Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 07:09 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Challenge chat - Week 1

Good morning everyone

Well I managed to gain back 2 lbs over the weekend after a Dim Sum blow out, a BBQ and DH kidnapping me and taking me to the Dairy Queen where he force fed me a small hot fudge sundae

So back to it this morning!

I did my WW journal yesterday and had my first tofu burger - it actually tasted pretty good

Last night I planned today's menu and counted out the points for it - I have to get serious about my journalling!

Well I am off to get ready for for work and to eat my bowl of shredded wheat (without the brown sugar on it - here goes! )

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:39 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I managed to stay the same over the long weekend but am really being careful from now on. I had a slice of whole grain toast with low fat cheese and tomato for breakfast and am glugging a glass of V8 right now. Two walks are on the schedule for this morning.
Could force feeding of a DQ sundae be construed as spousal abuse?
Old 09-07-2004, 08:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Spousal abuse. Yeah... mine force-fed me a polish sausage on the weekend.

I did really well yesterday on Phase I until around 9:30 at night. I went to great pains to smuggle three Subway cookies out of the fridge while DH was cleaning the bathroom. He kept coming into the kitchen, where I would snap at him. He finally told me I was cranky, and should go to bed. I thought, "The reason I'm CRANKY is because I'm trying to sneak some freakin' cookies without you SEEING me!"
I didn't even enjoy them. They turned to ash in my mouth. If there hadn't been screens over the bedroom windows, I would have thrown them out. I couldn't even flush them because of the bathroom renovation.
No matter... the rest of the day went well, and today will be good, too!

Have a great OP day, girls!!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:42 AM   #4  

ellis -That will teach you!

Good going Ruth

I was thinking of doing the new WW core plan but I just don't have the time to switch plans completely- I am too busy packing up my apartment and getting ready to move. Besides all of the food I currently have in the house is geared towards WW Flex points/SBD. I may try it later when I have settled into my new place or just switch over slowly.

mmmmmm....Polish sausage
Old 09-07-2004, 11:23 AM   #5  

I've been counting calories for three days now. Journaling has helped a lot. When I eat too many cals, I can look back and think, if I'd dropped the soda, and eaten one snack instead of two, and had two cookies instead of three... I'd have done much better! That is motivating, to know that small changes will lead to big results.

So this is Day 1 of the challenge, eh? So far, I've had one glass of water and hit the exercise bike for half an hour. Lunch will be a sate stir fry. I plan on eating half the tofu I normally do and instead eat more of the vegetables. I'm packing a mid-afternoon snack, so I won't be tempted to binge for dinner. Mmm, planning!

DQ as spousal abuse? Only if he actually put the spoon in your mouth!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 01:13 PM   #6  

Well he did put the spoon in mouth - I swear it!
Old 09-07-2004, 01:17 PM   #7  

So far so good - I am having a really stressful morning as we are short staffed and the work is starting to pile but I have not caved into my favorite stress eating food of BUTTERTARTS! I am being good
Old 09-07-2004, 02:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

what the heck is a buttertart? and NO, its not spousal abuse even if he put the spoon in the mouth. Men for some dumb reason think it is romantic to feed their women sweets so he was probably just trying to be romantic and score some "snuggle time". Don't send the man to jail. Instead, use the "snuggle time" to burn off the calories from the ice cream.

Tiki.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:48 PM   #9  
Free the athlete within!

S/C/G: 327/305/180

Height: 5'7"

Funny. I was just thinking, "Mmmm. Dim sum." !

The best darned sodium hit in the world. I float for about a week after I have dim sum. Which explains why I don't have it very often.

Megan
Old 09-07-2004, 02:52 PM   #10  

Buttertarts - a Canadian thing

They are these yummy little tarts, the filling is kind of like the filling in pecan pie but with a few raisins tossed in intead of the pecans- that is about the best way I can describe them - delicious!

Tiki- Ha! I knew he had alterior motives
Old 09-07-2004, 03:36 PM   #11  

Well, I started the challenge yesterday and I did pretty good. DBF decided to take us out for lunch and I had a green chile cheese burger, but I only ate 8 tortilla chips and 10 fries, so I considered it an accomplishment. Then I made a big pot of vege soup for dinner, which I had for lunch today too. I actually managed to come in below my calorie limit for the whole day!

I didn't get up on time today. In fact I had to grab breakfast at school because I was running so late. But the veggie soup made up for that. I have some errands to run close to my apt., so I think I'll hoof it instead of taking the bus. I'm feeling all this stress about my MA paper and I think some exercise would get me calmed down.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:08 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Tiki-DON'T EVEN ASK!!! Mauvais got me hooked on them!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 11:24 PM   #13  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm sick.

I woke up with a sore throat that I KNOW is going to turn into some terrible head cold. This happened two months ago! I don't know what the DEAL is. I swear it has something to do with planning ahead. Last night, I packed up my swim clothes to go to the gym bright and early. This morning I woke up feverish and with the brillo-ed sore throat. Argh!

I did pretty well food wise tho. I did break down and have a 7-11 slurpee because it felt so good against my throat. I could have gone for the diet pepsi one but I didn't. Sigh!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:50 AM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Jessica... no! Not again! I'm so sorry sweetie... sending you love and healing hugs...
Eat garlic and drink lots of liquids.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:54 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jessica, if you lived closer I'd make you my Chinese/Jewish penicillin - chicken soup with garlic and ginger. A hot lemon and honey drink may help too. Get better.

I overdid the walking yesterday and am paying for it this morning. Dumb knee! Food was just fine and the scale is down a smidge this morning. (A smidge is a tenth of a pound - 1.6 ounces - but I'll take it!)

Now would you all puhleez stop chatting about butter tarts and dim sum! We are going to Swiss Chalet for dinner tonight and I will be hard pressed to resist the fries which I know DH will have. Chicken breast and salad is what I should eat but we do have a "Two can dine" coupon. Maybe I can get it with salad instead of fries.

Have a good alternaday!
Closed Thread