Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:12 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

It has been quiet here! We've got to get at it.

LM, I agree with the altitude being a great indicator.

No deer yet this year, but it's been a really strange year weather wise. Still a few weeks left here.

Mindy, how is the shoulder? Any better?

W 100
E just finished a pound class
E OP
D Keep on trying to get it right!
Old 11-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #122  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

It gets so hard for me to post here during the school year. I will try harder.

My class is a wreck...too much to tell you all about. Let's just say stress to the max. I have gained 10 pounds and I HATE it. I felt like total crap going to work today. I came home and walked about 2.3 miles with hubby tonight. I have GOT to do something.

I have an appt. with the orthopedic on Thursday...finally. Some days I would like to just cut off my arm, others it's not too bad. Hopefully I get some answers on Thursday.

It is time to head back into the gym due to cold weather. We are considering switching to Planet Fitness. There is a new one close to our old gym. I think it would be much nicer. We are going to check it out tomorrow.

I will try to get back here after the doc and check in.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:27 PM   #123  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi!
Mindy: I understand about the job stress. It impacts EVERY aspect of your life. Sometimes I'm so mentally, physically and emotionally sapped, all I want to do is refill my tank with junk. Junk food, junk activity (or lack thereof) and junk thinking. I don't know what to say, except take comfort in what you CAN accomplish and reach out to those you CAN teach....that's really ALL you can do.

I am in KY. The muffler fell off my jeep upon arrival and the 4 - wheeler blew up. No venison Yet. But I wish I could stay broken down here forever. I saw a picture of myself playing with a friend's Rottweiler and am disgusted. Sigh.

Hang in and hang on!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #124  
Fishing for a plan!

PS....

Mindy....you may never know what good you are accomplishing in the lives of some of those kids! Hats off to you!
Old 11-19-2016, 11:36 AM   #125  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

lurch- Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. It helps put things in perspective. I have already had the thought of focusing on the ones that I seem to be helping. That may sound terrible, but they are the ones that appreciate what I am doing. I just hope and pray that I am having some positive effect on them all.

We are in the process of switching gyms. Ours is getting run down and Planet Fitness is new and all shiny. Plus it is cheaper. Can't pass that up. I have started PT for Frozen Shoulder. Nice!! Hopefully it will help get things unfrozen and working better without pain. Pt is right next to PF so I can go from one to the other. I just need to get signed up at PF now.

70 Degrees yesterday...30 and snow today. That's Michigan.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:14 AM   #126  

OK chicks, we all need a fresh start. Shall we start a new thread, maybe til spring? An unveiling of sorts or something like that?

Mindy, as you know, I just joined the local PF. I like it as well as anywhere and it's clean. The price is right too. I liked the Y, but I thought the price was ridiculous. I always hate going in by myself, but I have no other options. Hubs is not interested at all.

I am thinking that I can stick to it all winter and see what spring brings, Hopefully a much thinner version of me.

LM, that sounds like quite the arrival. Ugh. I love my rotties, but I hate pics of me too. I want to change that.

W 100
E Treadmill (or snowshoes, we are getting that same snow Mindy) I doubt ill go to the gym today, its too crappy to drive if I don't have to.
E POP, sticking to it.
D Today is a relax and enjoy family day. OS of course is not here, but YS is home for the holiday. We are going to put up the tree on this gorgeous snowy day.

Last edited by mothermavis; 11-20-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #127  

Hi Everyone this is my first day here. I am 47 years old and weigh in at 235, it is less than my original start weight but I recently gained 10 pounds after maintaining a 30 lb weight loss. Stopped seeing my trainer and reverted back to old habits mostly snacking and not exercising.

I know all the tricks I have lost lots of weight before doing Tae Bo and going to take it up again but I am currently nursing a lower back injury keeping me from starting love to hike with my honey but with the cold weather here that is done. So much I want to do so little effort I think thats the starting point. I have been reading success stories and before and after stories to get myself motivated.

Not sure of my measurements but my nutrition goal is 1600 calories a day.

Good luck to all of you.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #128  

Welcome Wannab1, Love to hike too, but we just got our first snow today and I am not a fan of winter hiking, so that is out for me until at least May/June!

I did manage to get to Planet Fitness again today, so I am happy with that! I was thinking I wouldn't, but the weather was pretty good this afternoon.

Tae Bo? I've never tried that, but it looks really challenging! Did you do that at home? I keep thinking I need to dig out the videos I already have, but haven't actually done it!
Old 11-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #129  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Everyone....

Wannab1: WELCOME! I've never done Tae Bo. I've always been so uncoordinated that I cringe at the thought of trying anything new. I'd love to become more flexible but am intimidated by the thought of attempting even yoga, which doesn't require combining much movement with balance. I can't imagine trying to move and balance at the same time! I can still vividly recall an unfortunate encounter with my "step" during an aerobics class in the 1990's!

MM: I think a reset would be great! I do agree that we need a fresh start! I am back in Ohio. We didn't bring back any venison, but I did manage to return with a couple of extra pounds. Imagine that. Too hard to get out and hike the hills during gun season. Doesn't feel safe, even wearing hunter orange, those bullets travel a far piece, and they don't see color! DH found images of a bobcat and what looked to be a wolf on the trail camera he had mounted in the woods, which probably explains the sense of "watchedness" I sometimes feel when I'm hiking up there. There was a bear in the yard 15 years ago that my mother-in-law chased with a broom! I didn't know you had Rottweilers! The one I enjoyed playing with was 11 months old. He thinks he's the size of a teacup poodle, but he weighs almost 100 pounds. His name is Tyson. As in "Mike Tyson". I think his name should be Crash. He exhibits about as much grace in every situation as I did in my abbreviated "step aerobics" endeavor!

Mindy: I hope you are having a good week. When does your Thanksgiving break start? I wish I had someone to go to the gym with. I can't imagine going by myself. I don't have enough confidence to use the machines or the free weights without a companion. I haven't been to a gym for probably 13 years. I was thinking that one of those "Curves" places might not be as bad. I've decided to give it 6 months of REALLY trying, instead of just THINKING about really trying, and if I don't lose 40 pounds, I may have to step outside of my comfort zone. I hope your shoulder is rehabbing!

W: drink some already.
E: find yax trax and get ready for winter walking
E: remember, you really ARE what you eat
D: be thankful for wellness and remember ultimate goal is to maintain health

Last edited by LurchMomma; 11-21-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #130  

New thread, we need a fresh start!

Let's use this winter wisely!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...to_threadtools
Closed Thread