Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default Happy Thanksgiving

THe pumpkin cheesecake recipe was lovely, and everyone enjoyed it. There was too much food, but at least we went to my DDs place, so it is not all sitting in my refrigerator and tempting me to eat the 2 kinds of potatoes etc.
Managed to stick to my plan, which was to stick to plan generally, (although I did overeat) and have beets as a treat, and also a small glass of wine. Blood sugars were fine, although the fasting one this morning was up a bit, no doubt due to general overeating.
DId indulge in a taste (yes, really just a taste) of a homemade apple pie, I have to say, it was really too sweet. I never thought I would say that, but actually, I found it too sweet. The cheesecake was just right for sweetness, was dessert-y, but not sugary.
We all went for a nice walk after supper and before dessert and games, and had a lovely time. The weather here in s ontario has been fantastic, so going out for a walk was quite enjoyable.
So for all the Canadians, whether you enjoyed a family dinner today or yesterday, happy Thanksgiving, and to our American friends, hope yours will be as nice.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Happy Thanksgiving!

The only thing induction friendly was the turkey at my dinner. I ate everything else in extreme moderation, so that's the only real cheat. A small spoonful of potatoes is the worst of it.

It was nice, I spent quality time with my cousins, the 6 year old told me he wanted to cut of Justin Biebers arm because he hated him, haha. They are funny when they are young. I was explaining my friend had a c section, and the older one said 'yuck, it's better than coming out the other way!' and the little one said that he would like to give birth by throwing up haha.

Ahh... family.

I'm glad yours was good, that walk sounded nice!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #3  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Glad you two had a marvelous Thanksgiving
Sounds like you handled it well
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

NO little people at my family dinners yet, tho DD and her partner are talking marriage and babies, but I will likely have to wait a couple of years, which is fine with me. I want to be 50 before the grandkids start coming. LOL
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote