Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-18-2006, 10:24 PM   #1  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Default Lifting Abroad

Hey everyone! I have a question. I'm going to Germany in a few weeks for a three week homestay/tour. I've been looking at options for staying in shape while I travel, and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I've thought about Aquabells, but they're a little spendy. I saw in Wal Mart one of those elastic band thingies but I'm not sure how good those are because I've never used one. I even considered bringing a couple of large plastic bottles and filling them up with water when I get there, but they're a little awkward.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! I'm really hoping I'll have access to a gym at the school we'll be attending there, but I'm not sure. I've already told my host family that I'm vegetarian (with the exception of fish), which isn't entirely true but I don't want them being offended when I don't eat their bratwurst, lol.

Thanks again <3
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #2  

I travel with resistance bands, I have a heavy medium and light as well as doing a lot of walking and lots of water. The bands are small, compact and I can get a pretty good workout in minimal space. The food is trickier. Have a great time.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #3  
Mel

I travel with resistance bands, too. They are usually packaged with a sheet of exercise instructions. You can get a pretty good workout between the bands and body weight exercises.

Have fun!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

The Germans are a very health-conscience nation so if the school won't let you use the gym then almost certainly there will be one in the town where you are staying. Perhaps you could mention your need for gym facilities to whoever is co-ordinating your home stay and possibily they'll be able to arrange something for you - or give you advice on local facilities.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote