Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 11:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default W. O. W. Women on Weed and the Summer Melt

Women on... WHAT??

"Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since, we love to add new friends too. We use the word "WEED" as a reminder to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

We would love to have you join this challenge! When you do, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Jump right in and introduce or reintroduce yourself! Everyone is always welcome!

Last edited by mothermavis; 07-08-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #2  

I am Mavis. 50 years old and a member here for 10 years, just realized that. Guess it's about time I lose this weight for good!

I am married with two adult kids, two fur babies and an ancient bird. Work keeps me stressed to the max. I swear too much and run too little. Need to get myself back on a healthy track.

Here we go!!

W 100
E Running and lifting, today is a rest day though!
E LCHF is my plan of choice. I know it works...if I stick to it
D If I fail to plan, I plan to fail. Need to take time for meal prep and exercise! I'm worth it!
Old 07-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #3  

Me again, trying to get back in the habit of getting here.
W 100 so far only coffee but I'll get there
E got both my run and my exercise in!
E so far only breakfast, but it was on plan
D I plan to keep on spending my time more on me and less on Facebook.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Mavis! I finally got back down to my personal best today! Vacay threw me for a loop, but I jumped back on the train and the scale is moving in the right direction again. I've been working a lot in my garden almost daily. It's done wonders for my hind quarters and stomach even though it seems like I'm always sore. ...no pain, no gain. I'm going to buy some kind of mini-weights soon, and with the help of a friend hopefully learn how to use them correctly.

W - 1 liter
E - not much today, mother in town
E - below plan for break/lunch for a little splurge at dinner
D - be nice to my mother
Old 07-09-2016, 04:26 PM   #5  

Nice job PQ!! Good for you on moving that scale! PS, I like your D!
Old 07-09-2016, 04:48 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Here I am!!

I am Jeni, 39. I have been down to 135 pounds and up to 216 lbs. Currently after hitting my highest weight ever, after an injury, I am down to 199.8 I walk a lot at work, that is how I have taken the weight off so far, but I really need to get my eating under control. My next goal is 191. That is my pre-injury weight. Before my injury I gained weight fast after starting Zoloft. After a year and almost 50 pounds, I switched to Prozac. I want to ultimately get down to the 140's.

W: at least 64 oz per day
E: 10000 steps per day. Easy on work days, tougher on days off.
E: 1500-1800 calories a day.
D: Move. As long as I am moving, I am doing something great for my body.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:06 PM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Holy Cow I was able to sign on!

Hallelujah! I made it back! What a pain in the..

Kris here. 45 and ready to thrive! Cheesy, I know. Married to my best friend. 4 kids in a blended family (one man cub and 3 teens) Ready to get my run on, get my weight off, and get my life balanced.

Back for personals later. Still shocked I was actually able to login!

LOVE AND MISSED YOU ALL!

Old 07-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #8  

Kris, welcome back! Amen to balance! Trying to find that too.

Jeni. I am always amazed by your step numbers at work. Mine are the opposite, I'm chained to my desk! I just sent out a workweek challenge on Fitbit! Those seem to help me move a bit more. I just downloaded the Pokemon game too, perhaps it will move me!

PQ, you are my hero, can't wait til I'm close to my lowest! Im close to my highest not pregnant weight. Ugh! Gardening sounds wonderful, we skipped it this year.

Mindy, hope to see you soon!

K9owner, Tuscany, Clykk, Lurchmomma, come on back!

Todays plan...
W 100
E run and day 2 of the 10 week workout!!!!!back to say, I nailed both!
E op and plan for success at work tomorrow
D 26 weeks from today, half a year away is my first full marathon. I will be ready!

Last edited by mothermavis; 07-10-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Morning all! I met yesterday's WEED and then some.....mom took a nap while we were in our loungers outside reading, so I got up and did alittle real weeding in the garden. Today we're doing brunch at a historical pub/restaurant with DD and her BF, so I kept my early morn breakfast calories low. I plan on getting back out in garden when we get back as I'm sure nap time will be repeated. And, I've just downloaded Pokemon Go on my phone....

