Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #76  
Beck follower

S/C/G: 136/134/120

Height: 5'5

True so true canuckgirl. I will continue the plan. And NOT get on scale. I just get mad and start eating and giving up whe it doesnt say what I want it to. Another thread suggested I consider myself at maintenance and work beck from there. Pretty good insightful advice.

Im such the perpetual dieter! Its like a darn hobby! But id rather be knitting or something lol
Hollyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #77  
Beck follower

Also...if cal counting lifted your butt mine would be in the sky! LOL. Hope you had a good bday. You did a lot of beck for a bday, credit yourself!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 145/144/115

Height: 5'3

DAY 9

Select an Exercise Plan (Lawdy, do I need this pep talk.)

☁ Nelia's SABOTAGING THOUGHTS

It's late. I'm exhausted from work. I don't feel like exercising tonight.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Great. Put on your shoes and get your *** to the gym. This isn't about feeling. This is about losing weight and treating your body right.

Make it happen.

TODAY

Weight - 124.8 (WHAT! Does dance of triumph around the apartment!)
Body Fat - 24.7 points (Sigh. Can't have it all in one day. Gotta get my butt to the gym and Lift Heavy Things!)

1. Planned Diet.
Meal 1 - IF
Meal 2 - Pork ribs and duck confit Waldorf
Meal 3 - Salmon salad

2. Planned Exercise.
Primal's moving slowly. Run around the royal gardens.

YESTERDAY

1. Actual Diet.
Meal 1 - IF
Meal 2 - Saffron fish, bacon, rocket salad, three dark chocolate truffles
Meal 3 - IF

One mindful meal - I forgot about a scheduled lunch, which consequently messed with my intermittent fasting, which consequently messed with my mindful meal. Today! No excuses!

2. Completed Exercise.
None. (Another sigh.)

- - - - - - - -

STARTING STATS

Weight - 130.8 pounds
Body Fat - 26.5 points
Waist - 31.50 inches
Tush - 37.75 inches
Thigh - 23 inches

Long Term Goal - 118 pounds, 18% body fat

Short Term Goal - 126.8
Start Date - 29 November 2011
End Date -
Number of Days -
Nelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #79  

STARTING STATS

Weight - 130.8 pounds
Body Fat - 26.5 points
Waist - 31.50 inches
Tush - 37.75 inches
Thigh - 23 inches

Second Short Term Goal - 119.8 (Y'all, I can't even fathom being sub - 120. Crazy!)
Start Date - 2 December 2011
End Date -
Number of Days -

First Short Term Goal - 126.8
End Date - 2 December 2011
Number of Days - 4 days
Old 12-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyp View Post
Also...if cal counting lifted your butt mine would be in the sky! LOL. Hope you had a good bday. You did a lot of beck for a bday, credit yourself!
Laughing! You two are hilarious! Although I'm not one for calorie counting, I'm definitely one for a tush lift! To the gym we go.

canuckgirl7. Mad, crazy props to you for making anything happen on your birthday and staying conscious throughout! Credit!

Hollyp. Did you see my post #71? We're right *here* re terminal dieting and the dreaded plateau. It would be great to exchange ideas to refresh our attitudes!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Day 10: Set a realistic goal

My realistic short term goal as per the book is to lose 5 pounds. I did reach 182 on Monday ( Istarted at 187) and have gone up and down a bit since then. As of this morning despite me thinking I did a lot of damage on my birtthday, I am again at 182.

To make it easier to track (since my goal weight is 135) my next goal is 180.

Sabotaging THought: Losing 1-2 pounds is too slow.
I personally don't know if I agree that 1-2 pounds is what you should lose (p.114 of the pink book) and there have been comments here where faster weight loss inspired people to stick with their plan. I do understand that for people who have a lot of weight the number may be faster and people with less weight may lose slower (or risk losing mucle).

I do realize that regardless of what the scale says, I need to stick with the plan. Everyone who tries to lose weight will have good days (or week) and bad days (or week) the important thing is to not let success or failure change the plan. Often in the past as I mentioned before, I have rewarded weight loss with food, undoing all the hard work I put in.

Today, I had a few bites of breakfast standing up, but rememberd to sit for lunch and dinner. Mindful eating is still a work in progress

I hit the weights today, credit me! Did a full body circuit using 8 pound weights and my body wieght

I will be on the treadmill tomorrow morning.

My eating plan is to count calories and consume between 1400 and 1600 a day.
Today I had:
Breakfast - 310
Lunch - 750
Dinner - 465
Total - 1525

Lunch was about 300 calories too much Unfortunately this means that I only have approx. 75 calories for a snack and am at the high end of my caloric intake.

Sigh, I cracked since I was soo hungry and had some popcorn. Next time I will make a better choice and have some fruit or something

Last edited by canuckgirl7; 12-01-2011 at 09:14 PM.
canuckgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #82  
Beck follower

Hello buddies! Have been out of power and now back. Cool! I did read that post nelia. And took a break for a couple days and feel good again. Not losing weight at all but will still practice beck as it is so good to do. The habits are so good to follow. Im very interested in this primal thing you talk about. Is that paleo book? And IF is intermittent fasting? I always assoc that with skipping meals and wondered if it was good, seems to be working for you!!

Canuckgirl7, good job reaching your st goal! I think slow and steady wins the race!

More tomorrow! Happy friday!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Day 11: differentiate between hunger, desire and cravings

I started this at breakfast but didn't finish for lunch and dinner. Will try again Sturday or Sunday

Sabotaging thought: I know the difference b/w hunger. desire and craving

You might know the definition of the terms but when it comes to thinking of the difference in the application of meal choices, all reasoning goes out the window. It is too easy to label things hunger when it actually a craving and will probably go away soon, but if I (incorrectly) label it hunger I feel I need to eat.

No exercise today, there is always tomorrow
canuckgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #84  

DAY 10

Set a Realistic Goal

I won't be satisfied until I get to my ideal weight. I don't deserve credit until I weigh 118 pounds.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Find satisfaction in the journey, not the destination. This is about developing healthful habits, not about a final number. Every time you've evidence of developing those healthful habits is a cause for celebration.

Losing only 1 - 2 pounds each week is too damn slow!

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

It may feel slow, but in truth, you're taking it off much faster then you put it on. Besides at this rate, worse case scenario, it will take you less than 2 months to reach your ultimate goal. By your birthday, you'll have cultivated the body and the habits that will last a lifetime. Spring will be here before you know it. And what's two months of slow progress when compared to the alternative, a lifetime of mediocrity and objectives not met?

Take the slow progress and an exceptional life!

TODAY

Weight - 125.4
Body Fat - 24.3 points

1. Planned Diet.
Meal 1 - Salmon salad
Meal 2 - Couple of eggs
Meal 3 - Tried to research the restaurant I'm going to this evening, but there's no online menu. It'll be meat and veggies of some sort.

2. Planned Exercise.
Primal's LHT.

YESTERDAY

1. Actual Diet.
Meal 1 - Chorizo salad
Meal 2 - Pork ribs
Meal 3 - Smoked salmon tartare on a whole grain bun (FOUL) and a truffle. (Sigh. The bun is definitely NOT on Primal Path. But CREDIT for not totally going off the deep end and ordering the fruit juice as well.

One mindful meal - Fail. Fail. Fail. As evidenced by the bun. Dang. There's always today, right this minute, to get back on track.

2. Completed Exercise.
Primal's Move Slowly. Ran around the Royal Gardens.

- - - - - - - -

STARTING STATS

Weight - 130.8 pounds
Body Fat - 26.5 points
Waist - 31.50 inches
Tush - 37.75 inches
Thigh - 23 inches

Second Short Term Goal - 119.8
End Date -
Number of Days -

Number of Days - 4 days
Old 12-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #85  

canuckgirl7 Great job hitting the weights! CREDIT! And well done tracking the calories. You may be just a bit over, but it's great knowing where you stand. And most of all TRIUMPH for staying mindful about being mindful!

Hollyp Mark's Daily Apple is the Primal source. And yeah. IF stands for Intermittent Fasting. This guy does a great job of covering the benefits as well as the science behind the benefits. (Laughing!) But it's definitely not for everyone. As I mentioned before, I'm busy. So less is more works perfectly for me.

What have you done in the past that's worked really well for you?

Ladies have a great Saturday and I'll see you tomorrow!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #86  
Beck follower

Hello friends!

Nelia the only thing that worked in past was double hour long cardios, bodybuilding diet and 3 hrs exercise a day. Love today! Got on scale and it said 133!!!!! Havent seen that in a while. There was nothing dif about this week either! Wish i did bc I would surely repeat it!!!

Off to gym, swim later with twins, eat for every meal and master sticking to planned foods and not get lazy with that. Will work on that skill for a while.

Hope the scale continues tonmove, I have hope today!

