3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   LOVE MYSELF Valentines Day Challenge? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/220524-love-myself-valentines-day-challenge.html)

yoyoma 01-22-2011 04:17 AM

My early bird official weigh-in today has me down 1 pound from last week (total of 4 pounds since the challenge start). That's fine with me, but... I've been bouncing around daily in the same range for the past three weeks or so, and it's just luck that I have been weighing in with decreasing numbers on Saturdays.

Part (most?) of the problem must be that I have not been exercising regularly. There's been a lot of snow here which makes walking outside difficult for me. Plus, my Curves is has been closed due to weather on days that I would normally have gone.

Maybe I should be happy just to hold my ground at this time of year. But I am toying with the idea of going back to strict induction. I finished induction a week ago and this past week I've eaten a few non-induction foods and upped my carb count a bit. But maybe I should go back on again until I see some real progress or until I can start exercising regularly again.

Linsy 01-22-2011 01:49 PM

Down 4 pounds from challenge start at 234. I weighed in at 235 today and 234 yesterday, but I know the 1lb gain is from water retention...I ate a lot of sodium yesterday.

yoyomama: I went back on strict induction after a couple of months eating higher carb foods like whole wheat tortillas and some off-plan sweetener like aspartame. I went back on strict Induction (plus nuts) last week and have seen great results. I never exercise even though I know I should, and I have still been losing consistently. I'd say try it if you're not happy with your results, but at such a low weight your 1lb per week is still a great loss.

sandyfanny 01-22-2011 02:36 PM

New Scales...Yikes!

I've had inaccurate scales drama for several weeks...yesterday I weighed on the wrestling team's fancy electronic scales...not good!

I weighed 200 yesterday afternoon. No bueno. I refuse to believe I've gained a gazillion pounds. I think I just haven't known how much I weighed for a while...thank you, doctor's office scales.

So, I've lost no weight, I guess. Who knows? Anyway, I'm correcting my ticker and readjusting my challenge weight and goal. :mad:

Linsy 01-22-2011 02:44 PM

Sandy, I know you said before that you don't want a scale at home, but I'd really suggest just running down to Target and grabbing a cheap electronic scale just so you know that you're losing consistently. You could always go buy one and then weigh and return it...:lol: just kidding!

But really...you'll feel much better if you knew you were being consistent!

islandchick1 01-22-2011 03:39 PM

Hi Ladies!
Weighing in today at 210. I'm kinda feeling fat as all get out due to TOM :(
Anyways I know it will pass. Hopefully I'll get a nice swoosh afterwards.
SW 270
CW 210
VGW 199
GW 130

sandyfanny 01-22-2011 04:18 PM

Thanks, Linsy, but there is no running down to Target...I live at least 45 miles from the nearest Target, and we're all up in a winter storm...snow, sleet, no driving for me. It started about 10 this morning and stopped maybe half an hour ago. Nasty weather! Nothing nearby except Walmart, home of last week's totally defective scales.

You're right, though. I probably need a scale that I trust. It is frustrating and makes me feel uncertain about what I'm eating and what's working when I'm not sure whether I gained, lost or maintained. I'm just aggravated!

BrenM 01-23-2011 07:44 AM

I haven't achieved any of my goals (blew it a little yesterday). And I haven't lost anymore weight, I gained a pound so I'm up to 189 again. Still it's a start, and I feel better than before. Time to get back on track though:) Oh, and have decided not to give up soda, but need to work on cutting back on it (or I'll never get any water drank).

kuffgirl 01-24-2011 01:56 PM

I'm still the same at 197.

kuffgirl 01-24-2011 01:57 PM

well i guess i gained a pound because i was 196 last week, bummer!

sandyfanny 01-24-2011 04:14 PM

Some of us had a rough week! I weighed again this morning on the wrestling team's scales, same weight 200. Let's make this a good weigh-in this week...we only have three more weeks - where did the time go???!!!

I'm thinking I won't make that 14 pounds, but maybe I could make 10? I'm not very happy with myself...feeling a little disappointed in myself - maybe a lot disappointed in myself.

We have a weigh-in on the 29th, the 6th and the 13th, 14th, or 15th, depending on which day you weigh. I'll have to weigh in on Saturday (and I know I do it again on the 15th) 'cause I don't have access to the team scales on Saturday.

WE CAN DO IT! DON'T GIVE UP!

islandchick1 01-24-2011 05:47 PM

Don't give up or feel discouraged friends! The way I see it is ANY weight lost by our mini goal date of 2-14-11 is a WIN for us. Hang in there everyone. We only fail if we fail to keep trying. :)

sandyfanny 01-24-2011 07:31 PM

Thank you, Islandchick, for that much-needed boost! You're totally right - any weight loss is a victory. Not giving up is an even bigger victory.

Okay, Atkin's Sweeties, LET'S LOVE OURSELVES and STAY ON PLAN!

Linsy 01-24-2011 09:21 PM

I'm getting sick, and when I'm sick, I always want things like tea, soup, gatorade, and 7-up...pretty much standard "sick" foods. I found some Arizona iced tea drink mix packets in my drawer...I decided on a whim to check the label and they're sweetened with sucralose instead of Aspartame, which means they're legal and might not stall me if I use them sparingly. Score! I plan on taking advantage of them the next few days when all I'll probably want is broth and liquid (my whole family says this is one of the worst sicknesses they've ever had, and I caught it from them. I'm fully prepared to feel like death tomorrow).

The only thing about these packets is that they contain honey and ginseng, but it's marked that those ingredients contribute a "dietary insignificant amount of sugar" so I'm going to trust it. It's pretty much just instant green tea with ginseng.

I realized today that if I lose at a steady 2lb per week, I'll be in Onederland by summertime and maybe get enough confidence to wear short sleeves or knee-length skirts/sandals/heels. That would be amazing. I'm always the girl wearing quarter-length sleeves and jeans or capris in the middle of July California heat. :( Getting to 199 by July is my first long-term goal, and I'm going to stay on strict Induction+nuts until then.

The only splurge I'll be having is for my birthday--I plan on having an on-plan meal but allowing myself more carbs so I can have a good portion of a homemade low-carb sugar-free carrot cake. Carrot cake is my favorite and has been my birthday staple for years so I'm glad I can still enjoy a low carb version this year.

Have a great week everyone!

MaryOjo 01-25-2011 05:05 AM

Starting weight as @ Jan 3rd: 167.5
Weight as @ Jan 10: 166
Weight as @ Jan 13: 163.8
Weight as @ Jan 25: 167:( (Was on vacation and couldn't get healthy meals, hope to loose the weight ASAP)
Valentine's Day Target: 153.5
Pounds Lost: 0.5
Pounds to Go: 13.5

sandyfanny 01-25-2011 06:02 AM

Hope the plague doesn't treat you too badly, Linsy. I'm glad you found something you feel you can drink without stalling. Feel better.