W - 1 liter
E - on plan +
E - gardening
D - have a good time with family
Old 07-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #10  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Okay so here is teacher Mindy on summer break. I always think it should be so easy to lose weight during the summer. I am home all the time, no kids, no stress. Why doesnt this work. I work outside in the yard, get several walk/runs in each week, try to eat good.....GR!!!

I am currently doing WW. It is not helping. I may try out MFP..if I can figure it out. I lose a few, gain a few. That is my pattern. I need to do something shocking to this ole body. Not sure what yet.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Happy, Sore, Sunday Morning!

MM, You get that marathon!!!!! You Will do awesome!!

Kris, I'm glad you were able to log back on!

Mindy, I hope you find a way to break this plateau.

PQ, Great job on hitting your WEED.

I am so very sore today after that class yesterday. We used the TRX Rip bars which was so Awesome!! I also couldn't believe the amount of cardio I got from the boxing. I can't wait to do my next class!

W 64 oz
E 10000 steps
E 1800 cals today
D plan for the week, get DH involved.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:32 PM   #12  
Calorie Counter

I must admit i bought a punching bag and trx system today. Only making it to the class two times a month won't work for me. The Y offers a TRX class, but its the same thing. I will only be able to make two classes a month. If I did both classes that would be 100 dollars a month on top of my membership. I don't' think so. I will do the Boxfit class so I can spend time with my hubby, and learn some new stuff. But, I am feeling really great tonight! (I bought it as an "anniversary" gift for Will and I, but I must say that Tommy hasn't taken the gloves off yet!)

Last edited by jcatron243; 07-10-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:20 AM   #13  

Awesome, Jeni! Something you can do at home, and Tommy wants to work out too? Winner! I'm not familiar with TRX? Will Google that.

Very rainy weekend here in NY! Blech, no motorcycle time for me! I did get both runs in though. So that's positive. Today's a rest day so Im doing my 10 week workout, and have to find crosstraininbg cardio for tonight's time. YS is here til the end of the month, so Momma is happy. He was in Canada this vweekend for Comicon, so its nice to have him back.💖

Mindy, since you do have some time, check out MVP! Works with map my run too which is nice. I'm with you on the gain a few lose a few bus. Let's sort our menopausal selves out.

Kris, hope the weekend was awesome!

W 100
E day 3 and possibly jump rope?
E op, have everything ready for work today!
D leave work at work at 4:30, away from desk at lunch for a walk!
Old 07-11-2016, 11:14 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

https://www.trxtraining.com/products...iner-basic-kit This is what we used and what I bought. I was very impressed with the workout.

Tommy has been begging for a punching bag since Will started the class (It has almost been a year). He loves working out, but is to young for the YMCA weight room. Crossfit was great, but the instructor stopped teaching it after she had a baby.

W 64 oz
E 10000 steps, 15 minutes on the bag
E 1800 cals
D plan the week. Got too busy yesterday to do it.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 216/198/150

Hi, everyone! My name is Amber, I'm 26 y.o. and live in the currently hot and humid state of Nebraska. I have one monster of a cat, who likes to daydream about catching birds.

Bit of history on myself and my weight: I've been overweight my whole life. Recently though, my newest job has wrecked my mental and physical health. I've gained over twenty pounds over the last two years, and I've had enough. I want to be healthier again, which will also help my mental game. I'm finally going to get at least a few of my ducks in order. Its time to take care of me!

So, I'm pretty sure the name has me sold on this one... lol. And I LOVE that D stands for a daily goal/affirmation. That bit is brilliant. So is this 'summer melt'--I see visions of sunglasses and sweat.

I guess for today...

W--64
E---30+ minute walk at sunset (the best!)
E---1300
D---I lovingly take care of my body and nurture my spirit.
Closed Thread