UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up Jumping Jackrabbits June Exercise Thread

Today was going to be a rest day, then I remembered I'd promised to go see a friend (well she rang me up about it, then I remembered!) and we usually go to an exercise class, so I'll be doing Body Pump tonight!

I was going to meet her after she'd been to the gym but I just found that I still have a gym card for that gym, so I might join her there before hand!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

Ooops veggie can you edit the thread title to "Jumping Jackrabbits June Exercise Thread" Please! I am a MUPPET! And I don't know if I can edit thread titles! Go SUPERMODERATOR!
Old 06-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #3  

I went to the gym at lunch!!!! I did bike, cross trainer and toning, and boy do I feel better after that I have missed my gym.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:57 PM   #4  
Away with the faeries....

Talking

Aaaagh exercise!!!

I went to the gym yesterday and will be going tommorow (sun, tues, thurs) but I cant say I really enjoy it - well I do afterwards (if that makes sense).

I am practising my poi's (2 chains with a ball on the end - which you can set on fire [if you have a death wish - im not that good yet] and swing them round, its originally a mari war thing, like martial art baton twirling...) nearly everyday so thats fab arm exercise. Unfortunately as I'm quite clumsy I'm covered in perfectly round bruises from hitting myself with them heh heh! But I'm not planning on showing myself off to the world just yet.

The one thing I never do is stretch properly - any one have any tips for me on simple stretches? I also tend to think its ok to cheat on gym days as I've worked it off but once im on the whole eating bad thing I dont tend to stop. La la la la such is life.

Yay! to all you busy exercisey people out there!!!!!!!!
Have a good June folks
Cat xxx

Last edited by Goth_Girl; 06-01-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Goth_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:16 PM   #5  

Being the world's worst mod I think I edited the wrong thing at first.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:21 PM   #6  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm back, and I'm exercising again.

Today 1.5km on the treadmill in 10 minutes, then 10 minutes on the rowing machine. Then back on the treadmill for 15 minutes of hills. I set it far higher than I usually do and found it really easy - I walked up lots of hills in Greece (more on that elsewhere when I get round to it).

Then at lunchtime I swam 1km (I've finally found out how big the pool is and therefore how many lengths I need to swim to hit the mark).
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:39 PM   #7  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, YP ! How was Greece ? When you were gone I read your whole blog from start to finish , and it inspired me to start one of my own. Glad you got back inspired to get back on the exercise bandwagon .

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #8  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Greece update on the chat thread. I'll have a look at your blog later hopefully when I've waded through all this lot!
Old 06-02-2005, 03:54 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

Goth Girl, I've bought pois..... I just have to get them out of the packet!

Is it easy? Do you just start twirling and away you go?

Exercise update: 20 mins on treadmill jog/walk then about 15 mins stretching then Body Pump! OUCH!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:58 PM   #10  
Away with the faeries....

Talking

2frustrated, Its simple enough as long as you dont try too much at once. I got both disheartened and very bruised by trying too hard to start with

Try somewhere like http://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons/poi_lessons.php/poi/1 (can I put in websites?) they have free lessons with moving animations. Once you get through the whacking yourself in the face phase (you do get through it I promise ) its really cool and looks amazing. Just play around and have fun doing it, I learnt with 2 tennis balls in 2 over the knee socks I'm very sure that my neighbours think I'm crazy! So you dont even need any expensive equipment.

I'm still a fair way off swinging fire so am going to attempt it once I've reached my target weight - woooo! As a big celebration - may even do it scantily clad!!! though may be a tad painful if I do it wrong.

Mmmmm I may have to rethink that one....
Have happy fun
Cat x

Exercise Today
50 minutes high cardio at the gym
30 minutes poi practice
Goth_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:06 PM   #11  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

45 minutes on the treadmill. 20 minutes running, 20 minutes on hills (walking) and 5 minutes cooldown.

5 minutes on the rower, then I swam 1000 metres.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good God Woman have you got a deathwish? Well Done
And to everyone else too Great Job!
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:40 PM   #13  

I wish I had access to a gym . Because I usally like to start work at 6am I don't have a chance to get to a gym before work, and then after work because there are no good gyms in grotty Great Yarmouth where I work I'd have to drive all the way to Norwich to get to a decent gym - which would be about 10 miles in the wrong direction...and 'cos I rarely leave work before 6pm it'd be about 9pm before I got home....I don't think Kim would be very happy with me...

So I make do with a combination of power walking, rebounding, taebo DVDs and cycling....none of which sound half as energising and exciting as the efforts of you gym-bunnies!

Yesterday I did a 65 minute power walk on the beach (walking in sand is good for the leg muscles but it wreaks havoc on the soles of your feet), and today I rebounded for 46 minutes to Green Day - I planned on doing an hour, but there was a doozy of a thunderstorm and we had a powercut - so I quit because I can't bounce without music...or at least that's my excuse !

Why don't we get the 24 hour gyms that they have in the States? I'm STILL sulking!

Janey
Old 06-03-2005, 06:00 PM   #14  

But we love our backwards little country really. It does my head in too, it takes so much effort for me to think about exercise and fitting it in with my shifts and public transport. I wish my gym opened earlier in the morning.

Today being my birthday, I did think exercise would go out the window - but it didn't!!! My friend Laura slept over and we went for a long walk this morning, up hill and down dale. Then we went to a swish gym where we got free day passes (a perk from our corporate deal at work) and we did a gentle workout and then swum, used the spa and sauna. It was really lovely, a nice girly way to spend my birthday.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:28 AM   #15  

Just got back from a 71 minute brisk walk - I chose the route with the biggest hills (not so easy when you live in Norfolk ) and really strode out, swinging my arms and keeping the same brisk pace on the inclines as on the flat bits . I set the alarm on my heart rate monitor to beep at me if my pace slackened below 120bpm , and managed to work up a pretty good sweat. Not bad bearing in mind my soles are still blistered after Thursday's beach walk - I'm such a tough cookie .

Kind regards, Janey