Old 01-08-2016, 04:03 PM   #1  

Default Starting Atkins

Just started Atkins this week! I am using an older book because I know people who have had success on earlier versions...is there anyone else out there who has started within these past few weeks?

If so, what are you stories so far?
Summerbodi2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/197.5/180

Height: 5'5"

I started last Sunday and I'm down 5.5 lbs!! I'm excited and ready to lose more weight to get healthy again! ! Good luck
Michellelanham1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #3  
not looking back

S/C/G: 196/150

Height: 5'7

keep it up!! it's well worth the effort you put into it : )
smith1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

to Atkins!

This is a great way of life when it is done correctly.

I lost 100 lbs in a little over a year and have maintained the loss ever since. That will soon be 12 years ago

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 01-11-2016 at 11:32 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #5  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Jersey, I was so hoping to see you here! I too am back on Atkins using the older original book.

I have questions that I know the book probably answers but I don't know that I 100% trust myself to interpret it correctly!

I know you probably get tired of newbies constantly plying you with the same ol' questions, so I keep reading older posts here and the book. But please bear with me if every once in a while I ask you a stupid/recycled question.

Your story is inspirational. I know I can do this.
melissakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissakd View Post
Jersey, I was so hoping to see you here! I too am back on Atkins using the older original book.

I have questions that I know the book probably answers but I don't know that I 100% trust myself to interpret it correctly!

I know you probably get tired of newbies constantly plying you with the same ol' questions, so I keep reading older posts here and the book. But please bear with me if every once in a while I ask you a stupid/recycled question.

Your story is inspirational. I know I can do this.

I never get tired of singing the praises of Atkins and my personal experiences with it. Feel free to ask. I will do my best to help.

You CAN do this!!!
Old 02-01-2016, 03:39 PM   #7  
tet

S/C/G: 216.8/ticker/138

Height: 5'8"

My mother used to go on all the fad diets when I was a kid. Because she didn't want to make separate meals, I was always forced to go on them with her even though I was probably too skinny at the time. Have had a love/hate relationship with food since then, but didn't really start gaining weight until I was an adult. I'm so tired of all this extra weight so decided to do LC.

I just started yesterday, Jan 31, but in just 1 day, I'm already down 2.2 lbs. I know it's all water weight at this point, but with wanting to lose so much, any downward movement is good.

I've tried Atkins in the past and always had problems with cravings, but hoping I can just stick to my guns until the cravings pass. Carbs are definitely not my friend!!
tet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #8  
TX Fat Chick

HI tet, I have found that at 5 weeks in, my cravings are pretty much gone. As a matter of fact, I sometimes have to ask myself if I'm even hungry when meal time comes.

I'm down 20.3 lbs in 5 weeks. It works!
Old 02-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215.5/203/135

Height: 5'4

Hi there
I just started Atkins January 29th and have dropped 10 pounds !!! I am not using the original book, but the next one after that. As long as it keeps working for me, I will stick with this as I feel I have more freedom....(that's just me tho.)
I am so excited to get out of the 200's and make it back into ONEDERLAND!!! Hoping by the end of this weekend.

Looking forward to cheering others on and finding support here !!!

Have a great night
Dana Rae
dana88daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #10  
TX Fat Chick

Hi Dana,

Good Job! I too am really, really looking forward to getting back to onederland.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #11  
tet

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissakd View Post
HI tet, I have found that at 5 weeks in, my cravings are pretty much gone. As a matter of fact, I sometimes have to ask myself if I'm even hungry when meal time comes.

I'm down 20.3 lbs in 5 weeks. It works!
I've been very surprised. I haven't had cravings at all since I started (1/31/16). Other times I've tried, I'd hit the cravings hard on day 2 or 3. I'd never last more than 2 weeks. This time, I have no desire to eat carbs, feel that I have already hit ketosis, and have already lost inches. I don't want to look at the scale yet because it's that TOM, but I'm sure I've had to have dropped some of the weight.

Really thinking this might be sustainable for me this time around. Mental fortitude definitely has something to do with success and I think I'm finally in the right frame of mind.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215.5/203/135

Height: 5'4

Hi Melissa and Tet !!!
Hope you are both still staying on track I am down 13 pounds since January 29 and am so excited. I couldn't agree more with having the right mental fortitude ....You have to be in the right place mentally to get thru this plan...or any for that matter. Please visit the site often as it helps so much....not just you but ME TOO !! I love coming here for motivation, and hearing from others often, helps me stay on track!!
Have a great day!!!
Dana Rae
dana88daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #13  
tet

Thanks for the welcome, Dana. Wow, 13 lbs in 9 days!!! That's amazing. I started on 1/31. As of this morning, I'm down 7.8 lbs. I just started adding strength training this weekend, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a slow down. I'm hanging in there, but I did start having a few cravings yesterday so when I went to the grocery store, I did buy a box of Atkins bars and some almonds. I still stayed under for net carbs for the day, but I want to stay as low as possible for total carbs. Then again, keeping my body guessing may just help me get a few extra pounds here and there.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #14  
TX Fat Chick

Hi Ladies! Yes, still hanging in there. I'm kind of stuck at about 23lbs down right now but I'm not going to weigh again til the weekend. It is so nice to have my clothes feeling so big!
Old 02-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #15  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Dana. Wow, 13 lbs in 9 days!!! That's amazing. I started on 1/31. As of this morning, I'm down 7.8 lbs. I just started adding strength training this weekend, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a slow down. I'm hanging in there, but I did start having a few cravings yesterday so when I went to the grocery store, I did buy a box of Atkins bars and some almonds. I still stayed under for net carbs for the day, but I want to stay as low as possible for total carbs. Then again, keeping my body guessing may just help me get a few extra pounds here and there.
If you're doing Induction, almonds are not permitted. Best to stay away from Atkins bars too.