Old 02-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default The Flat Belly Diet

Is anyone else on this or thinking of going on it? Here's a link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/Flat-Belly-Die.../dp/1594868514
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #2  

Here's a little more background on me and why I'm loving this plan.

If you have been following me at all on these boards, you know I've been trying to find a good plan for about two years, since after my second baby was born. I've done WW, Bob Greene's plan, my own plan, pulled out my Richard Simmons Food Mover from the 90's, tried Alli, and got into Intuitive Eating/Paul McKenna. I had a bit of a breakdown last week over my fat pants being too tight, and ended up seeing this book in the store. I just sort of glanced through it and realized that it was do-able for me, so I got it.

I have spent a LOT of time in the past week shopping for the foods, planning my meals, etc. But I finally committed to something and I feel like I can maintain this in the long term. I started on the plan on Saturday (yes, SATURDAY, not Monday!) and I feel SO much better about myself already. It was that easy.

The plan sounds gimmicky but I assure you, it is not. I'm not even really wanting to get a flat belly per se, I just needed a weightloss plan that I could stick to. It starts out a little sketchy: you go on a four day anti-bloat plan. This involves eating about 1200 calories a day, drinking a lot of water, and avoiding salt. Pretty bland, but it was amazing in terms of setting me up for the real deal. By the end of the four days I was SO excited to start the real plan and I was in fact feeling less bloated. That's what I need to stick with a plan, a quick difference up-front.

The real plan involves eating four 400 calorie meals a day, each of which should include a MUFA (mono-unsaturated fat). These are things like dark chocolate, avacados, nuts, EVOO, etc. So it really is about moderation in the end, but with some really good stuff mixed into the plan. The book includes journaling space for 28 days, and suggests following the meals as described in the book for the 28 days. After that time you should kind of be in the habit of eating like that and not need to follow the meals to the letter necessarily. I can easily see maintaining this sort of diet indefinitely.

I'm also excited about exercising! Exercise is encouraged and there is a plan to follow, but it's not required. I feel so good about the diet though, that I am encouraged to workout more so I can achieve better results.

So anyone else interested? I'd love to chat! I can't say how much weight I have lost so far since I am deathly afraid of scales right now, and that is only a slight exaggeration. BUT I can tell you that waistbands are in fact looser already, after only six days.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I'm not, but you should check to see if they have it at your library! It's at mine :-)
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I found this link on the prevention website:
http://www.prevention.com/cda/catego...lat.belly.diet

I was just perusing it. Only thing I am surprised about is that they don't limit dairy since dairy is something that'll bloat you.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillnicole03 View Post
I'm not, but you should check to see if they have it at your library! It's at mine :-)
Thanks, I already have the book!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #6  

I tried it - and found the food good, and lost weight - but in the end the 4 equal caloric meals a day simply did not work for me. If it works for you, then that's great!

I have happily incorporated some of their food ideas into my life, so I'm very glad that I tried it!
rkyroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/175/155

Height: 5'5"

I bought the book yesterday. Im going shopping today to prepare for the 4 day anti bloat.
bikini bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #8  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

I have incorporated many of the principles into my plan. It seems to work well for me.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/185/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm not on the FBD, but for those that are interested in this diet...a FBD kit is available on QVC. I just happened to see it when watching a couple of days ago. It should be easy to find it if you go to the site and do a search for Flat Belly Diet.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 184.4/169.2/140

Height: 5'3"

There's lots of information at the Prevention website (being new I can't post links-sorry).

I've bought the book and will start on Monday. I'll probably be choking down the sassy water though...I'm one of those rare individuals that loves water without any taste - lol!!
stratcat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #11  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

I saw some good results in the prevention book. It actually showed how much visceral fat people lost! It was amazing. Viseral fat is the kind that is on the insides, surrounding organs. This kind of fat is deadly and MUFA's really do bring it down. Good luck to all those starting!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/175/155

Height: 5'5"

just finished preparing my meals and sassy water for tomorrow. I thought I would feel overwhelmed but I actually enjoyed putting it all together.
bikini bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 184.4/169.2/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, breakfast went okay...except that Sassy Water - as expected I had to choke that down!!
stratcat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #14  

Yay, there are others!

Hey, don't kill yourself to drink the Sassy Water. Honestly, it's fine to just drink water. That's all I did for the last two days (well, I did put some lemon in sometimes since it's a diuretic). Hang in there for the 4 Day Anti-Bloat. It's rough but worth it!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I read some info. about this diet several months ago and added many of the good fats they suggested into my daily caloric count. It really helped my cravings stop--almost altogether actually.

I do not have the book but would sure like a copy. The four-day antibloat sounds really good. I wonder how often you could do the anti-bloat thing.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote