Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 09:01 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Thursday, May 1 Thread

Starting thread.

It's May 1, and it's my day to start back OP. I've been doing some thinking the last few days and it really feels like I'm ready to lose the rest of the weight I want to, so here goes!!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:31 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Jess! Happy May Day! I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I made up for it on the journal thread. I brought that Hawaiian Chicken recipe in with me so I can post it on the recipe thread. I'll be back later to post more!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:45 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - You CAN do this. I have every confidence in you. We ought to be buddies on this. Your determination in building up to this over the last week has really inspired me.

I've been fighting to avoid gaining any more weight since last November - I'm already resting 10lbs above a comfortable weight. I sometimes manage to lose 2 or 5 or so but I end up with more hours than I want at job #2 and there goes my time for planning, cooking and exercise.

I wrote my boss at job 2 a note telling her I really couldn't continue to work 16 to 20 hours a week as I was getting worn out. I told her being an enthusiastic and effective employee was important to me and that I felt I could best do that at 10 to 12 hrs a week. I got my schedule last night for the next 2 weeks and I have only 12 hrs a week. I'm so excited!!! I've already started figuring out which days I'm going to do what work-outs! I may go hog wild and buy myself a new notebook to journal in - hee-hee.

Come out and play everyone! I need company today.

Laura
Old 05-01-2003, 09:52 AM   #4  

Laura - I'm sure you will start feeling so much better when you have a little more free time. Make sure to use some of that to catch up on sleep!

Ok I posted 2 new recipes to the recipe thread. One is for the Hawaiian Chicken and another is for pork. Enjoy
Old 05-01-2003, 10:14 AM   #5  

Jess, you can do it! You've already proven you can by losing over 30 lbs....it just takes finding that attitude you once had. I just noticed your sig, and it looks like we're in the same boat! I started out the summer before last (!!) at 200 lbs, got almost close to goal last summer, and now I'm back up near 170. My goal is to get to 140. I just started again on Tuesday being OP, so we can do this together! I weigh in tomorrow, so hopefully my weight will match my sig!

How often to people update their current weight? Every week after weigh-in? I can't remember what I used to do when I was actually losing weight!

Lori, that chicken recipe sounds awesome - but I've never owned or used a crockpot. They seem to be all the rage these days!

Laura, wohoo on getting some more time for you. I realized (again) this week how much of a time commitment losing weight is.

Well, I got up this morning and did a Pilates tape. I can't really count it for much, it's the one with the resistance bands (they sell it in a kit pretty much everywhere). It's ok, but I don't break a sweat doing it, and it's not as focused on the traditional pilates moves as I would like (I used to take a class). This has like bicep curls, push-ups, tri kickbacks, etc. All are good, but I already am doing the FIRM and strength training. Looks even more like I'll have to invest in the Windsor....
Old 05-01-2003, 12:16 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Morning!

I met the most beautiful baby last night. My friend had a little baby girl (she was only 5#8oz) They're so happy it was neat to watch them spending time with their new little one. It's their first so she's a little scared. I stopped at the mall to pick up a sleeper for her (she's too little for all the ones they already have) and got a frozen yogert - low points yay! and then I ended up staying WAY later than I thought at the hospital and I forgot about dinner. Who forgets to eat!!?!! Then when I got home it was easier to just go to bed so I did. It saves me some points for today's potluck I guess.

Jess - you're doing it! You've set a goal and you'll sick to it!!
Hi Lori - I have to check out your recipies after I post.
Laura - it's great that your boss payed attention to your note, enjoy your extra workout time!
Lexxy - I try to change my signature the day after my WI (unless I'm not particularly proud of my accomplishment, or lack of it) It keeps me accountable.
Hi to anyone about to post. We haven't heard from Jen, maybe she's had her little one? I'll be back.
KT
Old 05-01-2003, 12:24 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Well I did fine yesterday eating/exercising, and I'm done stressing about the job thing! Other than that, nothing much new happening, except that I'm going to have to continue the job hunt now...

Jess -- May 1st is the perfect day to start! It feels like the beginning of summer, especially since I woke up to another thunderstorm this morning!

Laura -- it'll be great to have more time to yourself, especially in the summer!

Lori -- I'll have to check out those recipes, but I don't have a crockpot either! And if I did, I probably couldn't wake up early enough to get started on it in the morning - I prefer to sleep as much as i can in the morning...

Lexxy - I ordered the winsor pilates last week, I can't wait to try it out.

KT -- It's so awesome seeing little tiny babies. I got to play with my little cousin last weekend when I went home, they're so adorable! He's about 4 months old now.

Well, must get back to work!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:51 PM   #8  
Andrew

Hello everyone. I have missed posting. I worked 96 hours in a liitle over a week and I just haven't had time to post. It is not something I do very often but I need the money and I will get a whopping paycheck next week. On Mon,Tue, Wed here it was sunny and in the 70's. I worked all three days. Now today is my day off and it is dark and rainy. It pisses me off. I strted tanning today. I haven't done that in a few years. I lost 1.8 at WI last night. I'm goint to try real hard this week and get to the 25 lb mark next week. That is only 4 lbs away. Me and two nurses at work have a contest to see who can lose closest to 10 lbs by Memorial Day. We haven't decided what the winner will get yet. Smaller pants I say! Next Tuesday is Nurses Day and the hospital has something planned everyday and it all revolves around food. I've got to show some control. I have been going down to the cafeteria for morning break a lot lately with the housekeepers and I have been getting bacon, sausage,home fries, giant scones! Why? I have to figure something else out. I love going to break with them because we just laugh the whole time. Next week I am going to bring my own english muffin down and see if that will satisfy me. Otherwise I am going to have to try and work a scone in. Does anyone know how many points for one of those? They are giant, about the size of a slice of a large pizza, and pretty thick. They usually have raisins or blueberries in them and they have a sugar glaze on them as well (probably made with powdered sugar and milk). They are delicious!

A report just came out in The New England Journal of Medicine that says that if you are obese you are at a higher risk for dying of cancer. Here is the link for it:

(http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/...ct/348/17/1625).

They did a study and determined that the heaviest members of this study (those with a body-mass index of at least 40) had death rates from all cancers combined that were 52 percent higher (for men) and 62 percent higher (for women) than the rates in men and women of normal weight.Yet another reason to lose weight.

I also found this website that calculates your "Ideal" body weight. It doesn't use the regular formula because it says that it is outdated. I'm not sure what it goes by. But it is cool. It figures out your BMI and what your REAL ideal weight is compared to what the medical experts say it should be. Try it out. Mine is 140 which is what I think I'll set my goal at. My BMI is 33.8. That is really high.Here is the link for that:

(http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm)

On to some Hellos.....

JESS: Hello. Happy May Day to you.

LORI: The Hawaiian Chicken sounds good!

LAURA: I wish I could only work 10-12 hours a week. Especially in the spring and summer. Enjoy it.

LEXXY: My goal is also 140. I try to update my weight every WI so that if I'm really sucking at it everyone can see.

KT: I rarely forget to eat (it is such an important part of my life) but the times I do and I skip a meal I feel like I'm ahead of the game a little. I love new babies. Such a tiny one too.

HI ANGIE:

Talk to you all later!!

Last edited by momofoneson; 05-01-2003 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:53 PM   #9  
Andrew

I didn't mean to hit submit reply. I'm not done so I'm going to edit it. Hit the REFRESH button please.

Last edited by momofoneson; 05-01-2003 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:03 PM   #10  

KT - I can understand forgetting to eat when there is something that exciting going on

Angie & Lexxy - Get a crockpot, you won't regret it! Mine only cost $20. I make the Hawaiian Chicken on the weekends and cook it on high. Then I can clean or watch TV or whatever while it cooks.

Robin - I don't think I would make it down to 140. I think I am too tall. My overall goal is 145. I am 13 pounds away. I know my sig says my goal is to reach that by May 15th, but it ain't gonna happen! I'm now shooting for my birthday (July 11).

I usually change my sig after I have WI, but I haven't gone since March!!!!

Oh I wanted to let you girls know. I used to gig for this composer. Well tons of people love his music for relaxation and stuff like that, they say it is especially good at work or on the ride home. It is not really my type of thing (I like reggae and stuff like that ) but some of you might like it. Its sort of "new age"-ish and one of his albums has a celtic theme to it. Anyways you can catch some samples at http://www.timjanis.com.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:06 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lori - I'll check those recipes out. How goes the pilates?

Lexxy - I got rid of my sig line. I found it too depressing to keep watching it go up!

KT - how kind of you to get them a sleeper that fit the baby.

Angie - good luck with the job hunt!

Robin - holy work hours batman! 96 hours is a lot. I wish I only worked 10-12 hours a week! LOL. That's how many I'll be working at my 2nd job. I also have a full time job that is 40-45 a week.

BBL.

Laura
Old 05-01-2003, 02:10 PM   #12  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

I just tried out that website, Robin. Very cool! It had my ideal body weight at 150. Since I haven't been that weight since I was in high school (if then), I'll just have to see what I feel/look like when I hit it. I actually have no idea what I should make my goal. I'm kind of thinking about moving more towards a size than a weight. Because right now I'm a size 16 -- although I do have a couple pairs of 14's, and I'm thinking that I'd like to be an 8 or 10.
I'm not on ww, just watching my calories and exercising, and it worked last year. I just need to make it work again this year!
Old 05-01-2003, 02:11 PM   #13  

Robin, I love new calculators I haven't used yet. That one gave me a weight of 148, but the lowest in my range was 129, so I think 140 could be reasonable. My company just decided that we won't get paid for OT until we've worked 10% of our regular hours unpaid. So basically there's no incentive for me to work overtime! You'll be loving that fat paycheck.

Angie, that's good you were able to make a decision about the job. I'm really bad with that stuff. I had mentioned on the DBD thread that I think we're the only ones that count calories (we're such rebels for joining this thread!) How many calories per day do you eat? I've been hearing some "unofficial" news that you shouldn't eat less calories than your BMR, but I find that a little hard to belive. Who knows.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:14 PM   #14  

Hi laura, lori and angie - we were all posting at the same time i guess!
Old 05-01-2003, 02:20 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls!

Jess, where is Kier with her Rocky Theme!?? You go girl. I think you found your Mojo!

Laura - girl you are burning OUT you need a break to get back on track. I am glad you are cutting back on your hours and putting your foot down.

Lori - thanks for the recipes - mmmmmm

Lexxy - I haven't tried pilates yet but I hear mixed reviews about certain tapes. Nothing about the windsor ones though. Do you hurt the next day??

KT - you weirdo! Who forgets to eat? ARe you becoming one of those weird thin people

Angie - yay on your OP day!!

Robin - mine was 155 and my BMI is 32.2 which mean, I am now not obese, but just overweight. Woo hoo. Thanks for that site!

Well, I am signed up for my first race on June 8th . its for ALS, and my company sponsors it. Its 8K!! GAH!! But good motivation. B/f is going to run it with me too!! That'll be fun - we can "train" together for 5.5 weeks.

Hey Kirsty, what's Lolly up to these days???

Well, I better get going - want to go to the gym today at 1pm...

Have a good OP day

Hi to Kim, Tonya, Jen, Dr. Lori and everyone else!!
Closed Thread