Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #166  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Today is weigh-in day for me. Lost 2 lbs. I was actually shocked. I am especially pleased with this weight loss because I used very good self-control this week and it paid off. Sometimes you do all the right things and your body just doesn't cooperate.

Also, I stuck to my goal of walking 5/7 a week.

i'm rethinking adding the yogurt. Maybe berries should come first.

I found a good place to find lots and lots of information about Atkins. Just google Atkins diet bulletin board and it will bring you there.

Keep on doing it!
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Congrats Serenity on the 2 lbs woohoo I'm dancing with you As you see self control does pays off and sometimes your body has a delayed response to the things that you do, well at least mines does LOL

I'm aiming for 2 pounds this week and 2 pounds next week. I should be able to do it.

You know I'm not a big yogurt fan at all but I would do the berries first LOL but maybe someone on here will give you their opinion on that one..
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

3 weeks left until Easter! Last weigh in did not go well, hoping for the next one to make up for it. Staying on plan, no cheating and keep moving...I figure as long as I can say I am doing all that then the scale doesn't matter too much.

Good luck to you all!
minoja75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoja75 View Post
3 weeks left until Easter! Last weigh in did not go well, hoping for the next one to make up for it. Staying on plan, no cheating and keep moving...I figure as long as I can say I am doing all that then the scale doesn't matter too much.

Good luck to you all!
Hang in there minoja and don't let the scale discourage you too much. If you stuck to plan and did not cheat then the scale will move. That happened to me but after a few days it started to go down. I'm sticking to my plan also and having cheated since I started atkins. I hope to lose at least 5 pounds by Easter which is 2.5 pounds a week I can do it and will try my best.

good luck to everyone this week and hoping we all get losses..we all want to be losers
Old 03-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #170  

Thanks globetrotter and good luck to you! I think staying on plan is definitely the key.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #171  

Definitely staying on plan is the key..as long as you know that you are doing the right thing the scale will move. remember with us women we have TOM and water retention so our weight will go up and down.. TOM is coming so I'm going to put off weighing myself until TOM has gone. Last time it was like 4 days after TOM that my weight went down, but at least I know.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #172  
Never Giving Up

Staying on plan is definitely the key. I'm trying to input all my foods and water into one of those apps, I forget the name. lol. It is a lot of work, but in the end you get to see the net carbs, and total calories. I'm not counting calories, per se, but I know I have to be reasonable, that is how my body works.

Keep on Doing It. No matter how much we lose by Easter, we will be thinner than we started.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
Staying on plan is definitely the key. I'm trying to input all my foods and water into one of those apps, I forget the name. lol. It is a lot of work, but in the end you get to see the net carbs, and total calories. I'm not counting calories, per se, but I know I have to be reasonable, that is how my body works.

Keep on Doing It. No matter how much we lose by Easter, we will be thinner than we started.
I am definitely staying on plan! I have been using the Atkins website, there I can put it everything I eat, all the exercise I do, my weight, measurements and a journal and it has helped a lot this week...especially to show me my carb limit and make sure I don't go over. Unfortunately TOM has stopped by for his monthly visit but I think that may have been why the scale didn't move last Sunday...with luck he will be completely gone by this Sundays weigh in and I will see some of the results I have been working so hard to get!

Easter is only 2 and a half weeks away...I wish you all luck and hope that no matter what happens you are all happy with your progress!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #174  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked in in awhile!

I felt like I was in a rut and was feeling depressed so I needed a break. I took a week off from the diet and let myself eat what I wanted in moderation. It was mostly things I enjoyed before that were low calorie like soup and maybe some toast.

It did remind me why I do low carb, my stomach was upset all week from the gluten and I feel insanely bloated (though TOM is expected in the next few days). After my week on a break I went up to 185.6 yesterday and am at 183.4 today after being on plan for 1 day. I feel way better and refreshed.

Considering I'm 1.2 lbs heavier than my lowest weight last week AND I'm PMSing it looks like I didn't do too much damage. My goal by Easter is to be in the 170's.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #175  
Never Giving Up

Hi Stephanie, glad to see you are back. I hope you are feeling better. It's great that you are back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post

I felt like I was in a rut and was feeling depressed so I needed a break. I took a week off from the diet and let myself eat what I wanted in moderation. It was mostly things I enjoyed before that were low calorie like soup and maybe some toast.

It did remind me why I do low carb, my stomach was upset all week from the gluten and I feel insanely bloated (though TOM is expected in the next few days). After my week on a break I went up to 185.6 yesterday and am at 183.4 today after being on plan for 1 day. I feel way better and refreshed.

Considering I'm 1.2 lbs heavier than my lowest weight last week AND I'm PMSing it looks like I didn't do too much damage. My goal by Easter is to be in the 170's.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post

Hi Steph reading your post makes me feel a bit better. I ate some pringles and a slice of pizza and my head and stomach hurts.. I'm on TOM mysulf but tomorrow I'm back to full induction...At least I know that by going back into a full induction again maybe I'll have a swoosh.. TOM is here too so I'll weight next Thursday..which wouls be 7 days on induction.. I was at 141 before TOM and the pizza so next week if I see 141 I won't be too upset but I'm hoping to see 139 just to be in the 130s..
Old 03-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #177  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

TOM is due anytime now, but I'm down almost a half lb today, 183.0.

I feel like giving myself the break recharged my batteries to keep doing this for the long haul and will give me a bit of a whoosh, even if it's just back to where I was before it's nice to see the scale drop down.

I love that I don't get the Atkins flu, even though I indulged in pumpkin cheesecake my last day of cheating I still feel great while withdrawing from sugar
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:00 AM   #178  

Next week is our official easter challenge loss.. I'm not sure what the scale will say but I'll be happy with any loss..

Have anybody thought of another challenge let's say Memorial Day?? or a monthly challenge or goal?

have a good weekend everyone

Last edited by globetrotter74; 03-31-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
Next week is when you should our official easter challenge loss.. I'm not sure what the scale will say but I'll be happy with any loss..

Have anybody thought of another challenge let's say Memorial Day?? or a monthly challenge or goal?

I'm with you globetrotter...I will be happy just to see a lower number on the scale!

Another challenge would be great, I think they really help to keep me motivated!

Weigh in day tomorrow...
Old 03-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #180  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
Next week is our official easter challenge loss.. I'm not sure what the scale will say but I'll be happy with any loss..

I'm definitely in for the Memorial Day challenge, and then July 4th after that I think we should all measure ourselves on Easter Sunday, and then refer back to that to see if we lose inches too. This way, if the scale doesn't budge we will see have tangible proof that it is working.

Have a great Saturday.