Old 06-21-2004, 12:32 PM   #1  

Default Sorry! MIA...

Just thought that I would post...before I leave it too long and am too shy to come back into the fold!

Life has been busy the last little bit....I got a promotion at work (yay!), but they haven't filled my old post, so I am a bit swamped trying to manage both positions for the interim.

I'm still doing all right with my weight loss (although it is so SLOW now!). I have lost 1.5 pounds since I last logged on. I'm continuing to run (just signed up for a 10 kilometre clinic)....YIKES!

Anyway...just saying "hello" and thanks for the continual inspiration and support!

Are Holly (Gonzostar), SAPF, and Goddess still around?

Last edited by looosingit; 06-21-2004 at 12:34 PM.
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:50 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Well, well, well, and just when I was thinking about putting out an all-points bulletin for you! When the Flames went out during that final game I was afraid you'd taken it really badly and gone into seclusion.

Glad to hear all's well AND congrats on the promotion! As for the slow weight loss, who cares how long that last 20lbs or so takes, as long as you're on the right road to goal? After all, you'll have the rest of your life to be there Think you'll be ready to do your first 10k in the fall? Goodness knows you don't want to be running that distance in that notorious Ottawa summer heat!

Haven't seen SAPF around for awhile, but Gonzo and Goddess J have been checking in now and then. Oh, and Mthrgoos has us in our thoughts and assures me she'll get around to showing up here again as soon as her life's more settled (I think after moving from Kansas to California she's busy surfing the waves instead of the net)

Glad you're back Kris - I particularly hate the thought of losing a Canuck when we're already so few in number here

Last edited by Jillegal; 06-21-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:26 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi there!! Glad to see you back!! It sounds like you still have a great attitude. Slow but steady sounds great!!!

I sent you a PM, but do you still want that magazine article?? I can't believe that I forgot to send it!! I have it ready to go!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

welcome back Kris!!! The more Canucks - the better
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome back Kris!

Congats on the 1.5 lb loss!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:55 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back Kris--CONGRATS on the promotion!!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #7  

Wow...thanks for the warm welcome back ladies!

Congrats to you SAPF on your new contract....Glad to see you around these parts.

Thanks Amanda! Beach wedding....ooo sounds nice!

How're you feeling Dana? Congratulations! Are you going to check and see if you are expecting a girl or boy, or will you wait for the surprise?

Sandi - you're so sweet to remember that running article for me! I'd love to read it when you get a chance...I should see if I can send you the picture of me crossing the 5K finish line....I look sweaty & tired, but happy! I read that you had registered for WW. How's it going? You know that Jillegal & I are big fans (of you and WW, or course!).

Jillegal - the Flames timing and my disappearance were coincidental! I was disappointed that they didn't get the Cup, but hey, they weren't even supposed to have made the playoffs, so all is forgiven. Glad to read that you are back on track...I really appreciated your honest post about plateaus. I think that everybody hits them at some point (I know that I have - more than once!). I think that it is important for people to know that you can come out the other side of a plateau.

I'm hoping to do the 10K Terry Fox Run for cancer research in the Fall. I walk the 5K every year...and when I collect donations people always ask "are you running?". I've always hated telling them "no, I'll be walking" (although I am usually thinking "What - are you kidding me?? Of course not.")...I think that it will be fun to say "YES! I am running!".

Tell Mothergoose "hello"!

It's nice to know that the support of 3FC 100lb club is always there when you need it!

Thank you!

Last edited by looosingit; 06-22-2004 at 03:56 PM.
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote