Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
weighed myself again this morning and still the same 2 pound gain. I weighed yesterday afternoon and evening and still the same after drinking tons of water.. it just tells me that my body hasn't adjusted yet to after TOM.. I'm going to keep on going I don't have far to reach my goal and my April goal by the end of the month is 8 - 10 pounds.. I can do this..
You CAN do it globetrotter! I hate TOM...it doesn't just interrupt a few days or a week from your life it's more like having one week of stability and 3-4 weeks of getting over, getting ready or getting back to normal after TOM. I know your next weigh in will be better!
minoja75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #197  

So pretty sure I won't make it to Easter goal...that is 11 pounds away but only 3 days to do it. I'm okay with that though since I am actually losing weight.

What is our next goal? Memorial day? If so I am going to take my results for Easter goal and try to calculate a more reasonable one for that.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Minoja just weighed myself and I;m down 1.2 pounds after eating and drinking a lot of water it is TOM for sure and my body adjusting back.. will weigh again in the morning just to see if it goes down again..

I'm no where near my Easter goal but my I hope to reach my goal weight by memorial day.. so these next 8 weeks I will be working to hopefully lose 20 pounds or very close to it..

I know we all have to hang in there.. this is why I like this forum it definitely keeos me focused and motivated..
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 206/195/121

Height: 5'4"

Well I am not at my goal weight and I am way off from my Vegas goal weight but know I only have myself to blame. I am hoping for 3 more lbs before I leave on the 16th..then with tons of walking in vegas I am hoping to come hmoe with a loss..then its back at it until my real goal weight. Thanks for all the support...
Buckaustink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #200  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Yes, we are continuing through to Memorial Day and beyond. . . According to the what I have read, after the first couple of weeks, a weekly weight loss of 1-2 pounds for women is average and considered successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoja75 View Post
So pretty sure I won't make it to Easter goal...that is 11 pounds away but only 3 days to do it. I'm okay with that though since I am actually losing weight.

What is our next goal? Memorial day? If so I am going to take my results for Easter goal and try to calculate a more reasonable one for that.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #201  
Never Giving Up

That's great news Globe. I hope to sticks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
Minoja just weighed myself and I;m down 1.2 pounds after eating and drinking a lot of water it is TOM for sure and my body adjusting back.. will weigh again in the morning just to see if it goes down again..

I'm no where near my Easter goal but my I hope to reach my goal weight by memorial day.. so these next 8 weeks I will be working to hopefully lose 20 pounds or very close to it..

I know we all have to hang in there.. this is why I like this forum it definitely keeos me focused and motivated..
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #202  
Never Giving Up

Have fun Buck. I know this is a very bad joke, but I hope your fat stays in Vegas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaustink View Post
Well I am not at my goal weight and I am way off from my Vegas goal weight but know I only have myself to blame. I am hoping for 3 more lbs before I leave on the 16th..then with tons of walking in vegas I am hoping to come hmoe with a loss..then its back at it until my real goal weight. Thanks for all the support...
Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #203  

Hey guys! I made it back to Atkins. I did the other challenges, but not this one and I'm hoping to jump on the next challenge after Easter. I'm starting back on Atkins/low carb Monday after Easter.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #204  

Hey welcome back violet.. I think maybe we should make a new thread for the memorial day challenge.. I didn't get no where near my Easter goal but hey I did lose something..

I weighed myself this afternoon and I've lost 1.2 pounds so I think my body is adjusting back after TOM.. I'm hoping it will move down even more after the weekend. I'm not even going to play around at Easter as well. Just going to eat meat and salad nothing else...

Let's keep hanging in their ladies we can do this
Old 04-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #205  
Never Giving Up

I'm not going to play around at Easter either. Since I'm the one doing the cooking, that won't be hard. I am going to make a ham, and a big salad, and grilled vegetables. My mom and other family members are making other side dishes, but they don't really tempt me. For our first course, I am making shrimp cocktail. I found this very low carb cocktail sauce at Trader Joes, and if I have 2 teas. it is not bad. I also bought some pistachio nuts instead of chips and dips.
I usually have at least 3 different desserts. This time, I am baking one cake. If others want to bring something they are welcome, but they are going to bring it home.

The good news is that dh and dd like to cook so they will help me when it is time to make the cake so I am not tempted to lick the spoon.

Keep on doing it.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #206  

Thanks for the warm welcome! A Memorial Day challenge sounds great!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #207  
Never Giving Up

Another pound gone. That makes 14 lbs in six weeks. This is why I love Atkins. It works, even for an old lady like me. Now onto our Memorial Day Challenge.

A Blessed Easter and Passover to all!

Keep on doing it!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

Official weigh in today: 214 so 2 away from goal weight and 3.5 inches gone. Pretty good despite my slide (guess it's good I aimed low haha). Memorial day I'm hoping for another 15 pounds which will put me under 200.
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #209  

Did not make goal today but that's okay...ready to recover with the next challenge!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 AM   #210  

congrats to those who lose weight and inches.... I didn't amek my goal for Easter Challenge but my goal is by Memorial Day to have reached my goal weight. So I'm ready and motivated for this challenge. I agree Serenity this is why I love Atkins as well... The one thing that I'm starting to get use to is the way my weight goes up and down between 3 -4 lbs especially after TOM so after 2 months on Atkins I see how my body reacts to TOM and hold on to water etc..

Once I've reached my goal I said I would start to add carbs back like first with fruit and start with strawberries or berries in general.. I'm going to read up on the Atkins OWL and Maintenence. I may even start with the shakes and bars in OWL/Maintenence as they will be a good snack.. I never really was fond of the bars but maybe they taste better or I'll like then this time around...

I'm going to start the memorial day challege thread..