Holly
Old 12-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #87  

DAY 11

Differentiate between Hunger, Desire and Cravings

Although I need to do this (complete the hunger chart), I don't want to. This seems a big pain in my ***.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Better a big pain in your *** than a big ***. Download the worksheet and commit to completing it for every meal you eat privately for the remainder of the week. It's one week and totally worth *** and thigh reduction! Besides this is a handy skill to learn once you reach maintenance. You want effortless healthful living? Learn to effortlessly discern between hunger and craving.

I must have a peppermint patty (cookie, Doritos, fish and chips) right this instant.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

Right this instant, you're experiencing a craving, and that's cool. But remember, you have the ability to ignore cravings. Drink some water. Brush your teeth. Read a book. Take a walk. 20 minutes later if you're hungry, find something healthy to eat and to tide you over until your next planned meal or indulgence.

That food was so tasty, I'd like to go back for seconds.

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

That food was good. But will seconds make it any better? Wait 20 minutes and see if you're hungry. If you are, by all means have more. If you're not, ask what will bring you more satisfaction. Overeating food that you've already enjoyed or getting into that pair of jeans you haven't worn in 10 years?

TODAY

Weight - 124.8
Body Fat - 24.5 points

1. Planned Diet.
FREE DAY

2. Planned Exercise.
Primal's Moving Slowly. Long leisurely walk.

YESTERDAY

1. Planned Diet.
Meal 1 - Salmon salad
Meal 2 - Nothing
Meal 3 - Bacon, saffron fish and rocket salad. Two glasses of wine.

One mindful meal - I tried. I really did. I made it about half way through and then picked up a book. (Sigh.)

2. Completed Exercise.
Primal's LHT. Finally made it into the gym! CREDIT!

- - - - - - - -

STARTING STATS

Weight - 130.8 pounds
Body Fat - 26.5 points
Waist - 31.50 inches
Tush - 37.75 inches
Thigh - 23 inches

End Date -
Number of Days -

Number of Days - 4 days
Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyp View Post
Hello friends!

Nelia the only thing that worked in past was double hour long cardios, bodybuilding diet and 3 hrs exercise a day. Love today! Got on scale and it said 133!!!!! Havent seen that in a while. There was nothing dif about this week either! Wish i did bc I would surely repeat it!!!

Off to gym, swim later with twins, eat for every meal and master sticking to planned foods and not get lazy with that. Will work on that skill for a while.

Hope the scale continues tonmove, I have hope today!

Holly
133! Success!

You've twins? How old are they? Now that reads a handful!

And what's the bodybuilding diet? (3 hours every day? Damn!)
Old 12-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #89  
Beck follower

Hi Nelia, BB diet is eating every 3 hrs and high protein ( like 200g) ,low in fruits,dairy,sugar. Very tough as its also low in cals despite tremendous workouts! It worked but was too tough. I brought home trophies, made a transformation of my body and have still maintained most of it. I competed in figure.

I have twin 6 yo girls and they are awesome, easy and super fun!

Today have a lot planned, planned workout at gym, weights and spinning, then 20 min swim later while girls have a swim lesson. Exercise has never been my issue!

Goal today is to eat all meals planned and SIT for everything!

Todays weight is 134 , up a lb from yesterday.
Nelia do you think. I should weigh daily and post up? You weigh daily and what do you think is working best for you at this time? You seem to be losing awesomely and you are low close to goal like me. Im impressed....when I weigh daily it tends to really frustrate me and does NOT desensitize me to daily fluctuations as one might think.

There will be nothing tempting me today from my diet. Just myself!

Holly
Old 12-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #90  

DAY 12

Tolerate Hunger

I'm hungry! To **** with this fast!

★ Nelia's RESPONSE

To **** with this fast? To **** with your beach body! Listen, chick. You wanted an effortless way to maintain your weight without worrying about certain foods being available while traveling and without having to track the calories for every last morsel that entered your mouth. When you think fasting is too hard, think of the alternatives. Surely these last four or five hours of not eating is worth the freedom you experience the other four or five days of the week? That's what I thought. Now go do something to distract yourself. Grab a book or go outside for a walk.

TODAY

Weight - 127.2 (And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what a FREE DAY will get you. Not worth it.)
Body Fat - 24.7 points

1. Planned Diet.
a. IF
b. IF
c. Salmon salad

2. Planned Exercise.
Primal's Moving Slowly. Run in the royal gardens.

YESTERDAY

1. Planned Diet.
FREE DAY

2. Completed Exercise.
rimal's Moving Slowly. Long leisurely walk.

- - - - - - - -

STARTING STATS

Weight - 130.8 pounds
Body Fat - 26.5 points
Waist - 31.50 inches
Tush - 37.75 inches
Thigh - 23 inches

End Date -
Number of Days -