South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 07:08 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Tuesday Talks

Moring chickies looks like I am the early bird this morning. Where are you sleepy heads. I am up showered dressed, laundry started, beds made, dishes in the sink and a pot of tea on. Feeling pretty good except this cough is lingering. Well I am going to go fill up my tea cup I will check back in later.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Been up for a while but goofing off on the Net, Little Chick. Now the Girls are woofing at the terrorists so I need to go reward them with potty and petting. I'll be back in a bit. Don't forget you are an hour ahead of us central Canada sleepyheads!
Old 02-24-2004, 07:45 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

OOOppps forgot about the time difference Ruthie. Forgive me
Old 02-24-2004, 07:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Cheez! Even if she's an hour ahead of us, Little Chick has already done more than I'll do all day!
Take care of that cough, Little Chick.

Another lovely day, Ruthie! I'm going to the Y. (damnit) And I'm asigning myself the rest of the week, free and ALONE! So don't anybody come knocking on my door!

Okay, Lizzie... 6 pounds it is! We can handle that. (surely to goodness )

Hey, girls... I found this magazine in the drugstore last night... I forget what it is... some natural health thingy. Anyhow, there's an article in it talking about using calcium as a weight loss aid. Apparently if you're not getting enough calcium, your body stores fat more efficiently. I picked up a big bottle of the stuff last night. I think you need to take 1000mg a day. But don't take it all at once. Maybe one in the morning and one in the afternoon. something, something, something... I just woke up... if you want more info, I'll read the article again.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:04 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

Ellis I was told that if you take your calicum before bed that it is absorbed better as you and not going to the bathroom so much it kinda makes sense.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking

HI Ladies,
I just wanted to see if I could jump in? I started SBD today, or should say starting....
My name is Penny, 23 married and SAHM to 3 boys, 4,3, and 8 months.
After my last son I am gaining weight instead of losing it
Now I am trying to get back on track.

Hope you ladies don't mind if I start posting here with ya

Have a great day, I will check back in later.

Have a great on plan day

Penny
Old 02-24-2004, 08:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin beachsters! it's one of those mornings! Dunno why I'm in such a loonie mood Because it's a dreary day here today and rainy.

Gee little chick, wanna come over to my place and do my laundry? I'm up and dressed and at work...an hour early as usual. I gotta get a life. I don't know why I get here so early.

ellis, I'd like to hear more about the calcium too. Sounds real interestin.

Good to meet ya, Penny! We don't mind you postin here

Sure hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:28 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup! I read that too, Ellis. Now I just have to remember to take the darn stuff! Geez, it was so much simpler when we just didn't bother with vitamins and ate whatever we felt like eating. Is this progress? I'd damned well better live longer!

Little Chick, from what you've done so far today, you sound like you are really on the mend. By the way, I think your avatar is really cute. You look like a Little Chick. The Hunk isn't bad either. (I live vicariously!)

Mompen, Welcome! Of course you can post on this or any thread! There are no cliques on this Forum. With kids those ages I bet you are a SAHM! How on earth could you go out to work! I've gained since I had my son too and he's 40 now.

Harry is eating his old fashioned oatmeal with raisins and loving it and I am trying to decide what to eat for breakfast. The scale shocked me this morning although I know it's water weight so I am going to boot myself back onto Phase I! Enough messing around! I ended up having a sandwich on real bread with cold cuts for lunch yesterday instead of my planned protein shake. Sometimes I wonder about my brain! I need a Mommy to prepare my meals and nag me. I did walk though - once for the paper and once to the bank. Don't be too impressed! The bank is so close, I could see it from here if they took down a building or two!

Harry's physiotherapist comes this morning. It seems like she was here just last week but I'm wrong again! It's too bad she never gives us a set time but just sort of shows up. At least I've got her pinned down to morning! She's the one who brings treats for The Girls! I'd better get out there and chip away some of the hard snow at the bottom step as she slipped there last time. Guilt is a great motivation!

I'm outta here after I stoke the darn woodstove. Hersh and I are walking down for the paper and then it'll be coffee and loafing until the physio gets here.

Big wave to all I've missed or are late getting in this morning.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #9  

Welcome mompen!

Good morning all. I feel like it's going to be another good day. I had a great workout with my trainer this morning...at 6:00a.m.! He's cute so it makes it a bit easier. Now I'm at work and ready to go. I hope my energy level stays high becaue I have class tonight. Tuesdays are VERY long days for me. Oh well. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #10  
Reeling Reverend

As usual, I'm the late bird.. no worm for me (except for my groovy new avatar!)

Mooooorning, chicks!!

L.C.-Dear god, but you're busy! That's what I do in a week, and I need a nap!!

Ruth- stil the weight from the 40 y/o son. Again,

Ellis- Good call on the calcium. I already take three pills in the morning, and now I have to take another one... sheesh! in they go...

Hey Penny! Welcome!! Why is it that only one monetary unit gets a name... I don't know anyone named Nickel, or Quarter, or Pound!!

Motts- I'm with you. Why do I bother getting here early? I should spend time with my hooch and coffee instead of with my computer!

Slim- 6 am? My alarm starts bugging me at 6! Then comes the boyfriend, then the dog... No trainer, though. You go girl!!

As for me... Rainy day here in the Nation's Capital. I found a GREAT job that I'm going to send my resume to this morning (yes, from my current job, I'm a horrible employee...) It's a meetings coordinator position! I love that stuff. Color coding, here I come!

It's a no go to Philly this weekend. We're hurting so badly financially that we can't even take an overnighter to Philly. Oh, well. It'll be a productive weekend here, I'm sure. I'm going to start sanding the hallway for the chic almondish paint I picked up. Back to work for me...

Have a BEAUTIFUL day, ladies! I'm eating an apple today! I'm so excited!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 09:33 AM   #11  

Default Greetings!

Good Morning to you all!
Well...I decided to weigh in this morning to see the damage from my fantastic french piggy weekend...not too bad a t all..up 1/2 a pound...so I am thrilled.
I expected more.
I have decided to go back to Phase 1 for this week to detox again...I just feel icky after all that heavy, carb-y food (as lucious as it was!!! umm-ummm!)
My children are back from vacation w/ their dad & are absolutly miserable!
Over tired, over-stimulated, whiny, and tempermental (sorry kids, but real-life isn't Disney world!)...I had a lovely, quiet evening planned with them, got Chinese food, rented a movie..turned into mayhem..the best laid plans...
My DS (4), has returned from the warm weather with a nasty, runny, sneezy cold, and he keeps falling down because he feels like the ship is still rocking!
Poor little guy!
My DD (6 going on 30), had her hair braided into 27 corn rows on an island, and looks adorable! (altho...I'm not sure how I'mm ever un-braid them..they are sooo tightly done.)
Well, better start working here...have a great OP day ladies!
Jan
----------------------------
SW: 163/ CW: 149 1/2 (hehehe)/GW: 138
Old 02-24-2004, 09:57 AM   #12  
I got Madonna tickets!

Good morning, Girls.
It sounds like everyone is having a productive day! Our email server at work is down, so I am feeling very disjointed being knocked out of my routine already today!

Ellis, I have heard that about calcium. I eat a lot of cheese on this diet, is there danger if you get TOO much???

I ordered this book, "Low Carb Comfort Foods" -- has anyone else seen it? Some of the recipes are high in fat but easy to fix, I think. BUT there are recipes for bread, and pasta and pizza dough, etc, so I am going to pick maybe three things and try them out on Sunday. Has anyone tried any of them?

An apple was my only P2 carb yesterday. Today, I had a piece of 12-grain toast with breakfast, and that will be my only P2 carb today, I imagine.

I had a bad week last week. It's all the stress, I think. I have to have a pelvic ultrasound on Thursday for this ovary pain I have been having, AND I have to have a mammogram. I am a little nervous about them both. We have a history of breast cancer in my family and I have been having some unusual pains there, hence the mammogram. So, I am anxious and that is causing me to want to eat off-plan.

Well, I am sure it's fine.

Sorry for the rant. I hope everyone has a good day and manages to follow their hearts and realize their dreams!!!

-Dynagrrl.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:13 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning beach babes
Ruth~~Are you still using your SAD light? I've been using mine , as we have been having some dreary weather lately, and it really does help.

I took a few days off of painting and am gonna back with it today. DH brought in an extension ladder so I can reach the top of the foyer (1 1/2 story). He said that he would help when he got home~yeah, right!!

Crystal~~I'm painting with the same basic color. I'm using "linen" and "cappaucinno"~~I love how it looks !!! I hope you enjoy yours as much

I spent some time with DH last night going over the plans for the kitchen remodel. We finally came to an agreement on the lighting (how many, where, undercounter, etc). We won't be able to do this until next Spring but the plans will be ready.

I'm doing good with the SB (had 98% FF popcorn) but starting Ash Wednesday I will be 100% OP.

Everybody have a wonderful day at the beach and if I don't fall off the ladder, I'll check back in later this afternoon.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Dynagirl~~ I am sending you goodvibes : and prayers to you for your upcomming tests. I know the waiting is hard but try not to worry too much. Let us know how they go.

The low carb comfort cookbook: is it by Michael and Mary Eades? If it is, i have the book but haven't made any of the recipies yet. There are some wonderful sounding baked goods recipes that I am going to try as soon as I get into phase 2. DH is going to buy me a chocolate-brown Kitchen Aid stand mixer for my birthday and that is the first thing that I want to make with it. Let me know how the recipes turn out.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:23 AM   #15  

morning ladies!!!
i am very late checking in today. i had to go to school this am to help my dd register for high school!!! i am very happy to see her growing up and also very excited for her starting this new chapter in her life of course. but the evil selfish mommy in me wants to lock her in her room for the next 20years. anyway she ended up taking college prep courses and french and art as electives, so we will celebrate later, with what i don't know yet but i love to celebrate the little stuff so we will do something special this evening.
i'm still staying op had 1 good carb yesterday(apple) and had a piece of whole wheat toast this am with my egg. still not ready to jump into phase 2 full throttle.
ellis i also read an article about calcium it reccomended calcium with vitamin d to help with the absorbtion of the calcium. i started taking it when i started sbd 2 x a day 600mg, i haven't noticed any difference either way but hope what i read is true, i need all the help i can get.
well hello to everyone i hope you all have a great day
Closed Thread