Old 10-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~October 16~~

Good morning!

OK, back now. Little guy needed me just as I started the thread. For some reason I woke up early this morning (probably 'cause DH had to get up early for drill) so I decided to go ahead and get up at 6. Now I'm SOOOO tired. I've made breakfast, done one load of laundry, some paperwork for the MOMS Club and cleaned up the playroom. Whew. I could use a nap.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I had a busy and productive day yesterday...yay!! I sanded and primed my mom's master bath, finally got the boys outside to play a bit, inbetween rain threats, and went shopping last night BY MYSELF!! Got a really nice new interview suit at August Max. I don't usually shop there, because it's soo expensive, but I decided to walk through...taking advantage of my time alone! They had a whole wall of classic suits, so I tried on a jacket, pants and skirt. The pants didn't fit right, and they were that lower rise style...which I hate...so I tried on the skirt...looks awesome on. I got navy blue, soo sick of black. Now I just need a new blouse. I tried it on with a lime green blouse they had there, which looked awesome with the blue, but not appropriate for an interview, and I wasn't gonna pay $40 for a blouse! The suit totalled $150, but was on sale and came to 104.98! I'm soo happy about that!

Off to put the first coat on mom's bathroom now...have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:16 AM   #3  
hara hachi bu

Wow, that's a great price for a suit! Lime green and navy ... interesting combo! If lime green didn't make my skin look like a nuclear waste site, I'd try it out.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
If lime green didn't make my skin look like a nuclear waste site, I'd try it out.
I love that comment I agree, that's how it makes me look too. Of course I have the blond hair, blue eyes, and Irish 'peaches and cream" complextion.

Well I have not made much improvements on homework, so I think I will get back to work.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:04 PM   #5  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Morning all. Hope everyone is have a good day so far. I have to say even though it's rainy out again I'm doing very well. Today was my WI Day. I've lost 2 more pounds. Woo hoo. What a way to start out my birthday. I can't believe it. The good thing is I am not having any cake either so that is good. Maybe might treat myself to a small helping of ice cream. I am amazed at my progess. I couldn't did it without your help and support. You all give me great motivation to get things done. Thanks everyone.

Rabbit: Good to hear that your temper hasn't changed. Not sure if it happens with everyone that takes steroids or not. How long do you have to take it? I hope things get better soon. Oh gotta ask. I looked at your food journal and I was just wondering how are the Boca burgers. I have thought about trying them but have always been a bit afraid to.

Lisa: Sounds like you have a lot going on school wise. I don't think I could handle it. I would stress eat too much. Keep up the good work. It'll be Christmas before you know it.

Chaarli: Just keep up the good work. I am finding journaling what I eat and my exercises really helps me. It's good to see what I am putting into my body. I can see if I am eating too much or not enough. Then again if I put it on my plate I can see if it is too much. But it really does help. Keep working hard. You can do it.

Karen:Sounds like you have gotten alot done already today. You are a busy little bee.

Lauren: Sounds like you got a good deal on that suit. I hate the idea of going clothes shopping. I don't think I like anything on me. Yuck. Glad to hear it looks awesome.

Well, I am off to play with DD and catch up on some email. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:37 PM   #6  

hello all. DH & I worked at the church chicken dinner today and it went well. I did not get one of my brownies as I think they were all gone. I brought another one home - we'll see if it is worth the points!

My legs are sore from the hike yesterday! We have not done that hike in awhile and I guess maybe we should have only done part of it. Oh well!

Lisa - those 217 days will be gone before you know it and you will have a huge success behind you and be so proud of yourself for doing it!

Chaari - I like the fact that you have a Christmas challenge.

Lauren - congrats on the new interview suit. ~ What color did you paint the bathroom?

Annie - hooray for the loss! ~ Is today your birthday? Happy Birthday! ~ I have about another week left on my prescription. I see the doctor again on Thursday. I can tell I'm not ready to go back to tennis yet - I have problems gripping and squeezing. ~ I was rather in a rut this past week on my journal! I like the Flame Grilled American Boca Burgers. I believe that is what they are called. They are best when I put a nice slice of tomato & onion on them! My DS says that Morningstar Farms Grillers are really good. I haven't been able to find the ones he recommended. I cannot just eat that for lunch though - I guess I am a volume eater. I like to have soup or salad also.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:27 PM   #7  

Thanks for all the encouragement about school. When you are in the midst of the trials, it is hard to see. As a matter of fact, I have a final due tommorrow that is supposed to be eight pages and I am on page five. I don't think that I will make it. I still have other homework due tommorrow to do. I will be so glad when this class is over. (Thank God that's Monday night)

I have not really weighed myself, I have been burried in my office at home doing homework, but I plan on weighing myself on Saturdays again starting this week.

Oh well, time to finish this final and start my art homework.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:55 AM   #8  
LBH

WooHoo, I lost .2! Hey, every little bit counts!

Lisa, I don't know ho9w you do it, but hang in there girl!

Crap, I'll be back...
Old 10-17-2005, 02:33 PM   #9  

Lauren, thanks for the encouragement!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all...been ok on my diet..FOrgot to weigh in on Sunday..K fell out of her swing set "fort" about 4 feet on her head so I had a stressful Saturday..She is fine..just a bad bruise that sticks out that blonde hair...I am not blaming SD#2 again cuz she is not mentally able to determine things but she was right up there with her and she did make her fracture that collar bone recently...I swear if there was any apartment to rent within 100 miles I would be gone!!!! (hurricane people still here renting anything available)
Of course, now Wilma is churning heading for the Gulf of Mexico..

Congrats Lauren--a loss is a loss!!!

Lisa--If U are reading this:GET BACK TO THE ART HOMEWORK!!!!

