Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default Cows Beef-for and Aft-herd

Is that a lame title or what?

DS is out with a church group bowling. Since I had to work tonight, I begged them to bring him home. now SHOCK I must straighten up. YIKES what if they comes tothe doorororoorrrrr...
Old 07-06-2004, 09:58 PM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Imagine Your 16 Year Old Out Bowling With A Church Group!!!! You Are So Lucky---he Could Be Out Partying With Losers!!!! What A Wonderful Mother You Are !!! Congratulations!!!!----wabby---what Is Your Good News!!!????do Tell-------have A Ball Kiwonkerina!!!!!! Happy Flying Shuga Shuga!!!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #3  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

I started to post a new thread when my %$*&@ computer froze. My title was worse.

I need something delicious to prepare in a crockpot this weekend. I will not have a kitchen so it must be easy. Please submit.

My DD is very straight laced. She skips parties where she knows there will be drinking etc. My DSes are giving me a run for my money and they are only 12 and 14. I'm becoming old before my time. I am determined to be the winner in this battle of wills, but it is hard. They just aren't that interested in pleasing me. They do get good grades, but that is only because their dirt bikes and the use thereof are directly tied to school performance.

I bought the most wonderful sandals today. They are UGLY but so comfortable.

I must go. L
Old 07-07-2004, 01:39 AM   #4  
fatter than U

Cool Still here

Guess who hasn't finished packing? Or even started packing, for that matter. Good thing my mother has a washing machine and an iron. I can just cram everything in and do it there. Last day of school for kids. They are testy.

When my middle brother was 12 he used to sneak out at night to visit his various girlfriends.

Bowling is a wholesome sport. Did they bust their way in and check out your living room, Peachy?

MUST go do something. No crockpots here. Sorry, Lushy.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:58 PM   #5  

My good news --- DH took the heat and asked DS's friend to move out!!!!
DH told him on friday that he needed to clean out our motorhome so we can use it this summer and that we would move him into Grandpa Jim's motorhome. The motorhome dweller pretty much partied all weekend with his friends, so monday when he rolled into the drive, DH told him he had one hour to get his stuff and he would have to go. That we hadn't seen any effort on his part to either get a job or help out at our house, that we weren't doing anybody a favor by letting it continue. He has moved in with his girlfriend. DS seemed relieved. I'm definitely relieved.

Lush, put a pork loin in your crockpot w/ a big bottle of bbq sauce. Cook until it falls apart and serve on french rolls. mmmm.

Sugar, I like your plan. As long as you get yourself, your DH, your boys on the plane you're doing fine. We have stores and everything on this continent.

Has Kiwi sailed already???

Out bowling with a church group???? show-off. I think my DS is probably out partying with a bunch of losers. Just kiddin'. He's working.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:29 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

one thing i hate about summer----finding things to keep kids busy---ds {TEN tomorrow!!!} is BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRED and i am tired of trying to find things to do that BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRE me. AND WE HAVE ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!!--- now,lushie,by Dirt Bikes" do you mean those regular bikes with the big tires that you ride down mountains???OR DO YOU MEAN ATV [ALL TERRAIN VEHICLES] that you need a big motorcycle helmet for and have either three or four giant truck like tires?????------There are always controversies about them here--like the age limit and how fast they can go and how close to the road etc------do your boys "hang" together????----my dd18 is not a "partyer" but I am sure that will change when university starts!!!!-----CONGRATULATIONS WABBY!!!! YOU MUST BE THRILLED!!!!! YOUR PLACE WILL START TO FEEL LIKE A HAVEN AGAIN SOON I AM SURE!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 03:26 PM   #7  

Thanks, Bagzie, but I still have those other 2 adult children to go! Actually DD is moving by Aug. 1 and DS as soon as he sells his car. Woo-hoo. Then I have big plans for decorating and having a house cleaning service come and do a one time super clean.

I've found a new favorite for lunch. Wendy's cheese and broccoli stuffed potato. I'm afraid to go check the calorie count. I'm sure with all that broccoli it's got to be good for me.

I hate to whine (yeah, sure) but how long is Kiwi going to be gone????
Old 07-07-2004, 04:45 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey wabby---if you don't mind using half the day's points--it doesn't seem tooooooooooo bad---------------------------------------------------------
Wendy's®
Hot Stuffed Baked Potatoes - Broccoli & Cheese
Potato, Broccoli, Cheese Sauce, Margarine
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 potato • 411g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 126
% DV*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 510mg 21%
Potassium 1400mg 40%
Total Carbohydrate 81g 27%
Dietary Fiber 9g 36%
Sugars 6g
Protein 9g 18%
Vitamin A 35% • Vitamin C 120%
Calcium 20% • Iron 25%
Unofficial Pts: 10
Percent of Calories from:
Fat-26.2% Carb-67.5% Protein-7.5%
(Total may exceed 100% due to rounding)

Click here to add DietFacts to your Favorites list!

Unofficial Pts: 10

This item is gluten-free (no wheat flour or
Old 07-07-2004, 04:48 PM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yeah---we want Kiwi--------------------i think she is our unofficial "moderator"----i just bought THIRTY plants-----mostly begonias for ONE DOLLAR each!!!![ sale at the nursery!!} i am going to plant them and then i am taking pics of my current garden and sending them to YOU ----AND I will really do this because i have decided after FORTY SEVEN years to KEEP MY WORD!!!!----------------- i wonder when peach will get her TEA,cause i really DID send it!!!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 06:05 PM   #10  
fatter than U

Wink hasta la vista!

FINISHED PACKING!!! Will now go to bed and try to get some rest.

I'll be sure to post when we get there.

Bagzie - ds8 has his Canadian Tire Money all ready to go!

Kiwi will only be gone a week. I miss her already.

See yas!!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #11  

Bye Sugar P~~~!!!!!!! Have a great time!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #12  

Hey Sugar! Welcome to North America!

Gosh, Bagzie, did you hafta tell me that? I ate the baked potato as a side along with a 99 cent double stack burger. I suppose now you're going to tell me there's another 10 points in the burger. I did drink a diet coke with it. I'm sure that cancelled out the other calories. Your garden is absolutely boooo-tee-fullll. We haven't seen iris or lupines around here since May. I think we may be into the dog days of summer. Anyway, that's what my dog tells me.

DD found a nice apartment for $650 a month. 2 bedroom, 2 bath, very large. She's so happy and excited. Me too.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey wabby---i can't find the Double Stacked Burger---you'll have to make do with this--Wendy's sandwich: Classic Single® with everything-410 calories
Old 07-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #14  

Wabbs... awesome! Sounds like new-found peace of mind.... Property rights restored AND a pork roast falling apart..

Baggz, enjoy your begonias! Post a photo, OK? And be careful not to strain anything while you plant them. I bend over or squat so long I about can't move afterwards. THAT's not pretty, even if the flowers are.

Sug-- good luck with the move... they're right, we have modern conveniences here in the New World. Even West of the Mississippi!
Old 07-09-2004, 08:20 AM   #15  

I want an apartment for $650 a month! Wabby I am so happy for you!

I'm going to a reunion with my cousins this weekend. I think I may be being stupid just to go. Present will be lots of unpleasant people. But the only way I can see the people I like is to sit in the same room with the others. Of course, I could go out of my way to visit them one on one...but that isn't going to happen. It's always disappointing to hold these people up to the light of day. I"m better off seeing them for a few hours before they have time to reveal too much about themselves.

My family isn't going...my DH hates my family...for good reason. They're really thugs in nice suits.

OH well. I wonder if Kiwi is having fun. I wonder if she wants to kill her DH yet. I can't imagine being so "close" for so many days. The ocean is so unforgiving about wanting to be off by yourself.

Where's Peaches? Doesn't she have a responsibility to post with Kiwi gone. Well, I'm off...Hi Painty...welcome to our side of the pond, Sugar. I was waving as you flew past,but I'm sure you didn't wave back.
L
Closed Thread