South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #1  

Default Anyone else not following to the letter?

I did Atkins about a year ago, and lost about 10 lbs in 2 weeks...but I did find it way too restrictive..and the Atkins low carb food really wasn't very tasty! So far I LOVE SB, it is easy to stick to, and I have liked everything I have cooked so far. However, I am finding that I am doing a bit of both. I am doing SB 90% of the time, and Atkins about 10. I find it hard to do breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack- easy during the week, impossible on the weekends. So on the weekends I just kind of eat whenever I get hungry, and although it is always low carb, it is sometimes not low fat. (for example, just had two hamburger patties with cheese and pickles- not low fat, but REALLY yummy- for dinner).
Am I completely sabotaging myself by doing this? I am on day 10 of Phase 1, and at last weigh in (Thursday am) I had lost 4 lbs. I am not weighing myself more than once a week, as the scale is NOT my friend.

I am pretty happy with the way things are going, but am I sabotaging myself? Thanks for your input...
Old 08-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #2  

Hi TSI, everyone is different.. I had 2 hamburger patties with Carboption ketchup and pickles for dinner myself.. I do try to use reduced fat cheeses though. I love red meat and eat it regularly, and I havent really had a major setback because of it. See how you feel, see if the scale stalls, see if you can switch to reduced fat items.. I personally cant tell the diff with cream cheese or chedder.. Feta on the other hand, I eat the full fat version.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #3  

Hi girl! I've done the the full SBD and lost tons of weight (12lbs in the first two weeks). But I fell off and gained it all back. This time I'm still doing SBD, but doing it my way and I've lost 9lbs over the last two months. Slow but steady and with portion control. Talk to Miss Ruth, the SBD guru and she'll put you on the right path.

Kel
Old 08-06-2005, 11:36 PM   #4  

For me I find it best to stick to one plan and concentrate or I am bad. Good luck though!!
Old 08-07-2005, 12:28 AM   #5  

I'm in week 2 of phase 1. I sometimes cheat a little and say "I can eat this if I was on W.W. and counting points". I know that's probably not right. I lost 10 lbs. last week and was very strict. I will see what the scale tells me on Monday because I have been cheating a little bit. I think that whatever works for you if you're still losing weight is the way to go. Good luck!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:27 AM   #6  

Personally, low fat is important to me because I have had problems with cholesterol. You may be okay eating higher fat on the weekends but you should really try hard to still get your vegetables in. When I get my two cups of vegetables with dinner, then I know I would not be able to eat two hamburger patties.

Do I eat differently on the weekends? Yes, I often don't eat my snacks but I still try to eat healthy meals with lots of veggies.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:55 PM   #7  
Slow and Steady...

I had to follow the SB Diet to the letter during the first two weeks! I knew that if I cheated once, I would open the door to doing it again (and again and again).

I agree that you have to wait and see what the scale tells you, but if you are conscious of the food you are eating (right fats, right carbs, low fat cheese, etc.) you should still see progress. If you don't see as much progress as you would like, then watch things more closely.

Schatzi's right! Everyone is different, and if you don't do the experiment, you won't know the outcome!

Good Luck!

Barb
Old 08-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, if we cheat, we are not allowed to whine about slow or stalled weightloss, OK?
Closed Thread