Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 06:57 PM   #1  

Unhappy help!!!

Hi There, my name is Carmy and I am new here.

I wanted to write and ask for help because I am at a point where I am so frusturated I don't know what to do.

I am currently on Weight Watchers and have been since March 1

I have done nothing but go up and down for the last month. I have lost 15 lbs but two weeks about I was down 19lbs.

I need a get up and go - A quick start of some kind.

I think that if I had a booster that I could loose maybe 10lbs in a couple of weeks it would sure keep me motivated.

I am getting married in 3 mths - ugh and just frusturated as heck. I know I won't loose a ton of weight by the wedding but maybe 20 lbs or so would be nice.

I have a lot of weight to loose - over 100lbs so its hard to stay focused.

I am looking for any suggestions anyone has. you can reach me on aol at gooficolor

Thanks
Carmy
Old 06-13-2004, 08:36 PM   #2  
Running Babe

Carmy: First of all, maybe change the mix of foods. are you feeling satisfied? Are you eating enough veggies? Also maybe write down and reflect on your long term goals and your short term. You are going through a stressful time I bet. Maybe say "I will walk 30 mins daily just as me time". Don't think of it as exercise, do it so you can be alone with your thoughts. Also reflect on all the stuff you like about yourself! Surround yourself with positive energy! You are marrying an awesome guy who you love and who loves you back, that's great! As for weight loss, just focus on the process. Eating right and activity and being good to yourself. The scale won't always do what we want it to do, but if you say maybe give yourself a reward for getting you activity in say 20 days out of 30 days a month or for eating right 27 out of 30 days a month, you will feel good and accomplished and generally doing stuff like that the scale will head south!

I know losing 100lbs can be daunting, but focus on the process and the results will follow! Also if you have a bad bite (gave in to cake at the office, stopped at a gas station and had a candy bar etc), acknowledge it and move back on track. I planned a yummy dessert once every two weeks during my weight-loss, that worked wonders.

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming nuptuals.

Ali
Old 06-17-2004, 10:29 PM   #3  

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have been doing better this week. I am really trying to do the fast track plan. It seems to be going well.

Thank you for all of your advise.

Carmy
Closed Thread