Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 11:15 AM   #1  
Mel

Default Week of Aug 23 - 29, 04

Good morning! Just got back from the gym. Obnoxiously early client at 6:30, then two more, then my chest and tri workout. Cardio later. I REALLY need to get back to daily cardio no matter how much I hate it!

Had a good weekend here- but a few extra sweet carbs. So The next two days are going to be real low carb to get the bloat off and get rid of the sugar cravings.

Have a good one,

Mel
Old 08-23-2004, 11:58 AM   #2  

TIKI - You are totally right, my BF who became my DH, made me gain 50 pounds when I started slacking off from the gym, yeah it was all his fault, he twisted my arm real hard while he was spoiling me rotten with romantic dinners and weekends away, LOL. Now he watches the kid and sorts laundry while I am at the gym. What a rotten guy!!

BF worthy - Love that a lot.

Was totally off track this weekend, though when off track means french toast made with WW bread, I do think I am not so far down the slippery slope. Did lots of things, it was a real spur of the moment weekend, DD went away with my brother and his family, my nephew and daughter are the same age, so when you have the two they entertain each other. I went out with knitting pals and stuff like that and DH and I went to a movie, Bourne Conspiracy, real good I thought , real fun except for the hail.

CINDY - Use the FlyLady technique on the den, set the timer for 15 minutes, work like crazy, then walk away, you will be amazed how liberating it can become to know you are only going to do something dreadful for a short period of time and it will get done this way too.

LIEKE - Do you have a house in mind for this mortgage? My spelling isn't what it could be s/be frozen broiled or baked eggplant. If you get a lot of eggplant from a garden like I do, I bake it up in the oven, sliced and lightly seasoned, and once it has cooled, layer it in waxed paper and freeze it up to a couple of months. Makes it convenient to use in a hurry.

I have a new system for tracking my workout at the gym, I put all the routines onto cards, then I can take notes, track progress and keep track of when I have done a particular lift. I sort through them the night before picking out what I want to do the next morning, keeping them clipped together. I also put the technique and form info on the back, I can review them while on the treadmill or eliptical warming up. Still using my Halloween pencil my daughter gave me, she was being so helpful.

UBWO went well this morning using my new system, I spent more time on the routine and less on the getting it together stage. Walking at lunch time, the office is so cold, I need to go out and warm up.

Liza
Old 08-23-2004, 12:30 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

I had a pretty good weekend, I had a wedding to go to on Saturday. I was a bit nervous since I didn't know what the food would be like or what not. I did eat something before I went so that I wouldn't be starving staring at all the things I have no real desire to eat. I didn't do too badly, I had some salsa with a piece of beef for the dinner portion. Sadly, no vegetables to eat. Then I had a piece of the wedding cake, but only took a few bites out of it and only the cake part, not the frosting part. Also, they didn't have any water available, bottled or otherwise, so I stuck with caffeine free diet sodas. I also did Pilates before I went to the wedding so I did get my exercise in.

I went to the gym on Sunday and went swimming, which was great. I have noticed that my endurance sucks in general but I know I just have to build it up. In between my laps in the pool, I'd stand at the edge of the lap lane and run in place, then I'd get back to swimming the laps. I also weighed at the gym on Sunday and I had a loss of 5 lbs for last week. Though that is more than my goal, my overall average is around 2 lbs a week which means I should make my end of year goal by the end of October. (I hope)
Old 08-23-2004, 12:47 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Good Afternoon Gang

I had a pretty good weekend too... I did do 20K bike ride yesterday it felt good and I went to the gym beforehand and did back... Today it's arms and 5k on the ...

Liza --WW French toast, I had the same a couple of weeks ago. I made mine with 1 egg and 2 eggwhites and SF syrup...... I don't consider that falling off the wagon at all or even cheating...

Nelie -- good work on the 5#!!! Keep it up... I'd also like to start swimming this winter... DH enjoys swimming the best, he's quite slim, lucky bugger, but he does not exercise. So this is something we could do together....

Well I've got to get to that gym, first I need some food... So, I'm off..... Hi Mel and Jack... and all the lurkers....TTFN....
Old 08-23-2004, 01:18 PM   #5  

Default Happy Monday Guys!

I had some reading to do this morning since I haven't been online in a few days and as usual I am laughing out loud and people are leaning back on the chairs and cocking their heads to see what I'm up to.
I ,from now on, will use 'bf' to represent bodyfat and BF to represent 'boyfriend'. Although strenous dieting can cause me to be a lil' biddy at times, it would not cause me to put my "BF underground" or in my case, my DH!
I went to a family reunion this weekend,It was a pretty Big Deal. Aunts, Uncles, cousins etc I haven't seen in eons. The vast majority of those people haven't seen me since I was just a rugrat and now of course I got rugrats of my own..
It was fun but I had um....some problems with the amount and types of food there. OK...Honestly, it was a freakin train wreck...
I woke up with indigestion..
Good Lord....
Oh well... I refuse to give up..
Anyway. I am behind so I'll log my Friday workout.

Eats sucked so I won't log it......

