Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 04:23 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Pointer Sistas Challenge: Week Three

A great challenge idea that came from Angie. So far it's been a hit and so we'll continue on each week, Mondays being the starting point.

Here is what it's all about:

The rules are simple... you get to earn 4 points per day, that is a total of 28 points per week. If you get 25 points or more, give yourself a reward. It doesn't have to be big, a new lipstick, pocket book, a pedicure, or time for you, just you.

You can earn 1 point for drinking all your water, 1 point for eating clean, 1 point for your workout, and 1 point for doing what ever you forget or avoid. ie: taking your vitamins, or tracking all your food intake...this is something you can decide.

At the end of the week tally up your points. Make this fun, and remember you do deserve a reward...
Old 05-29-2006, 11:31 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Yay for new beginnings.

I have a whole new attitude and pray it will stay with me for more than 24 hours, lol.

We can do this, ladies!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #3  
ugggg.....

Day 1--have taken my vitamins and got a good start on the water--gym is closed but took a hike on our hilly property with the dogs--got my heart rate up as the dogs kind of walk me instead of me walking them.

I am bound and detemined to get all my points this week---I am going to get a lined journal at Walden Books--already saw the one I want--I am putting down my food journal w/calories, water and exercise and just journal a little about what I am feeling.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Great idea, Julie, to include how you're feeling, too.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #5  

I'm determined to get in all my points this week too!! Frustrating since this is so simple!
  • exercise: 1
  • vitamins: 1
  • water:1
  • veggie/fruit:1

I will report later on tonight how I did today.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Got a total of 24 pts for last week...so close, yet so far away. I was doing good until V went to get an ice cream and I gave in. This week will definitely be at least a 25 point week! Tomorrow I will try to eat right but won't be OP because we are taking Josh out to dinner. Sticking with the same thing...

vitamins, exercise, water and food (op)

So far today I have taken my v's, I have actually drank all 4 bottles of water (just finished off #4) and I did a three mile walk! WOOHOO Feeling pretty good about that. I am going to work harder this week to get some weight off. Still no loss this week. Well...went from 202.4 to 202.2. Anyway, not dwelling on it...just moving forward.

Still don't have a reward in mind. Thinking since this is a small goal I should stick with a small reward but not sure what. I will come up with something tomorrow for sure.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hey I'm doing great so far today. I feel certain I'll get all my points for water, OP, exercise, and a vitamin. Those 4 things will be my challenges every week unless I have a reason to change them.

I used to weigh in on Saturdays and like that best, so I'm going to do that again. But I'll be checking in here daily, and adding up my points with the rest of you, ok?

I'm still torn if I should get a treadmill, or make do with the gazelle. With either one, I will still do my upper body strength exercises on the in-between days.

Toodles,
Old 05-29-2006, 11:06 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

This was a Holiday, right? I guess I took the day off on my eating. Not that I set out to do that, it just worked that way. I did get my liquids, walk and exercise. Just missed on the OP. That will be my challenge again this week.
I walked at 8:30 tonight and it was still hot outside. So humid!

News flash..I did WI and lost 2 pounds this week. SO, I know the added 15 minutes a day of exercise..the days I actually did it, helped. Plus the days I was just working and sweating didn't hurt. I will just have to try to get back on track this week. I am liking how I feel.

Total today 3 points.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:27 AM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I needed to drink more water,,,so I will say I got 3 points in. I did do a small walk around the building during my break.
Monday =3
Old 05-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

I got all 4 for yesterday.

Funny thing happened - I was walking away on the Gazelle, and the left side fell apart. It scared the bejeebers outta me! It's amazing that I didn't fall and get hurt, lol. A bolt had worked it's way out, and Neal fixed it with no problem. But Marti, and anyone else with a Gazelle - tighten those bolts!!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Glad you didn't get hurt Jane! And WTG on the 4 pt day! Hey, do you still have your WATP videos? Maybe you can just keep the gazelle and get your walking in that way.

Sue...WTG on the 2 pounds!

Yesterday (Monday) was a 4 pt day Now today is a whole nuther story, lol! Okay, did get my vitamins taken, went for my walk and am on bottle #3 of my water. Not even bothering with watching the eating today. Not going to go overboard but we will be eating out so...going to add another bottle of water a day, or at least try. Some days I get 5 but I always just aim for the 4 anything more is a bonus. And Jane you read my mind...I too am changing my WI to Saturday. I did that for a while but then went to Monday...just thinking Saturday is a better day for me. Onward...
Old 05-30-2006, 01:23 PM   #12  

Got my 4pts yesterday!!!

Great start for me....lets see if I can continue on like this!

Jane, I will look over my gazelle before I get on it!! Glad you didn't hurt yourself!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

Day 1--all 4 points

Day 2-- looking good for all 4 again!!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:25 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

3 points again today..I am having trouble with eating as usual. Darn it! I did so good last week. I walked at 8:30 again tonight...whew, was it hot and humid.

Total= 6
Old 05-30-2006, 11:51 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

4 for me again today.

8 subtotal

And I've got tomorrow's food all planned and journaled.
Closed Thread