Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-15-2004, 09:18 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Wednesday, December 15th

Good Morning,

I'm at work today and can't play long.

How is everyone this fine morning ? I still have my nasty cold and can barely talk but thats a good thing, so I'm told LOLOL !!!

Whats shakin ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

hey leenie - well i'm glad you are feeling well enough to be at work today! hope you get better and better.

what's everybody's temperatures this morning? we were 26 at my house this morning. brrrrrrrrrr feels like Christmas to me! it is really crisp and clear and blue outside. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

I was out of the house at 6:30 to go to Albertsons before work to get all the stuff for homemade sub sandwiches for our 12th grade girls and guys sunday school christmas party tonight. we are having it at one of the guys homes and his mom is making a gumbo and we play the "steal a gift game". It will be a fun time

Anybody else watch The Biggest Loser on NBC last night? Wow - what a great visual when they had the lifesize posters of themselves that showed their size when they arrived, and then to put on a vest with the amount of weight on it that they had lost. Then they had to run a lap around the football field with that weight back on them! WOW! what an eye opener! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE WATCHING PEOPLE LOSE WEIGHT with healthy eating and exercise!!!!!! love it!

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #3  
Future Size 6

Hello,

I hope you don't mind my dropping in. My Wellbutrin doesn't seem to be quite up to the task lately, so I thought I'd come see some people who understand.

Cathy, whereabouts in Louisiana are you, if you don't mind my asking? I grew up in Lake Charles and am headed there tonight to spend an early Christmas with my mom.

It's 28 here this morning. I'm trying to figure out whether I need to zip the liner into my coat or not. I probably won't though; I hate being too hot.

Leenie, I hope your cold goes away soon!
Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:43 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Hello ladies

I am glad to see some of us have good news.Me and dh went to public housing because our name came up on the list.We went and filled out some of the paper work and to see the apartment thay had.To tell the truth I don't think we are taking it.Why? you may ask.Its smaller then the apartment we are in now; we would have to get rid of if not all of our stuff.Me and dh are big people and it just didn't look like it would work.
Some of the snow is melting today but I am afraid its going to get really cold tonight and freeze what has melted.So I don't think I will be going anywhere in the morning.
Dh is out trying to help a woman not be afraid to use the computer anymore.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:13 PM   #5  

good afternoon gang!

I made a lunchtime run to walmart and only spent $15 wooooohoooooo! but really that was only bec I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Welcome Talisman! Actually I work in Lake Charles. I have been here all my life, born and raised here. I live about 30 minutes outside of Lake Charles. Your mom lives here in town? how cool! how long have you been gone from Louisiana?

how cold is it in Illinois today?

don't a lot of people have to increase their anti depressants a little during the winter months? perhaps your just dealing with wintertime/seasonal stuff? how long have you been taking Wellbutrin? if you don't mind talking bout it.

are you driving or flying to Louisiana?

have a safe trip!

hugs,
cathy
Old 12-15-2004, 02:14 PM   #6  

hey lynnie! stay warm!
Old 12-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #7  
Future Size 6

Hi Cathy,

Yes, I grew up in LC, from age 4 to 24, when I got married and moved to Texas. That didn't work out (LONG story), and after I got divorced I met a man on the Internet who lived here in Illinois. This was back when Internet dating was really new and REALLY strange, so you can imagine the uproar amongst the family when I decided to move here to be with him. But we've been together seven years now and married for four, and things are still wonderful.

We'll be driving down to Louisiana; it gives us time to talk, and we've always been "gypsies"; we love to be on the road.

Regarding the Wellbutrin, I've been on it for about four years now, and it's done wonders. I think the reason I am a little down is just because of the holidays; my father passed on a few years ago and it still hurts not to have him here--a little worse, at holidays and special times. I'm feeling better than I was this morning though; I think the excitement of the trip is kicking in. And speaking of which...we've got to leave in about ten minutes!

I'll see if I can pop in while I'm at my mom's. If I don't see any of you who celebrate it before then, though, have a merry Christmas!

hugs back,
Tali
Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 04:11 PM   #8  
CIN

Hi Gals
Leens.sorry you still have a cold.I thought for sure I was getting one and used those nasal swabs..Zicam.....and guess what?.yesterday I sniffled and sneezed all day.today I am fine Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm more Zicam up the nose! Worth the $$$

Lynnie.sorry the apt didnt work for you all because the apartments based on income ( my daughter is on a list) dont come up often ! It is tough to "scale down" with furniture and things.we had to when we moved last Dec. I dont miss any of the "stuff" now.I like less to take care of honestly. But you both know where you can live comfortably and where not.........we are all different!

I am searching for 4 different squishy pillows for the kids.........on a mission.they were in abundance.not now! Ha! Oh well.who cares?

It is cold here in Ky and I love it! Bring on the snow too!

See you all later.its church night so I better start getting supper

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #9  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Cool

Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone is fine. My day was ok. I brought my daughter to her appt..
It went ok. Then we went get her 2 new school uniforms. I hope she uses them. Then I brought her get her nails done. As part of a Christmas present. Kids now adays always want something!
Then we came home and I took a nap.
Leenie, I am glad your cold is better.
Cathy, it was about 26 degrees here last night also.
Hope everyone else is doing fine.
Oh, we went pick up my daughter yesterday morning. Early.
I don't know if anything has changed with her. I sort of don't think so. Maybe
something??.
I guess I ought to do some housework around here. Alot of times I just don't
feel like doing anything.
My dad died 2 and a half years ago, of cancer. He was only 60 yrs. old. Almost 61. And my mom died when I was 17. I am 39 now. It sort of makes you feel all alone. You know??. I have my daughter, a husband, 1 sister, and 2 brothers. But not exactly the same anymore.
I didn't even put up a X-Mass tree since my dad died. No decorations either.
I think about doing it this year, for my daughter you know?. Maybe.
My daughter looked like she really missed me yesterday. She cried and hugged
me. But...
Well, I'll post again tomorrow. Hugs to everyone. Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote