Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 07:49 AM   #1  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Totally Tuesday!

Good morning everyone!
Sorry I've been incognito, things have been CrAzY!

So if anyone isn't already starting a thread for Tuesday ... here's looking at ya!

I've got to go get us ready - time to drop off the rental & p/up my truck! Yeaaaa!

I've got no real food left in the house, so that means I MUST go food shopping today. Lunch today @ work is a total Burger King run. But the healthy stuff ... so it's OK.

Talk to you all later on! Miss you guys! I feel so out of the loop.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:08 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! I'm sorry that I didn't make it back to post again yesterday, but it I was insanely busy! Between running back and forth between buildings, I had a doctor's appointment, two lesson plans that had to be finished immediately, and I needed to leave early to get my oil changed. It was a stressful day. I was happy to get home last night and relax. Except I didn't really relax--after spending the day being super-productive, I couldn't stop. I did a bunch of cleaning, put my down comforter on (it's getting chilly in NE), cleaned up my craft room, played with the guinea pigs, ran some errands, etc...

Marcy--Congratulations on your engagement!

Deb--You're getting your truck back, yay!!

Ok, I'm going to do a little work now (after I see if anyone's posted at the same time as me) and will stop back in later today.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:14 AM   #3  

How many guinee pigs do you have Jess? Any other pets? Who else has pets? I LOVE ANIMALS!

I just did my one mile Walk Away the Pounds tape for the first time. For someone who has not exercised in a year, it was a pretty good place to start. I am going to do the one mile for a couple weeks, then try the two mile. I feel gooooood!
Old 09-24-2002, 09:19 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Marcy-- I have three guinea pigs. Their names are Violet, Kisses, and Petunia. (Obviously all girls).

OK, I really better get some work done now.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:51 AM   #5  

I played with guinea pigs at the zoo yesterday...in the children's zoo. I always make Matt go in there...even though we dont have kids. I love to play with the animals!

I have one dog name Casey...she is a 55 lb golden retriever/australian cattle dog mix. She thinks she is a lap dog!
Old 09-24-2002, 10:22 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

MARCIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations..... that is so wonderful. Wow.... what a birthday present. Oh man!

Morning Jess....sounds like yuo got lots done yesterday, so that's good... hopefully tonight will be more relaxing.

Morning Deb! We missed you too!!

Okay... so going out to lunch for a friends b-day AND going out to dinner with Brian tonight... so I'm freaking because WI is tomorrow... I'm going to TRY and get a salad for lunch so I can have a decent dinner... UGH!!!

Lisa
Old 09-24-2002, 12:17 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default Good Tuesday morning girls....

Hi girls!! Marcie, I am so happy for you!! Woo hoo!! Congratulations on your engagment. Describe the ring!!

Hi Jess - I have a hamster and 2 dogs, but the dogs live with my mom at her house (for at least 3 more months, then who knows, I think they will go live with my sister until I get a house or a place that takes doggies!). My "illegal" hamster lives with me and b/f. Jess, can you send me some of that energy of yours? That's crazy!! You were very productive.

I had a weekend like that. On Saturday I did house work at our apt and bought my niece and the new baby some gifts. Then on Sunday, my sisters, thier hubbies, b/f and I cleaned out mom's basement. It was hard b/c there were all of my toys and things from childhood/teenagehood there that I had to either pack and store or throw away. I threw away a lot of crap - old notes, letters journals - but even that was difficult. I kept my special toys and the ones that were good I gave to good will. it wasn't easy though. I found myself at my apt after crying. B/f was totally sweet about it and he hugged me and told me that this was my home now, here with him. it was a pretty special moment.... (awwww....how cute is he, eh?).

Anyway, then yesterday I worked 10 hours without a break and came home and died. My friend bailed from belly dancing (again!) and I didn't go alone, instead I passed out on the couch and slept. This bug is getting me down!! I was productive at work though, and I have a nice clean apartment....! Tonight - need groceries! Mac and Cheese is not very OP.

Hi Lisa!! I am sure you'll be fine at WI tomorrow....good luck tonight and at lunch!!

On the WW front, although I have been sick, I have eaten high fat foods lately, and been over every day since i got back from my trip. I feel horrible about it..I maintained this week (WI this morning) and I know I could have lost, had I not given myself the license to eat more since I was not feeling well. I hate it when I do that to myself, its a form of sabotage. Now I must pull up my socks and admit that I can't do that and lose weight. I want to be down significantly by xmas - and I need willpower....Can someone please send me some willpower?? If I could lose 48lbs, why oh why cna't I get it together to lose 35 more?? You know what it is, is that I journal the first 2 days of the week then I slack off , and the weekend is particularly bad for me - I almost totally ignore journalling and do the "mental" thing. Does anyone else do that?? OK I am also checkign out a gym at lunch with my co-worker. Its $50/month and we get $500/year toward fitness, so its almost free - I pay just al ittle bit per year. I think if I join, I'll work out at lunch or in the morning, b/c after work I am too tired!! Help you guys...I am really struggling. I think I need a kick in the *** or something.....???