Friday night I doubled up cuz I missed a day...did Thurs. workut (Legs!) and Fri workout (Chest and shoulders), and of course calves and abs...
Step Lunges: no weight X 25 ea warm up
40X14ea 60X12eaX12eaX10ea
Side to side lunges: 60X10eaX8eaX7ea
Butt sqauts (on smith mach. with feet 2ft forward sqautting to heels)
90X15X15X15
Lying leg curls
60X10X10X9
Leg Extensions (machine)
140X15X15X13
DB Incline Press
35'sX16 warm up 40'sX13 45'sX10X10X8
DB Flat Press 45'sX12X12X10
DB Decline Press
40'sX14X12X12
DB Lateral Delt raises (Triple drop)
15'sX15/12'sX13/10'sX14, 15'sX12,12'sX10/10'sX9,15'sX9/12'sX8,10'sX8
BB Front delt raise
40X10X9X7
DB Bent over rear delt raises (seated)
25'sX15X12X7
leg press for calves
270X28X25X22X19X14
Decline sit-ups

So far today...
4 oz Roast chicken
5oz Sweet Potatoe
1/2 c Broccoli
(yes, for breakfast, hey... I felt like it )
Mulit-vite
50mg 5HTP
1000mg Glutamine

Alrighty then....
I feel caught up.
I have got road rash from so many falls off the damn wagon, but I am up again so here we go......
X0XO
L2L
Old 08-23-2004, 04:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Can a skinny fat beginner post here too? Would someone come and rap my knuckles if I disappear for a couple of days I have started and not finished a few things in my day.
The kids threw us a surprise 25th anniversary party on Saturday. So with the pig roast and wine and coors light and all .... Well, Sunday I did the lower body part of stumptuous program 8 and then in the evening I did abs.
Today was my first day at work after vacation but I feel pretty good so I'll do upper body and maybe go for a walk. I could do some on the elliptical too probably.
Except for a couple of chocolates at work (why do people give nurses chocolate) my diet's been good today. It was surprisingly easy to get back in the groove after goofing off for two days. I'm not sure I could have done that in my '1200 calories slimming' days.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:39 PM   #7  
Mel

Hi Susan! Of course you can join in! Are you just starting with weights? I take it from your last comment you are changing up your eating plan too. Welcome to LWL

Mel
Old 08-23-2004, 08:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

A 'BFL' friend keeps telling me that muscle is key. I'm finally listening. I really like to eat so I'd better make some muscle to use up some calories.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:14 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Susan ~~ OHHHH! A NEWBIE that's not scared of MUSCLES!! YAY, I love ya already!! WELCOME !! WE LUVS NEWBIES!!!!

I had a great workout today... I did bis and tris then 5k on the ... It took me 40 mins... I'm working on bringing my time down a bit, no a lot actually, I'd love to run a 5K next year and I want decent timing at least ...

Other than that life is good!!

TTFN...
Old 08-23-2004, 09:25 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

Your old buddies must have been impressed with the new and improved Jack? Did a bunch of you have a race, going up and down those stairs?

Legs tomorrow for moi Jack what about you?
Old 08-23-2004, 09:44 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

is fine tonite Jack... Thanks for asking... She's a winding down and is happily tired... I'm off to read a good murder mystery ....
Old 08-24-2004, 02:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Jack,

That sounds like an EXCELLENT time together. I'm very impressed with your running the stadium. I never was good at that when I ran high school track. I was so afraid of falling.

What ya reading Queen? I LUV murder mysteries!

Welcome Susan. We love all lifters, slim, average, chunky, whatever!

Hi all the rest!

Date was a no-go. Ole boy helped move his sister into her first apartment at college - three hours from the city. He got back to Detroit around 10 but since the event started at 6PM, I decided not to wait any longer and got there around 9:30. I missed the chef and all the fancy food, but still had a good time munching on fresh fruits and veggies. I passed up the alcohol - was glad I did - because I was asked to drive my friend's mother-in-law home so her son could stay at the party with his wife. All in all, a great time, a great party. And so good to not wake up the next day bloated or hungover.

Tiki.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:43 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Tiki -- I've read several books this summer I've just finishing reading Kiss the Girls by James Paterson, I also read a couple of Patricia Cornwell's books (isn't that awful I can't remember the names of them at the moment) ... We didn't do much this summer but I sure did read a lot at least 6 books... I also like Kathy Reichs, this summer I read Death du Jour and a while back I had read Deja Dead, both very good reads...
Old 08-24-2004, 03:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Oh Man! I just finished Grave Secrets! LOVED IT! I was out of town on a business trip, finished it at 10PM, and IMMEDIATELY got up, went to the store and bought another of her books!

Tiki.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:04 PM   #15  

Thank you ladies, I was just getting ready to look for another author. I don't get as much time as I would like to sit and read so I listen to audio books back and forth to work. I'm probably the only person on the highway who doesn't get upset when traffic comes to a dead stop, I just think "yippee, I'm going to get a little farther in my book today." It is great, I normally fit in a book a week and I'm just starting the last book in a 12 book series and was looking for another author. I've already gone to the library website and had Deja Dead put on the hold self for me.

Have either of you read Sue Grafton's series? You would probably enjoy them if you haven't, the first one is A is for Alibi, second B is for Burglar, etc.

Also Janet Evanovich's One for the Money, Two for the Show, etc. is really a fun to read, lighter reading but the character really grows on you.

Thx Again.

Last edited by EofAZ; 08-24-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Closed Thread