowledged my efforts!

CREDIT YOU
good for you. Your abs will thank you for resisting the candy and your resistance muscle is getting stronger everyday
Old 12-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #120  

@canuckgirl7 Good to see you in here! Can't wait to hear more about your new gig! I was running exceptionally late this morning, but I'll be back in here tomorrow!

Last edited by Nelia; 12-15-2011 at 11:57 PM.