Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 08:46 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Wink Twirly Tuesday

Hi Ladies!
I havent started a thread in a while and do you know how hard it is to come up with a title to beat New Boobs Friday (Hi Jess )
I have been a psycho freak about a big project thats due today and My partner is going to finish up his part and then we're scott freeeeee
its funny I'm doing Atkins induction mind you without all the grease and I'm eating some fruit Until I can get the southbeach diet book
I'm frustrated with WW right now b/c I've been losing and gaining the same 5-9 pounds since october So its time for a lil LoCarb change
Mind you IMHO don't waste your time with LC products the pasta is grosss and I have yet to find a bread that I'm willing to pay $5 for a loaf of white bread
DF and I started moving my stuff into the apt Oh boy! its going to be interesting combining our stuff I want to call Lisa Rinna from MERGE and get her to do it for me
and next weekend we start the looking for stuff/decorating process
I missed you guys !
Congrats to Miss Jayne on that beautiful baby!!!!
come out and play
Kier
Old 04-20-2004, 09:03 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Cool Totally Motivated Tuesday

Morning All,

I have been doing a lot of reflecting on my weight-gain/ past weight loss as of late. I read an article in good housekeeping with interviews with Bob Greene and a lot made sense on how I lost the weight. It was a mixture of Willpower and Motivation and about not setting yourself up for failure by not accepting life's excuses... That's pretty much what I did... Yet in the almost 3 years since getting to goal, I have yo-yoed like crazy. I am trying to get myself back into the mental weight-loss zone, one that not only includes weight-loss but long term maintenance. I have made a million and one excuses, forgot the fact that my inner strength is amazing and can carry me through. To get back to my ideal weight I will say no when necessary, I will put in the effort to eat well and exercise well and I will respect my body (binging is not respecting one's body).

I also approached my weight loss like an athlete would for their sport. I figured out what was needed, I went ahead with the plan and rejoiced in my results and let that push me forward.

There's my rant/insight/ramblings or whatever it might be.

Kierie: I just used the thread at 3FC and one from msn for all of my SBD information, it carries tons of info. My BF's dad plans on lending me the book though.

Cheers (Habs won !!!<please don't hate me Boston Fans>, but my favorite AL team won yesterday and that's the BoSox!!)

Ali
Old 04-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ali!
I actually just snagged a link of SBD thread for a ebooks copy of the diet I won't put it up here b/c its not mine but check it out!
I had my "last meal" last night which would have been SBD friendly save for the daquiri and 1/2 an order of choc turtle empanadas
I got so sick from it tho I Think I'm done with cheating for a while and I also told DF we're getting sb friendly
Old 04-20-2004, 11:30 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Default Hey

I just have a sec so Ithought I'd post some pics of the girls....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jules Genna and Carmen.jpg (35.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Genna the great thinker.jpg (24.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 04-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

The one of the three is Jules, Genna and Carmen - Carmen is the critical heart defect baby - isn't she huge now!! I am a proud auntie of three pretty girls!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:53 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

HeY Ladies
Belle your neices are beautiful!
I'm having a yummy lunch
of tuna with 1 tbsp just too good mayo and lemon pepper with salad
I've got decaf ice tea chillin in the fridge for a nice agua alternative
But I have to hustle
Love
Kierie
Old 04-20-2004, 12:22 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Morning Ladies!!

My poor Canucks lost - but we're not too sad around here. We know Calgary played a great series and we're all really quick to jump off the bandwagon. It also gives us more time to ourselves in the evening. It was a good game to watch though. My roommate brought home pizza - WHY?? It's such a simple phrase, no thanks, but I can't say it when it comes to food. At least I managed to go to volleyball (there were half the normal number of people there cause everyone was watching the hockey game - this is the city I live in) - My walking partner and I will walk again at lunch - we're really enjoying the excercise so that's a good thing. I have healthy lunch and snacks again too - my favourite thing right now is the Crystal light singles. I have them in my desk and when I get bored with my water I throw a bit in my water bottle and have a yummy 0 point treat. The rest of my department is going on a conference starting today at noon so I will be all alone for the rest of the week. I hope I'm not busy.
Belle - Carmen is HUGE. I can't believe that's the same child. Very cute baby and nice picture of all three of them. How's the little one doing? (I'm selling jeansday buttons in my office - it's a children's hospital fundraiser.)
Kier - glad your project is almost done - Now on to the MERGE project!!
Ali - YAY Habs - again, it's a Canadian thing - I have my green pea soup all ready to go in honor of the win.
OK - off to do some work - I'll try to check back.
KT
Old 04-20-2004, 12:24 PM   #8  
Running Babe

Belle: They are so beautiful. Is Genna the first child of your other sister? I love her name, I hope she's getting better.

Kierie: We have the same lunch!!! Cool, I'll try and check the ebook out!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 04-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #9  
Running Babe

KT: It's funny you mentioned the Crystal Lite singles, I just bought two packs now and some sugar free jello... I know, I have a weakness for pizza too... I love the stuff Sorry about the Canucks.... here we get the Sens and the Leafs factions and people going crazy nuts about the rivalry... That is why when people ask who I am rooting for I am always like "go habs go"... Hmmm maybe with the game tonight my body step/body pump classes will only be half full.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 04-20-2004, 08:25 PM   #10  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Popping In...

Hello, ladies! It's late, so maybe nobody will see this, but I'll yammer anyway. It's day two of the SBD for me, I sure hope this is working! I'm not super-thrilled with this diet so far because I constantly feel like I'm probably doing something wrong. I'm really disappointed in the book because it doesn't provide the guidance that I need--I hate not having a lot of structure (for example, SBD doesn't tell you what your portion size should be and I'm afraid that I'm having too big of portions). Luckily, there are places where I can get help for my problem.

Anyway, sorry about that. Despite the fact that I'm not sure I'm eating right for this diet, I've been exercising. Aaron and I took a nice, long leisurely stroll last night. Today, I met a friend to walk at the Y. I think Aaron and I are going to take another walk tonight. It's right around 70 degrees here, and it's beautiful. I haven't started back to work yet at either job, that will probably be next week. I have to have a Dr.'s note, and I'll see him on Thursday to get my stitches out, and he'll probably release me back to work.

Kierie--My personal suggestion is to skip buying the book. I read the entire book and feel like I got more info from people online. But that's just my thoughts on it... Good luck with your project, dolly.

Ali--How long did it take you to reach your goal weight? Sometimes I feel so frustrated, like I'm never going to get back into the "swing" of losing weight again and that I'm destined to be heavy forever. It's a relief to me to know that someone who made it all the way still has relapses--it reminds me that people who make goal are still human, too. Your post today on willpower is good, thought-inspiring stuff. Thanks for posting your thoughts/feelings. I particularly like the part where you said you'd view it like an athlete--very good!

Belle--Holy cow! I can't believe how big Carmen has gotten. It's hard to believe she was sick when she was born! Now, do you just have one sister? Or do these nieces belong to different siblings?

KT--Saying no shouldn't be as hard as it is, should it? I don't understand it either, and probably never will. Sometimes I think that if I understood it, I wouldn't have so much trouble saying no. Crystal Light singles? Oh my gosh, I wish I knew where to get those in Nebraska.

OK, Aaron is snoring on the couch. I gotta go get myself ready for a walk and try to wake him up, so I better get moving. See you guys soon!
Closed Thread