Old 03-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi everybody! Hope it's not too late to join the Easter challenge... Love Atkins and has been the only plan for me, just started about 2 and a half to 3 weeks ago and feeling good about the results so far. Has anyone used the Ketosis strips before? I was considering them just as a reassurance that I was in Ketosis since I plan on staying in induction for the long haul but wasn't sure how well they worked.

Good luck to all of you!

My goal for Easter...-10 pounds.
minoja75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoja75 View Post
Hi everybody! Hope it's not too late to join the Easter challenge... Love Atkins and has been the only plan for me, just started about 2 and a half to 3 weeks ago and feeling good about the results so far. Has anyone used the Ketosis strips before? I was considering them just as a reassurance that I was in Ketosis since I plan on staying in induction for the long haul but wasn't sure how well they worked.

Good luck to all of you!

hi minoja and I don't think it is a problem to join the Easter Challenge at all..

personally I've never used the strips as I knew I was in ketosis with the metal mouth taste and bad breathe LOL a few on here have used the strips so maybe someone will reply back with some advice
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #153  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
How is everyone doing on the Easter Challenge? I won't be no where near a 20 pound loss but maybe around 8. I'll take it
Hi Globe,

8 is good, considering you don't have that much to lose. I noticed that you are currently living in Italy, so I give you credit, staying away from all that delicious Italian food and wine. You have great will power.

My goal is 12, and for the Love of God I better make it. I lost 9 already, so 3 more to go. If I don't lose a lb this week, I am going to cut out the cheese and the Atkins bars. But I hope I lose. I am going out with the girls tonight to the Cheesecake Factory. Goodbye to my martinis, and cheesecake. I am going to order mineral water, and any Atkins friendly salad they have on the menu. Then I have Friday and Saturday to get off any of the water weight I may gain from the salty food. We have to make this our lifestyle, not a diet, or we will gain it all back. . .for me like the last 10 times I lost weight Refuse to do that any longer. I'm too old for that.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #154  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaustink View Post
Well it seems that cutting back on cheese and nuts is working for me. Lost 2lbs this week so far..hope everyone else is doing good
Yay Buck! I am not even going to try to add nuts. I am going to watch the cheese if the scale doesn't move this week. Fingers crossed it does.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #155  
Never Giving Up

Quote:

Good luck to all of you!

Welcome Minoja! I don't know anything about the strips either. Have you tried the Atkins.com board or on Facebook?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 206/195/121

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Good luck to all of you!

I use the strips just as a little added bonus for staying on track
Buckaustink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

I've been OffP this week, finals and work and everything got the best of me but I'm back on. I'm still aiming for 15 pound total loss, I was 219 yesterday so that leaves me 7 pounds in 2 weeks.
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
Hi Globe,

My goal is 12, and for the Love of God I better make it. I lost 9 already, so 3 more to go. If I don't lose a lb this week, I am going to cut out the cheese and the Atkins bars.
The Atkins bars always slowed and even halted my weight loss so unfortunately I had to give them up too. I still use the shakes though and they have really been a life saver! Good luck to you!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaustink View Post
I use the strips just as a little added bonus for staying on track
I am definitely going to pick some up tomorrow...sometimes I need to see the proof in order to believe it! Thanks and good luck to you!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:10 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Hi Serenity, I've lived in Italy now for almost 5 years and believe me after year 2 the pasta and pizza gets old. Since Italy is carb city you do have to have will power here or you will fall off the wagon for sure. I will be coming back home to the states at the end of June.

I think you will reach your goal we have 2 more weeks and 3 pounds in 2 weeks is doable. I'm hoping to be at least 138/139 by easter which is 4 pounds I'm aiming for. Since TOM is around the corner I'm not sure but I'm going to try my darnest..
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #161  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Okay, my office is torture! It's constant food. Just today they ordered these huge breakfast sandwiches in for everybody and after lunch, there is strawberry short cake for everyone. Oh, and to top it off, I got a lecture from someone who went on and on about how stupid doing Atkins is! Grrr.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

cldwy: just make sure you bring your own food and extra snacks to munch on throughout the day. I work at a facility for kids and the food in the fridge is never Atkins friendly and birthdays are the worst because they do pizza and cake, I know your pain way too well. I try to bring a couple of salads plus snacks, I'd rather have too much food than too little. I know it's different working at an office but there's still things you can do to stay on track
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #163  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
Okay, my office is torture! It's constant food. Just today they ordered these huge breakfast sandwiches in for everybody and after lunch, there is strawberry short cake for everyone. Oh, and to top it off, I got a lecture from someone who went on and on about how stupid doing Atkins is! Grrr.
Could you just take the filling out of the bread and eat it with a fork on a plate? That is what I would do. I don't know which version of Atkins you are doing, but maybe keep some of the shakes in your drawer for the times when everyone is pigging out on cake, you can have a 'milkshake". Did the person who was saying how stupid Atkins is, know you are doing Atkins? What a jerk. Just ignore them, and laugh in their face when you are skinny. I don't tell people I am doing Atkins, I just saying I am watching carbs. It is none of their business.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #164  

Picked up some Ketostrips and even though I tested in the middle of the day it was positive! So happy to know that I am still on the right track, I was afraid I was eating too much some things because it has been a little too easy to stay op lately...not that I'm complaining.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #165  
Never Giving Up

Happy Saturday! Hope everything is going well with all. I was reading some threads on another Atkins chatboard, and it seems that stalls are the norm with Atkins, whether you eat the packaged food or not. So don't give up. What the consensus says is to measure yourself, and you should be seeing inches lost, so that means it is still working. Also, unless you go 4 weeks without weight loss it is not considered a plateau.

I think I am going to try adding some of the Greek yogurt starting next week. I need to have calcium and also want to add a little variety to my diet. I know I can add nuts, but I am skipping that altogether. I don't get any joy out of eating 1oz of nuts, I rather eat something else.