Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-03-2004, 09:13 AM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Wink Thursday Chat - June 3rd

Morning all, I'm being a little gutsy and starting the day's thread! It's 9am and no one else has, so I figured what the hey.

I'm still feeling great! I managed to stay completely on program yesterday, and that is exciting. Going to a meeting really revved me up and I forgot how much I needed that. I also got a digital food scale, so I've been having fun weighing everything. No cheating that way!

I hope everyone else is doing well, I'll see ya around today!
BA99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #2  

Wink A good nites sleep

My little man slept thru the nite. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My living room is clean. I even cleaned the french doors. My husband was amazed that you can actually see thru them I mopped the floors twice. I feel energized!!!!!!!!!!!

Leenie-Thanks for the advise about Motrin. I usually save that for the nitetime. I have to have some weapons in my mommy bag and motrin is it.

Everyone have a great day. I am going to. Even if I have to clean the glass in the shower. UGH! I am the one that thought a glass shower would be so nice. I didn't realize that with hard water well water, it is a pain to keep clean.
Arenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Hey Beth Anne - I am so glad to hear that you are feeling great! you can tell it in your posts! I use to absolutely love going to my Weight Watcher meetings! have fun today!

Hey Sheila - I love cheetos too! dang I love it all. But I am glad to say that I survived the day without touching a ding dong. I really didn't struggle with it at all, especially after I told ya'll about it, I was not about to give in and eat one and then have to come back in here and spill my guts about it. but the box is still there today. The guys must have had a bunch for breakfast bec there are only 4 left in the box (yes I looked cause I wanted to see how many days I'm gonna have to fight this). But maybe they will finish them off today or tomorrow morning and then they will be gone. Dang guys!

Arenee - hope ya'll got some sleep last night? how is everybody feeling today?

April - thanks for posting your food log and explaining what you're doing. I was wondering? have you been eating up to 2002 calories and down to 1820 the week that you lost the 5 lbs? that is unbelieveable! WOW! how many calories were you eating before? it wasn't near that much was it?

Leenie - thanks for reminding me that those ding dongs weren't gonna taste as good as they use to and that regardless, they definitely aren't worth it! what ya doing today? is the boss cracking a whip? what ya doing about the strength training? did you find some weights yet?

Cin - did the closing on the house fly? I pray everything is working out!

Tippy - what ya doing this week? hope you're feeling well! miss ya!

Kemp - hot yet?

SueMarie - whasssup?

LindaT - you lurking? would love to hear from ya?

Even tho I was up late last night, I still drug my tired behind out of bed and got in my 2 mile WATP this morning. anybody else getting in some exercise?

I think I have figured out something about my birth control pills. Apparently they can increase your glucose levels which make you feel hungry. I have noticed that the 21 days I am taking them I am hungry all the time, but the 7 days that I am off of them I don't think of food that much until my stomach growls. I know that a low dose birth control is not suppose to cause weight gain, but if they make you feel hungry you are probably gonna eat more.

I went back and checked my food journals - on the days that I am taking the pill I have trouble keeping it around 1200 to 1400 calories, and on the weekends its higher, but this past weekend I didn't get off track and this week (7 days off the pill) I have been able to keep my calories around 1000 calories without much thought. hmmmmmm I might be on to something? not sure what I will do about it tho? anybody have thoughts or experiences with birth control pills and how they affected your eating habits and weight?

sorry my posts have been running so long.

hugs,
chatty cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default hiya hi hello

Good Morning yall.How's life treating ya? Yesterday Dh and I decided we needed our haircut.So I cut my hair again and this time its just alittle more shorter.I also finally got my eyebrows waxed.They were starting to look like a livewire.

My bunny is getting fat...But thats ok because he is still only a baby.
Well I just wanted to stop by and say HI!!!

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:15 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

This is WONDERFUL, wow look at all of you here already, LOVE IT LOVE IT!!

BethAnne, I bought my first digital food scale last year, and I love that thing. It's really an eye opener when you first start weighing food. ANd fun to do.

Sheila chocolate is my down fall and the Cheese Cake Factory, I have not yet to this day been able to walk in there and stay on my diet

Arenee YEAH !! glad the little one stayed asleep for you, bet you feel like a new person huh. My dd who's 2 1/2 slept in her big girl bed for the 2nd night last night, she's doing really well, just hope she doesn't figure out she can get out real easy now lol. Shhhhhhhhhhh! Kids are so much fun.

Cathy I was on b/c pills for ever, it was Ortho Novum 777. They were wonderful, had no cramps, and very little bleeding, LOVED IT!! and it controled my moods. I never noticed a difference w/eating from being on them or off, it just seems when its that time of the month no matter what I'm taking, I'm just plain ol hungry, starving actually and NEEED chocolate. So for me, I'd have to say Nope, no changes w/or w/out the pills. And I didn't gain weight using them, the only thing that happened was my hair thinned out but now that I"m off its getting better. Would I ever go back on them, YOU BET!!

Nothing new here today, busy working and I'm gonna leave in 5 minutes for a quick 20 minute walk to stretch my back.

Talk to you later.

HUGS !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:16 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Lynnie ohhhhhhhh lets see a picture of your new do !! please

ROFL at the fat bunny
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #7  
Divine Gal

ok here is my
"Duh what?" Picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mvc-031f.jpg (5.3 KB, 36 views)
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:59 AM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies...

It's finals weekend... I got finals all next week so if I'm not stressing out, I won't be on much for the next week. Well maybe after Wednesday since Thursday is my last final... and that is just turning in an English portfolio or all my writing revised and what not.

April... I've been zigzagging for a while now and I too have been loosing around 3-5lbs a week. However, in the last week I have had some really hard times keeping to my diet. I think it's stress from school I wanted to ask you... I plugged some numbers on that zigzag calculator but I wasn't getting the same numbers as you. It avaeraged 2000 ... so Sunday was 2000, Monday was 2250 Tuesday 2000 and so on til Saturday. I've been zigzaging at 1600. Meaning each day alternated 1800 1600 1800 and so on. Are you scaling it under - extreme fat loss 8x or fat loss 11x. I never could understand the site. RalphMarie posted it a while back and I had posted the site here in daily chat... but even then I was a little confused on what it was actually saing back then. Mel from maintners came in and talked to me about the zigzagging way, she called it calorie cycling. She gave me a formula which I have been following... (a sample calorie schedule)

Quote:
Sunday: 1800*1.2 = 2160 calories
Monday: 1800*0.8 = 1440
Tuesday: 1800*0.8 = 1440
Wednesday: 1800
Thursday : 1800
Friday: 1800*1.2 = 2160
Saturday: 1800
Quoted from Mel during one of the Daily Chats...

It's a bit different from the website tho. I have been alternating the calories like they have posted on the website where it's a different amount of calories taken in a day. I think I like he set up from the website a little better, but this has been working so I don't see a need to change. Maybe I can zigzag the zigzag diet hehe and combine both soruces. I've been having a hard time maintaining the 1600 calorie zigzag so I may be switching to 1800 or so.

Sorry I don't have time to reply to others, I've gotta run to work. I'll be back later tho...

Huggerz...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #9  
Losin It For GOOD!

Never Too Late: Have fun in your meetings today and try not to fall asleep

Arenee - I'm SO glad that the baby slept through the night!! My house is in serious need of a scrub down, hopefully one of these days I'll have time.

cathyxxx- I haven't had those problems on the pill, exactly the opposite. I am STARVING when I have my period, and under control the rest of the month. sorry if that doesn't help!!

lynnie - OooH! I love your new haircut!! looks cute. Getting your haircut is so much fun. I love to do it!

Leenie - how was your walk? I went for a quickie 10 minute one earlier, and plan on walking again at lunch. Walking is SO good for you, it never ceases to amaze me the benefits they keep "discovering".

Sue Marie - Good luck on all your finals!! I'll keep you in my thoughts.
BA99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #10  

Hi everyone~

Not much new today....doing a bit of housework...working a 12 hour night tonight......hardly working these days.....don't know what to do with myself...lol

Hope you all have a great day!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:21 PM   #11  

Good morning everyone

It's a beautiful day today...blue sky & sunny.....My dog Charlie woke DH & I up at 8:15....with a yelp....he wanted to go out.
DH & I had our breakfast out on the deck today.

Sue Marie....on that site....at 1st I was doing the extreme weight loss....had trouble sticking to it. If I did the next one...for weight loss....it would be 200 to 300 calories more than the 2000 calories....I thought that would be too much.
After a few days....I put a weight in the calculator......the weight I put in the calculator was 182 lbs....in the column that said fat loss x 11.....that would give me about 2000 calories....as an average....to see if I could lose at that many calories.....so here it is what I am doing for now. The average for the week is 2002 calories.

Sun......2002
Mon......2184
Tues......1820
Wed.......2184
Thurs.....1820
Fri.........2184
Sat.......1820

These are the numbers that came out....so I will see what happens.

Beth Anne....I am glad you are feeling great....me too today & yesterday....had lots of energy yesterday....did some cleaning in the kitchen.

Sheila....thanks about the 5 lbs.....I love Cheetos also....but try to not have them in the house.

Cathy.....yes I was eating up to 2184 calories....& down to 1820 calories the week I lost 5 lbs....this last week.....I plugged in a weight on the calculator to get about 2000 calories....the 1st time I was supposed to eat the 2184 calories....I found it hard to eat that many calories....in healthy food.....I actually ate 100 calories less.
I do notice when the calories are increased with healthy foods.....I was getting the nutrients I needed....on FitDay.
I weigh 200 lbs.....so it's not like I weigh 400 lbs......I wonder if the diet industry is wrong when they say we should be eating 1200 calories a day to lose weight.....are we in the starvation mode at that low of calories?
The last six months when I was doing well with my eating....was eating 1300 to 1500 calories....wasn't losing hardy any weight....6 lbs. in 6 months.....maybe the zig zagging of the calories is helping & increasing the amount of calories.

I think I am writing a book here.

April

Last edited by april99; 06-03-2004 at 02:32 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote