3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   LOVE MYSELF Valentines Day Challenge? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/220524-love-myself-valentines-day-challenge.html)

Linsy 01-25-2011 04:38 PM

Thank you! Fortunately I don't feel as bad (today) as the rest of my family. I think I can thank my cleaner eating and water drinking. I used to get sick constantly but I seem to be more resistant. Yay! Fingers crossed that I don't get worse.
I had an off-plan moment and had 1/2 serving of chicken and wild rice soup. At least I still made sure the carbs weren't too high and went for half of the serving...In the past I would have scarfed the whole can without a second glance at the label, so I guess that's pretty good. Thumbs down for the rice, though! :lol:

sandyfanny 01-28-2011 05:57 AM

One more day until weigh-in, Challenge Chicks! I don't expect big things...I've been in a self-induced stall for about three weeks and can't seem to get myself together. Combination of lazy, post-holiday blues (which follow the holiday blues), end of semester for me and my students, exam stress, and all new students this week. Exhausting!

Pump me up, Atkins buddies...enough already with the excuses. Help a sister out, here. Good luck on the scales, everyone.

Linsy 01-28-2011 08:39 PM

Sandy, if you get yourself 100% back on the wagon you'll feel great, trust me. I needed a push as well. I don't know when or why it happened, but I started being very cautious, drinking lots of water, eating 2-4 cups of veggies every day and cutting out most artificial sweetener and I'm getting great results. You can do it! It's worth it.

That being said, my weight this morning was 231, which means 3lbs lost this week and a total of 8 since the challenge began. I'm going to hit 50lbs lost pretty soon!

Edited my post because I got the advice I needed. Let's focus on the challenge!

sandyfanny 01-29-2011 09:50 AM

I forgot to congratulate you on weight loss, Linsy. Three pounds is awesome! Way to Lose!

I weighed in yesterday afternoon. I gained a pound...not my goal at all. Thinking about what I've been eating, it figures. I used almond flour twice this week (pancakes), sugar-free preserves, ate hushpuppies at my favorite seafood dive, munched my way through a bar of dark chocolate, sugar-free chocolate pudding...the list isn't pretty.

You're right. 100% Induction, complete with water, will do it for me. At least I'm starting my day off right with bacon and an egg.

Good luck on the scales, everyone! I'm back to one meal at a time, one snack at a time...but I'm not giving up!

Twiddlebug 01-29-2011 12:54 PM

Oops. I guess I didn't check in last week, although I did weigh myself. So, I am down 3 pounds inthe last two weeks. I KNOW I have not done well with staying on plan, but I do try to compensate by watching the calories when I mess up with the carbs.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Linsy 01-29-2011 01:15 PM

Don't get too upset about your gain. It's probably just water because of the extras you've been eating this week. Eating almond flour pancakes instead of flour, sugar-free preserves instead of regular etc is still a great improvement over the alternative like white flour and full sugar foods. You're doing great! Good job starting off your day with an Induction friendly breakfast. If you can eat clean for a week then I'm sure you'll stop having problems. Good luck. :)

sandyfanny 01-29-2011 02:35 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, Linsy. I deleted my post too for the same reason you did.

So far so good today. I'm making a salad for lunch - lettuce wedge, a boiled egg, slices of crisp bacon, a sprinkling (really a sprinkle) of cheddar cheese and Ranch dressing. And I'm drinking water. Already walked the big fat dog.

I'm working for a week of clean eating...

Linsy 01-29-2011 04:57 PM

That's great! I've been trying to improve my eating habits too. My latest challenges are eating breakfast and having 2-4 cups of veggies per day. So far so good on the veggies and this morning I actually ate breakfast which is rare.

However, I slipped up and drank about half a can of aspartame-sweetened coke zero. My mom accidentally bought it instead of regular cherry coke for them and I opened a can. Oops! I need to be extra careful to not drink it. I'm not going back down the aspartame road again, since my losses have been so good ever since I quit drinking it.

sandyfanny 01-29-2011 05:59 PM

I'm going to read the fine print, too, on the diet drinks I consume. Lately, I've been drinking more artificially sweetened drinks, carbonated and non-carbonated. I haven't been reading labels carefully - I just look to make sure it says sugar-free and check the carb count. That's not enough, as JerseyGyrl reminds us from time to time.

I'll try for aspartame-free this week.

Linsy 01-30-2011 03:59 AM

I finished up most of the diet cherry coke and then dumped out the last few drinks so I wouldn't have any more. :lol: I might have a can for a special occasion like my birthday as a change from water...but aspartame is one of my major off-limits foods!

Sandy, those cheesecake muffins look great. Do they have the consistency of cheesecake or a muffin? Have you tried freezing them?

sandyfanny 01-30-2011 08:04 AM

The cream cheese muffins are very definitely a cheesecake. There's a fifteen-page thread devoted to them on Low Carb Friends...there's also a savory version with green onion and bacon. I haven't tried that version; I like to have a little dessert. Many people who like something sweet with their coffee eat them for breakfast. I'm a fan, but I have to count that cheese!

I haven't frozen any of the muffins, but other Atkins Chicks have and have been pleased with the results. There's a thread on the 2nd page (today it's on the 2nd page) where I asked about freezing them and the responses, "Freeze Cheesecake Muffins?".

yoyoma 01-30-2011 01:22 PM

Well, my lucky winning streak came to an end. I've been in the same weight range for the last three weeks and I knew it was only through sheer luck that my weigh-ins had been down week-over-week. This week, my official weigh in was 140.5, which is 1/2 lb up from the previous week.

The main problem is probably lack of exercise. It's been so snowy and cold that I haven't been walking and I just haven't gotten into the swing of exercising at home. I usually gain weight in the winter, so stalling is actually a form of progress for me, lol!

sandyfanny 01-30-2011 03:23 PM

Yoyoma, I'm the same way. I was losing so well as long as I was walking every day. I think it also helped control my appetite, stress levels, and focus. I don't expect to lose a lot of weight between now and April...when the days will be much longer and the weather will be great. I'm going to stay on plan, but walking combined with Atkins peels it right off me. I hate indoor exercise although I'm thinking of at least trying a little yoga.

We'll make it, Yoyoma.

Linsy 01-30-2011 03:56 PM

I think I need to start adding in exercise as well. I haven't exercised since starting my plan, but some of the girls in the maintenance forum suggested weight training to help my excess skin look better at goal. I think I'm going to start a simple routine of cardio and weight training.

I've been fantasizing over "skinny girl clothes" since last night. It's a great motivator!

islandchick1 01-30-2011 09:26 PM

Hi ladies :)
weigh in is still 210.
Nothing lost BUT, NOTHING gained :D
Have a great week ya'll!