Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 09:01 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Hump Day! YAY! Wed~Sept 17th

BBTP!
Old 09-17-2003, 09:24 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Finally! I have a few moments to post. All is well on the WWers front. In fact I did an unofficial WI this a.m. and I was down another 1.5 but I will wait till Friday to officially change my sig. I wouldn't mind losing another pound in the next 2 days I weighed in this a.m. b/c although I have been staying within my points I have been eating more junk (Dh's b-day celebrations) like pizza, Red Robin, Outback. I even had BK on Sunday BUT I have been eating 1/2 portions so that I can stay within my point range. Anyways I was nervous about a gain due to the junk food. Today and tomorrow I have NO plans to eat out so that should be good.

I may only remember a few of the posts from the last few days but I will give it a whirl.

Kim~ BE SAFE! I watched the guy on the Weather Channel last night standing by the shore line and reporting and I thought of you. Check in with us and let us know how things are going.

Jayne~ I am so happy that the ultra sound went well. Congratulations!! I had a dream last night that I had a baby! The funny part is that in my dream I was asleep and feeling no pain until I had to push the baby out I am sure it won't be like that in real life. Such a bummer Oh and BTW we are hair cut twins! Glad to hear it!

Rina~ Congrats on emailing your dad. I wouldn't sweat whether or not her returns the email. Just know that you are mature enough to be honest and that you can rest easy b/c you were the bigger person. I am proud of you

Angie and Faith~ Yes, I still love my haircut! I did it curly for the first time on Monday and loved it.

Faith~ Congrats on the pounds lost!!

Jen~ How's the quilt coming. We would love to see pics of your work. Oh and CONGRATULATIONS on the potty training!!

Laura~ I totally know what you mean. I am considering starting to wear my tighter clothes that I am not particularly comfortable in at least once a week to remind myself that although my 14's are getting loose I don't want to be in loose 14's I want to be in loose 12's, 10's etc. BTW Workout QUEEN My WATP for the Abs stretchy cords broke yesterday I was so bummed. But I will press on Are you still liking those FIRM tapes?

Ali~ I would just let the guy know that although it is flattering it is making you uncomfortable b/c you are in a committed relationship!

Belle~ TOM sucks!!! IF there is ever a reason to skip WI that would be a good one. Glad your back from your business trip.

Well back to work! Hi everyone that I missed! I will BBL
Old 09-17-2003, 09:50 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Becky! Good job staying on track despite the eating challenges you were facing. Your idea about wearing slighty tight clothes once a week is brillant! I may have to steal that. Can you buy some kind of substitute stretchy bands at a sporting goods store?

So this morning I'm doing the Firms Super Cardio Sculpt and I realized that I talk to the video. In my head. Incessantly. I provide running commentary on everything the instructors say, their form (like I'm some kind of goddess), their outfits, their hair, etc., etc. Does anyone else do this?

I'm a little nervous about this 1/2 marathon I signed up for. I know I'm only walking it but I don't think I've ever walked more than 6 or 7 miles in a stretch and usually only 2 to 4. I'm concerned that training to walk that far won't leave me time for workouts I enjoy like the firm or yoga. Plus, and this is slightly stupid, I really, really hate hot weather. And if I remember right, FL is one of those warm states. I guess I just need to get on the web and find a decent training program.

Must work. Have a good day.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Hey all,

Hmmm about what I wrote yesterday, personally I don't find it flattering at all, I find it disrespectful and creepy... I saw a good friend of mine go nuts as a girl pursued her boyfriend (though she knew the girl, and this girl was VERY aggressive

On to much happier topics I am so right now... My man and I have decided to start living together in January I told my mom this morning and though she's respecting it sorta, I know she isn't overly happy. She likes my man and all, but wished I had two rings on my finger... Even though she was common-law with my dad before they married... (edited not to confuse)

Rina; I am so proud of you for emailing you dad as well. That must have taken a lot of courage... Take heart, I check my hotmail account like once or twice a week.. so maybe he hasn't read it yet or isn't aware that he has received it.

Laura: When's the half-marathon, if it's in the winter it shouldn't be overly hot at that point. Maybe train up to the distance slowly. Hopefully there will be a site to help ya!

Take care!

ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 09-17-2003 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Becky: take heart, I have had a bad food week as well, they happen.. I'll try to be good until my bday
Old 09-17-2003, 11:01 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Good morning girls!

Ali – it is disrespectful…what are you going to do? Make sure he is not scary or has scary tendancies before you do anything… Congrats on the moving in decision.

OH I have posted the picture of you and me on our web site…the address is:
http://members.shaw.ca/eman/paula&emmanuel/NB.html

B/f spelled your name wrong, but I’ll fix it this weekend…

Laura – I think you’ll do awesome – I ran a 5K in July – I NEVER thought I could do it! I am walking 5.5K on Sunday for my niece with the heart condition. Should be fun – my whole family is going. Now you have inspired me to go to the gym! Due to my insane business trips I haven’t gone in three weeks! Now I feel all lazy and gross – though I did bike in the weekend…

Well, I better get my butt back to work!

Have a good OP day and I”ll check in later.

PS – am seriously considering skipping WI this week altogether, but feel guilty….might go tomorrow if TOM is better…
Old 09-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ali~ It sounds like he has reached stalker status. I kind of thought it was more innocent I guess. Hmmm, I guess take more serious precautions if you feel you are at risk. Good luck.

Belle~ Hey cute pics!!

Laura~ Glad that you liked my idea. I just thought of it this morning. I am planning to see if my DH can fix it but if not I may look to purchase some stretch bands.

BBL!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:20 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

OH as for commentaries - I don't do a lot of videos, but at class I totally do that - I get very amused by the instructor, participants, etc...!! Especially thin/flabby girls that take huge weights and then have trouble controlling them
Old 09-17-2003, 11:47 AM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Ali - Congrats on moving in! Hopefully, it won't be such the process as it was with us. Did I hear you say married soon? Define soon? I keep telling CB in the next year. He keeps telling me in 2 or 3. Hee! I just don't see the point in waiting at our ages if we've already committed to building a home together.

Becky - Are you near a Galyan's? They usually have ever fitness gadget known to mankind.

Belle - Awesome picture of you and Ali. You girls are so gorgeous! Also, I always thought your screen name was your actual name too!

Later.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:05 PM   #10  
Running Babe

I'll BBL to post the rest, but here;s a very quick not

Becky: it's definitely not there yet (well I hope not)... I just find the situation creepy that's all... I'll just be cautious! Thanks for your concern.

Ali
Old 09-17-2003, 12:14 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Laura: na, it's just very common-place where I live for people to live together for 5-10 years before they get married and many don't get married at all... I would prefer a less than that... he's dropped the m word in joking format, but we haven't really discussed it yet.. I don't want to scare him off.

Belle: it's a good pic My hair wasn't great that day, but hey the humidity was wretched if I recall. I dyed my hair a few shades darker now... Hmm I think I will probably have to tell him to leave me alone.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 09-17-2003, 12:19 PM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls, no time to post properly. I managed to be Op for one whole day. I will do it today too. I'm just going to take it one day at a time. As for making our bedroom off limits to my brother its not gonna happen b/c we have to have the computer in here & he needs it for school work & then he gets on the net or some game for too long. He's driving me bonkers. We can't stop fighting. It doesn't look like he'll be moving out until the end of the school year. The governmant only gave him $400 a month to live on. He's workign part-time but that barely covers his other bills so he's staying here for cheap rent. Unless some miracle happens we're stuck with him. Frustrating.

Belle, great pics!
Ali, congrats on the move in! Maybe if telling that guy to leave you alone, you boyfriend could talk to him?
Laura, good luck with the half marathin training
Becky, I'm proud of you for staying OP with all the bday food celebrations!
Anyone heard from Kim? I hope she's safe.
A big hello to everyone else
Old 09-17-2003, 12:56 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

A quick hello to everyone before I go on my break. Everything is starting slowly. I like the tight clothes idea because that's what reminded me how much weight I've gained in the last year. I got sick so I haven't done my tae boa in a couple of days. I must do it tonight! I've also starting looking at condos. I'll check back in when I get more time.
KT
Old 09-17-2003, 01:31 PM   #14  
Divine Gal

Default Good afternoon sunshines

Hiya everyone. I hope your days are going just as well as mine is.At quarter till 12 I put a pork shoulder and saurkraut in the oven...After I am done here I am going to start on chili for either thursday or friday.I will let it sit for a day or so; so the flavors are all combined.Don't ya just love chili the day after its made.YUMMY!!!
I have all this energy and I think its cause I am PMSing. *snickers* OH I found this really great recipe for Broccoli and Cheddar Soup. Its very lowfat and for 12 oz, its 2 points.

Broccoli and Cheddar soup

1 quart (4 cups) water
6 cups broccoli florets
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 (10.5 ounce) cans reduced sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1. Bring 1 quart water to boil in large soup pot. Add broccoli and cook for 7 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender. Add broccoli and onion mixture in a blender or food processor and pulse blend into small pieces. Combine yogurt and flour in a large saucepan and mix well with a wire whisk. Add broth and next 4 ingredients and stir well. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli mixture and 3/4 cup cheese and heat until cheese is melted. Top with remaining cheese and serve.
Makes 10 Servings
Serving Size: 12 ounces
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 105
Total fat: 4 grams
Saturated fat: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 280 mg
Carbohydrate: 9 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Dietary fiber: 2 grams

I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Have a great day all.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:35 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Hey everyone guess what!?!! I just got offered the promotion I applied for and I accepted it!! It's better pay and my own office and very similar work although it is more detailed than what I do now. I will be a financial assistance advisor. It will keep me busy and pay me more until I go back to school next September. I'm very happy!!
KT
Closed Thread