3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   LOVE MYSELF Valentines Day Challenge? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/220524-love-myself-valentines-day-challenge.html)

MaryOjo 12-31-2010 04:22 AM

I'm in, 14pounds off sounds exciting! I'll weigh in on mondays.

sandyfanny 12-31-2010 07:30 AM

Welcome, New Challenge Buddies!

:val1: Welcome, Adhwright and MaryOjo! The more the merrier on our challenge...we can fight the short, gray days of winter with friends on our board and look forward to being healthier, thinner and happier in 2011.

Please post often. The best ideas and information come from Atkins chicks. WE CAN DO IT!

:dust:

Zumbachica 12-31-2010 05:59 PM

Count me in. I"m new to the forum. Would like to lose ten by Valentine's Day.

abluvion 12-31-2010 06:57 PM

Finally got my hands on the book today - started reading and can't put it down! I knew I liked this guy :lol: He describes me to a T when it comes to carb sensitivity and reactions to sugar. Going to get at least through the chapter(s?) on induction before I begin on the 2nd.

So I have 2 days of menus put into FitDay so far, and will build a few more days before my official start date. That way I have a number of solid days I know what I am eating and what the carbs are.

We just got back from grocery shopping. We went to BJ's and spent an unholy amount of money..... but we have SO much Atkins-friendly food now. The freezer is PACKED with meats. THe fridge is full of cheese, eggs, cream, legal bacon, legal sausage... Now we just have to go to the normal grocery store and buy all my vegetables. My boyfriend is excited that I am following Atkins because he feels he's about to start eating *really* well! :p

Well off to read a little more..... Happy new year everybody!!

sandyfanny 01-01-2011 08:34 AM

Welcome!

Welcome, Zumbachica! We're glad to have you with us on our challenge...You can lose those ten pounds for sure. We're weighing in today (and tomorrow and Monday), posting our starting weight and working Atkins!

Abluvion, congratulations on your weight loss. Your boyfriend is right; he's going to be eating better than he's probably eaten in his life. Good work getting ready for the challenge. :)

Zumbachica 01-01-2011 11:02 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I was a little nervous about posting here. Not sure if I can post a signature yet because i haven't been a member that long but I will weigh in.

sandyfanny 01-01-2011 12:53 PM

Zumbachica, here's a link that answers your signature question. I think you can create your signature and use an avatar now:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/freq...signature.html

When you've been a member 20 days and have 20 posts, you can add a ticker to track your progress. Hope this is helpful.

sandyfanny 01-01-2011 01:01 PM

I have to move my ticker when I have time; I weighed yesterday at my doctor's office...apparently, I'm up two pounds. His scales are inaccurate (I have to do something about finding one that's right), but if it's the same inaccurate as last week, I'm up two pounds for sure.

I haven't been strictly Atkins for the past two weeks. I guess my holiday eating has caught up with me! Yikes. I'm lucky it's not worse...I hope it's finished catching up.

Linsy 01-01-2011 08:22 PM

My official starting weight is 245. I've been this weight for a good week so I'm guessing that's where my body is right now.

sandyfanny 01-01-2011 09:47 PM

No worries, Linsy. We're going to do this thing!

fatmad 01-01-2011 10:03 PM

Well, I stayed on plan all day and went for a 30 minute brisk walk. Way to start!

sandyfanny 01-01-2011 10:22 PM

A great start, Fatmad. I had a good day too. Bacon and scrambled eggs for brunch, coffee with cream. Dinner at Macaroni Grill: chicken spiedini - grilled on skewers with lemon and olive oil and a side of grilled veggies. Green mixed salad with peppercorn ranch dressing. Diet coke. Low-carb cheesecake muffin with sugar-free raspberry jam and whipped cream.

A very satisfying day. Atkins chicks eat well!

I also raked leaves, swept and raked my decks, swept the screened porch, and raked my driveway clear of leaves, planted some spring bulbs, and potted up an amaryllis, and then went into Wilmington with a friend and shopped before and after dinner. I couldn't have done the yard work at 246; I didn't have the energy or stamina. It's getting better.

yoyoma 01-02-2011 09:23 AM

I'm in for a challenge, but my challenge will be to follow Atkins, starting with induction and to exercise regularly. I can't predict what sort of weight loss will result, but I've got my fingers crossed.

sandyfanny 01-02-2011 09:28 AM

Welcome, Yoyoma! Staying on Induction is a challenge in itself, for sure.

abluvion 01-02-2011 01:47 PM

We have some unexpected house guests today and today was supposed to be my day to focus on ME and start Induction. Guess what? I'm not letting the extra people stop me. Today is Day 1. So far I feel okay though I had some detox-like shakes earlier before I had my 2nd meal. Had some asparagus and an ounce of cheese to get some carbs in, feel better after that.

The only thing the houseguests derailed is that I don't have a starting weight, as I did not get a chance to weigh myself before eating. So I guess tomorrow I will have to get my start weight. I know I was 208 the other day (my ticker is way wrong). I also wanted to take Day 1 start pics but the guests were sleeping in the room with the camera, so pics will be tomorrow too.

Am boiling some eggs to have on hand this week, and am having steak for dinner. So far, so good!