Rabbit--Hope UR better ..U did great to resist the brownies!!!

Ok..off to the baths!!! Hello to All!! Karen--that boy is growing!!!
Take care!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:06 PM   #11  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Hey y'all... remember me? Sorry I've been MIA for the last week - things have been pretty busy with my parents move and our sick little furkid ... thank goodness things seem to finally be getting back to normal!

My weigh day was on Saturday ... I was down 4 lbs for the week! YaY!

Having my DH put the scales up and out of reach worked fine last week ... but, well... they're still out this week. I know it's bad and I shouldn't weigh everyday - but right now it's a motivation tool for me ... so to be perfectly honest I'm not sure if I'm going to have him 'take them away' again or not.

LBH :: Sounds like you had a nice day shopping! I bet the suite looks really nice on ya too! So, you're in the market for a new job? What line of work are you in?
Congrats on the .2 ... you're so right, EVERY little bit does count!!

Annie :: YaY - congrats on your loss this week! ^5 to ya girl!! Keep up the good work and you'll reach that Christmas goal in no time! ...btw - love the ticker you made - too cute!

Rabbit :: Brownie ... boy, does that sound yummy! Glad you & your DH had a nice hike this weekend ... how are the legs? Still sore?

RR :: {{{ Hugs for K }}} hope her 'ouchie' is better soon!

... Well, I have to run - my dinner is ready! Be back in a bit to finish checking in!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

Let's try this again!

Stayce, Glad to see you back! Hope things are settling down for you. Congrats on the BIG loss! Hope furkid is better! I'm an admin, so pretty much any field. Would love to get back into s/w testing though.

RR, Ugh, sorry about the fall, I hope it was just an innocent fall. Did you have to go to the ER and have a CT scan? God, I remember how stressful that is!

Rabbit, It's by Benjamin Moore and it's called Peaceful Jade. I think it looks like a light mossy green, or light sage green. Kind of has a little gray in it. The color above it on the card is called Zenful and I want to do my LR in that color.

Annie, Congrats on the loss!

Phan, It wasn't really lime green, that does sound bad! I guess kind of like...hmm...I don't know, I guess lime is right. But it's just not as bad as it sounds. Anyway, I'm in the market for a white blouse!

Robby had his 9 mo. appt. today. I forgot to write it down, but from memory I think he was 23.6 lbs (90th), and 32"(95th+)! He's running a little bigger than Peter was at that age. Had a flu shot, so he's hanging on my leg screaming right now...guess I better go!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:22 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi everyone,

It's been a rough day here. The boy woke me up at 3 and I couldn't settle back down. I finally got up at 4 and have been up ever since. I'm probably going to crash soon! I'm beginning to feel a little drunk! DH wanted Thai for dinner tonight and I didn't fight him. So I probably had a weeks worth of carbs for dinner. BAD dieter, BAD dieter. (Hides head in shame!)

Rabbit: Cool on resisting the brownies and cookies. I hope the legs are feeling better (along with the arm!).

Annie: Congrats on the loss.

Lisa: Get off the chicks and get back to homework! There, was that mean enough? LOL. Really tho, you need a break every now and then.

Stayce: Great loss! If you can handle the ups and downs, weigh every day. Do whatever it takes to get you to stay on program.

RR: Sorry to hear about the fall. Yikes. It sounds very scary. I'm glad to hear that she is OK. Is there any way you can get some respite care just so you and Kayleigh can get a break?

Lauren: Those colors sound so nice. I'd love to paint my living room but DH won't hear about doing it ourselves and we can't afford to get it done.

OK, hope I didn't forget anybody!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #14  

hello all. I had internet issues yesterday and could not check in. So today I have updated my journal.

Thanks everyone for the praise on avoiding the brownie, but I brought it home and ate it later. Couldn't believe it when I looked it up and found out a brownie is 5 points!

Lauren - congrats on the loss. ~ That sounds like a great color. I like Benjamin Moore paints. I recently painted a bathroom orange and have 2 bedrooms I want to paint next. One of them will be a kind of sage ; blue-green-gray.

RR - glad the little one is okay. It is so scarey when they get hurt.

Stacey - congrats on the loss! 44 lbs - that is awesome. ~ Legs are better now!

Karen - hope you got some good sleep last night.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #15  
hara hachi bu

Congrats to everyone on the loss!!! I lost 1¾ lbs this week.

Rabbit - I'm not sure where in the midwest you are, but man, it's sure gorgeous in Minnesota right now. Just breath-taking, albeit brief. I bet your hike was wonderful. And even if you ate the brownie later, you at least put off the immediate gratification a few hours. It's a start, right?

LBH - I bet the lime green looks cool with it! If it didn't match quite perfectly, a nice green/blue scarf would probably pull it together.

Lisa - Art homework sounds *fun*! Actually, any homework sounds fun. I miss school.

Annie - Happy belated birthday! Did you do anything special, besides get skinnier?

Well, DS quite unexpectedly moved home, and I'm perfectly happy with that. Let's just say he now has a safe and emotionally stable environment in which to complete 10th grade. The commute will stink for the next two weeks, but after the quarter is over he will transfer back to his old high school. This week has been emotionally taxing and very, very stressful. DS's dad isn't happy with DS moving home, but he has never been a happy man so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I spent the last week making my home teen-friendly (i.e., cleaning off his study desk, restocking the refrigerator, no longer hang-drying my intimates in the living room ).

In the midst of the crazy-crazy week last week, I found out that I got the job! I'll be able to ride the bus downtown (YAY for public transportation), and I will get about a 10% pay increase and a better title.

Oh, my my. So much change, and all of it good, for the most part.

Last edited by phantastica; 10-18-2005 at 05:58 PM.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote