Running Babe

Default Totally Tuesday

Hey all,

BBIAB to post!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:31 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Ali!

Take care of yourself Kim!

Rina - any chance that you could at least make your bedroom off-limits to your brother? You and your dh do deserve some space that is just for you guys.

And there my memory fails me from yesterday.

WI last night. Down 2.2lbs. This is my danger zone. The point at which my pants are all slightly loose so I feel skinny and promptly eat my weight back on. I think that if I can just make it a week or 2 without falling into that pattern, I'll be alright.

Was really sore from the firm tapes I'd done the last 2 days so this morning I just did some yoga. I feel all stretchy now!

I really need to clean out drawers, cupboards, and closets this week/weekend. Yuck! I'm good at keeping things organized but not very good at getting them into shape. I some how never get my kitchen to that practical state of putting dishes near the dish washer, etc.

BBL.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:55 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Morning all,

I Still have a sore throat and am not that well, but thanks to advil cold and sinus I have enough energy to come to work.

Here's a situation I wouldn't mind getting some advice from. When a guy hits on a girl who has a boyfriend (and the girl has mentioned her boyfriend several times and she's very serious about her bf) and procedes to contact her and to hit on her and make her feel uncomfortable within the communication and she ignores the said communication twice since she feels that the guy is disrespecting her (she's known the guy for 20 years and he lives one street away from her parents house), if the person tries to contact her again, should she just ignore it, or tell the guy not to contact her again. I feel it should be the latter, but some people say it should just be ignored. The problem is, is that the guy contacted her twice with the exact same message, some fear that this guy might be slightly obsessed with her. The girl on the otherhand has mentioned she's taken. She also has no intention on ever having him as a romantic interest (even if she was single, this guy is definitely not her type).

Just a note though, the guy didn't expressly ask her out, but he called her a fox and kind of implied he wanted to see a lot more of her. The girl also received both messages at the same time on the same day and has been trying to think what to do (they were sent at an earlier period, she just had no time to check her messages).

any suggestions, thoughts, comments?

Thanks!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 09-16-2003 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:13 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Laura: congrats on your loss... I know, I got back to my WW and then ate badly all weekend; I was back OP yesterday though, but I do have my goal of 148 I owuld like to reach, hopefully by Halloween that I should concentrate on.

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-16-2003, 10:49 AM   #5  
Divine Gal

Good Morning Ladies

Congrats Laura on your loss

Ali: Hi, I would tell the guy to get lost because he is not respecting her. Plus if he is doing that whats next?

BBIAB
Old 09-16-2003, 11:06 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Lynnie!

Ali - 1) def. make it clear that no contact should be taking place. 2) start a journal keeping record of all contact that takes place after the demand to be left alone.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:19 AM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning!

Rina-- I hope you feel better soon. Is there any way to tell how long your brother will be staying with you? And for the meantime, I agree with Laura, make some rooms (like your bedroom) off-limits so that you can still get some alone-time with your dh.

Laura - hey! I love that feeling after yoga where you're just all loose and flexible. Way to go on the 2.2!!!

Ali - definitely tell the guy to back off in a direct way. If the attention is unwanted and unnecessary, he should not be bothering her!

Hey lynnie!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:49 AM   #8  

Ali - I agree with Laura. You must do those things. It sounds like he has no boundaries and and doesn't respect others boundaries and that can be a dangerous situation.

Congrats on the weightloss. Hello everyone. I can't keep up with you guys. I hope that you all are doing well.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:27 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

What a day, it is almost lunch time and I am starving. Hellllpp... no time to work out today either, so less points for me. I am stressed trying to get things done on my quilt, and also work is always a stress. I wonder what the simple life is and how I can get it!!!

Last night I was home alone with the kids... and the in-laws decided to "see" if we were home. So here I am, trying to get Emma to eat, feed Kate and the dog is driving me mad. Luckily hubby had just called and said he was on the way home.... Not soon enough for me tho. Then they decided to stay until the kids bedtime, so I got nothing done at all!!!!

Ali... definately need to say something directly. Sometimes avoidence gives the guy the idea that you are playing with him.

Laura... yahooo on the loss. Stick to your guns and make it one more week. Then one more week after that.... then it gets easier.

OK, gotta run.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:49 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Hey all - I am back from my trip and exhausted - I have had a horrible TOM and skipped WI due the fact that I didnt' want to be disappointed!!

I will WI on Thursday. I have a lot of catching up to do on the posts, but I'll do today's first.

Ali - this girl, I feel sorry for. I have been in teh same sort of situation myself, and it's hard b/c part of me liked the attention (ego-booster for me) but was also freaked out and at teh same time, I knew I had to stop it, though I didn't want to hurt this guy, in case he really was obsessed and went a little weirdo. In the end, I told him that I was totally dedicated to my b/f (and this was an old b/f, it was a long time ago) and that I appreciated his attention but that I had to cut off contact. He was OK with it!

Laura - yay on your 2.2!! At least you know your danger zone and can try to avoid sabotaging yourself!

Jen - your inlaws!! They are always up to something, eh??

Well hi to the rest, I have to run will BBL!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:49 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Crystal & Angie!

JenL - We get calls all the time on Fridays "We will be in town on Saturday, we'll see everyone at XXXX." Even that isn't enough notification for me. I can't imagine a same evening in-law drop in. Ugh!

Ladies....I may be crazy. A friend just talked me into signing up to walk a 1/2 marathon at Disney in January. What am I thinking?
Old 09-16-2003, 01:00 PM   #12  
Started IP 1/8/13

Laura - you're thinking how freakin' cold it is in the midwest in January - Florida would be awesome! Besides, it could be worse... you could be RUNNING!

Belle - hope you feel better soon
Old 09-16-2003, 01:21 PM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Girls, I am having withdrawals. I haven't been able to log on since midday friday. I don't even have time to read today's posts but I wanted all of you to know that I am "on the wagon" and I will weigh in again on Friday!

Becky
Old 09-16-2003, 01:22 PM   #14  

Default Good morning

Just had to say hi to everyone - will read posts later and send a reply - very crazy work morning. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Faith
Old 09-16-2003, 04:19 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/8/13

Okay I've totally got chocolate on the brain. I'm about to succumb but I'm going to try and hold out another half hour or so... I have a feeling that this is a craving that won't go away though! Help!
Closed Thread