HEY- has anyone seen Kim?? Her wedding is comeing up and I am wondering how she's doing....I'll email her perhaps....

Well, I am going back to check on what else happened yesterday, as I have not looked yet....

Love B
Old 09-24-2002, 12:55 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Seems slow today but hi to everyone, Marcie, Jess, Belle, Lisa and Deb. I'm not feeling too great today - I hope I'm not getting the flu - on a bright note, if I do - I get paid sick days - YAY! I love having a "real" job. OK - Back to work before someone catches me surfing.
KT
Old 09-24-2002, 01:36 PM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

I did not have salad at lunch I had a grilled chicken sandwhich, which wasn't that bad... but also had fries. I feel so awful about it, especially since I'm going to dinner with brian... why do I do these things?

Belle.... well, maintaining is good then.... not gaining is always a plus.

KT - I hope you feel better soon sweatheart.

Lisa
Old 09-24-2002, 02:10 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... I am officially a chubster. My belly is pooching out so much and it is not baby pooch. Hope I am not gaining a ton, I am not weighing myself, so I don't know. I put on nylons this morning and they cut into my tummy so bad that I had to take them off at noon. I look dumb, but feel better.

Work sucks and I so don't want to be here. Attitudes here still suck too! Ughhh....
Old 09-24-2002, 03:24 PM   #11  

Hi All....

I am new to this forum, so I wasn't sure where to introduce myself. I hope I don't sound like I'm butting into your conversation!

I started the WW at Work program in June, but did not have any success due mainly to the fact that I golf on the same day as the meetings, so I missed most of them. Then at the end of July I broke my ankle so that threw another wrench into the works.

However, I started again last week, a new session....so hopefully I'll be able to stick with it this time. My second weigh-in is tonight and I've been exercising all week - not so good on the diet though - so I'll see if it has made a difference.

Oh before I forget....I'm 26 years old and engaged since April 15th of this year.....my wedding date is tentatively set for June 7th. So I've really got something to work for!

At any rate, I thought this forum might be helpful and that maybe I could contribute as well.

Thanks!

Jodi
Old 09-24-2002, 03:43 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Welcome Jodi. Your not butting in, your joining in!! Feel free to post whenever, we love new people.

Congrats on your engagement. I am newly PG with my second child, so I am kind of out of the WW game for a bit. I am also 30, but so are a bunch of other people, we just hate to leave the family we have here.

Welcome.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:43 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls this is short and sweet will post more later
MARCIEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAPPY BELATED BDAY and CONGRATS
and you have the cutest dog!
right back to the grind will post properly once the boss leaves
Old 09-24-2002, 03:48 PM   #14  

Hi girls!

I am here, just in and out of my office. Welcome Jodi!! Hi Kier, Jess, Lisa, Deb, Jen, and a big congrats to Marcie!!!!!

I will try to post more later or else tomorrow morning!

Allergies are killing me.....
Old 09-24-2002, 04:09 PM   #15  
One Sick Puppy

Howdy all! Just stopping back in...

Productivity today is exactly opposite from how it was yesterday. I haven't hardly accomplished anything. However, I'm attributing it to how crappy I feel. I have this headache that just won't go away today and a little bit of a sore throat. Plus, I have to stay an extra hour, so I figured I better spread my work out. (Likely excuse)...

Marcy--I love animals too! I'm one of those people who inevitably feels bad for one and wants to take it home, though. (That's how I wound up with Kisses and Petunia). And your little (55 lb) Casey is absolutely adorable!

Lisa--Darn it! I was here earlier and knew I should have sent you some salad vibes. It's all my fault... But really, a chicken sandwich is good. It shows that even when giving into temptation, you made a healthy selection. And even skinny people can't say no to fries all the time. (As your skinny behind has shown us today). Are you still kicking yourself? If so, I'm afraid I'm going to have to get tough and tell you to knock it off. It's not worth ruining a perfectly good day stressing over.

Belle--Ahhhh, how sweet of your BF! It's nice to have them there to support us through times like those. Hope you're feeling better soon, kiddo! As far as the kick in the *** goes... that's tough. I've been doing remarkably well so far this week, but it's only Tuesday and I haven't really been faced with much temptation. What I've started doing is reading through my books that I got at my first meetings, re-reading Thin for Life (a huge motivator for me when I first started) and just remembering what a big deal my goal weight is. I've also had some added motivation here at work: the girls I work with think that my goal weight is too thin and that I'll look sickly. Well, my goal is the top of the WW healthy weight range and my Dr said it sounded like a healthy weight for me, so I'm going to reach it just to show the girls here how NOT sickly I can look. Maybe you just need a goal like that?

Jen--I'm having the same troubles here at work... Attitudes suck here, everyone gossips about everyone and the girl that got hired that hates me and currently makes less than me and is lower on the food chain will probably get hired as something higher than me and make more money than me. There is just so much BS around here. Yikes, now I sound like I have the attitude.

OK I'm going to get some more work done. I'll probably stop back in again, since I'm stuck here for another almost two hours.
Closed Thread