Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 AM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default If I've already broken my carb addiction is there any benefit to going on induction?

I've come this far with calorie counting and most recently carb counting without following a specific plan. Just whole foods and avoiding carbs- except veggies and occassionally an apple. I have an event coming up at the beginning of next month and I'd really like to get things going quickly again.

Would going on induction be of any benefit to me? I have no problem doing it but I haven't been eating *THAT* high fat and I would hate it to have the opposite effect of what I'm after, since I'm already off carbs kwim?

What do you think?
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I think induction can rev up your fat loss and get your metabolism going well. Then you can switch to owl and up your carbs a bit with the healthy carbs you have gotten used to, just find the point where you are still losing. But yes, induction can do good things for you.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #3  
I can do anything!

Thanks! I'm really thinking of giving it a try. I'm nervous but I'm anxious to get closer to goal before my honey comes home . Plus, I think it'll be easier to maintain long term, with him home, than what I'm doing now. It's easy for me to eat the same thing every day without thinking about it now... but feeding a husband will require some planning and I refuse to make two meals . He'll eat what I eat and if he has to have a roll with it, then so be it!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Induction is good for getting things going, I'm going back to it today because I can't lose weight on OWL it seems.

I started out with calorie counting and only have a bit more to lose and carb counting has helped me kick start the weight loss again.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:20 AM   #5  
I can do anything!

Ok thanks! I'm so nervous because it's down to the wire and I can't afford to GAIN weight. I'm ok if I maintain but I realize that my calorie count has been fairly low the last couple weeks. Stress, kids, work etc... I know it's not great but I want to fix the situation without doing more damage! Is it possible to gain on induction if my calorie level had been very low previously? I know I need to be eating more but I'm terrified at this point.