Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 09:43 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Tuesday 4-29-03

It's 9:45 AM ... where are you guys?!?! Be back to post.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:52 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Good morning, Lori!! It's only 8:45 here in NE, but already, I feel like I've been put through a day's worth of crap. We had an emergency response thingy this morning, which was OK, but I had to walk back to my building in the rain with the wind blowing like crazy and a crappy umbrella. The darn thing blew inside out I don't know how many times on my trip back. And my pants are soaked, which really sucks because they're becoming itchy.

But aside from that, my day seems to be going OK.

Well, I ate like crap yesterday, which is sort of the plan until Thursday. But I did order a cookbook that should be arriving soon, and it's a 5 ingredient 15 minute cookbook, so it should get a lot of use--those are the kinds of meals I have no trouble cooking.

Well, I better get a little work done, since I plan on stopping back here plenty today.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:56 AM   #3  

Default I'm back!

Ok, I didn't get a chance to post again yesterday. Isn't someone going to join me this week on the journal thread? I find it really keeps me in check.

Jess - To help you with your challenge yesterday, I am going to post the recipe I have for Hawiian Chicken (you need a crockpot for it). I have the recipe at home though so I may not get to post it until tomorrow! Oh and check out the Taco Salad I had last night. I posted it on the journal thread.

Angie - That reunion must be a big motivator....just start off brand new. Pretend like its your first week on weight watchers. I think that was the best week I ever had because I was so motivated, I measured everything. Maybe that will help you get back on track!

Laura - Way to go on resisting those fries! I probably wouldn't have been able to do that

Jen - Stick in there, we are all impatiently waiting with you!

KT - My allergies have been bugging me too, so I know how you feel. On top of that, it is nice outside and too cold inside at work and I tend to get sick because of the temperature changes all the time...sheesh! Way to go getting back on track like you did the next day!

Rina - I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! How did the meeting go? Give us details! Did you like your leader?

Kristen - I did WW at Work (started in June 2001) and in Sept. 2001 that ended. I started going to regular meetings in June of 2002 and have been going to regular meetings since then. I much prefer going to regular meetings than the @work meetings. I have never been to the Malden WW. Do you like the leader there? The place I go to now, I like one leader but can't make her meetings. So usually I don't stay because I go on the days when the other leader is there. I have to make more time to go on the nights when the leader I like is there!

Ok well last night I didn't do much. I rented a movie (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) but Jay didn't want to watch it, so we ended up watching the Jersey/Lightning game on ESPN I made a "Taco Salad" for dinner which was REALLY REALLY YUMMY. I've never made one before and it was 8 points and really really good. I was really happy I got to have teh sour cream. I haven't had that in a while. Yum!

So, this is a really long thread but I have to tell you one other thing. My mom is all into those psychic mediums like John Edward and James van Praagh. Well we are going to see this guy who is local to New England on Friday night somewhere near Providence. It is a gallery reading like on the TV shows. My older brother is coming with us. I must say I am very skeptical. I told my mom, the only people I know who passed away are my Great Grandmother (whom I don't remember too well) and two kitty cats. I say if my cat Quasar comes through (we had to put him to sleep last March )and talks to me then I will be a believer

I'll check back in later. Have a great OP day!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:58 AM   #4  

Wow I wrote a novel, huh?!?! Hey Jess we are posting at the same time It is supposed to get up to 82 here today and be bright and sunny. Finally summer may be coming! New England is so weird for weather, but its always nice in July and August, at least. That is why our wedding date is August 30. We decided it should be good for a BBQ. Also its Labor Day weekend and we have people flying out here for the wedding so we aren't leaving for the honeymoon until Tuesday and will spend the rest of the long weekend hanging out with them.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:59 AM   #5  

Good morning girls!

I am here, just slow this morning, I am trying to find the motivation to start a grad paper/presentation I have next Wednesday.

I have a baby shower this weekend of one of my best friends from high school. Her and her husband tried for 8 years to get pregnant, and finally thru invitro they are due in June.

My best friend from NJ that I went to visit in March is coming back for the weekend for the shower, so we are going out Friday and Sat night, I don't know if this old body can take it.....

Work is kind of boring, but home is busy. DH and I are planting our yard today after work, before the rain hits tonight. Our yard has been so dry and a huge dust pool, I will be glad to get it planted and wet so that I can open my windows of my house!!

Not much else new, school is done for me this semester in two weeks, which will be nice. The kids are signed up for a bunch of summer activites, and I am only working 3-4 days a week, so I will be lounging by our new pool all summer. I can't wait!

BBIAB...need to get some things done.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:10 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Angry

Au contraire Lori - it's 8:45 AM....

Thanks for your support yesterday. Sorry I didn't check back in or make personal replies - work was crazy.

Jess - Aaron???? What's the dealie with Mike? And don't worrying about not knowing what you're doing when it comes to men - most of us have gone through that!

Lori - glad you are controlling the ED instead of having it control you.

Angie - H.S. Reunion - the perfect motivator for getting in shape!

Kim - how was the YMCA? Did you enjoy it?

Jayne - Glad to see you!! I've not tried the McDonald's salads. Are they really any good? Do you happen to know point values?

JenL - hope the baby comes soon!

KT - Oh honey - quit stressing - don't you know that there is no calories in food eaten while watching hockey?

Rina - hope you enjoyed your first WW meeting. Tell us about it.

Went shopping last night for a dress for one of CB's ex-girlfriends wedding. It's formal attire so I'm looking for a very classy black dress. So far, no luck. I need to keep after myself to eat healthy and work-out the next month so that I'm comfortable in my own skin at the wedding. I'm dreading this wedding - CB is considered a confirmed bachelor by his childhood acquantainces - I'm apparently the first "girl" he's ever brought home to the "neighborhood" and his sisters keep reassuring??? me that EVERYONE will be noticing and commenting on my appearance. I don't so much care what they think of me on my own behalf but he comes from a community/culture that puts a lot of pressure on his generation to conform to the wishes of their elders - I'd like to make a good enough impression that he doesn't receive any flak about me. Unfortunately, these people probably won't pay as much attention to my personality as my appearance. Those that I've already met are very appearance/socio-economic minded. For example - his mom bought underwear for 5 kids at Saks 5th Avenue - to uphold an image - should any of the neighbors happen to see their underwear. My mom bought our underwear at K-mart - and half my clothes were hand-me-downs from other neighborhood kids.

Wow - that was long - I didn't even realize how anxious I am about this until just now.

Sorry to bore you all with my ramblings.

Must work now.

Laura
Old 04-29-2003, 10:16 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Took me a long time to post!

Jess - solved the problem of the itchy pants. NO PANTS TUESDAY!!! Try it - I bet you start a fad at work!

Lori - can't wait to see your Hawiian Chicken recipe. I love crockpot recipes.

Tonya - Get to work on the paper! Oh - and have fun partying with your girlfriends this weekend!
Old 04-29-2003, 10:37 AM   #8  
A Yankee in Virginia

I did it! I joined the Y! And I even worked out, too. It felt sooo good. I'm really glad I finally got off my butt. I couldn't do as long on the elliptical machine as I could in November, but I'll get back there. Tomorrow night, I'm going to a salsa aerobics class with a friend from work.

Now I just need to get the eating thing on track. I did pretty well yesterday, and I'm sitting at my desk eating Kashi Crunch (or whatever it's called) cereal. It's my new fave. I don't put milk on cereal, so I just bring it to work in baggies. Works for me.

Hi to everyone! Have a wonderful day. It's supposed to be 80 here in Eastern Virginia! Right now it's warm and sunny and gorgeous outside ... sorry Jess! Wish I could send you some sun!
Old 04-29-2003, 12:00 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
no I'm not dead
Lori and i chatted yesterday and convinced me to come back
I have been swinging back and forth good and bad eating
today I hit bottom
2 hostess cupcakes and a snack back of chips bleh! i feel like an orca
anyway just looked at the ime have to run to class
Kim I'm joining the Y this summer!!
I missed you guys
Love
Kier
Old 04-29-2003, 12:28 PM   #10  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

Well I did awesome yesterday -- ate just as much as I should have (probably less than I should have, but I totally needed to make up for the weekend...) AND I went for a walk/run. Okay, so I did more walking than running, but still, I'm getting into it! I was actually surprised that I could run longer than I thought I'd be able to - I've never been much of a runner, but I think I've built up some endurance from the machines at the gym and just walking. And I went to the store to pick up a ton of fruits/vegetables so that I'll have to eat healthy.

Jess -- I hate itchy pants!

Lori -- Have you seen that movie yet? I have, and my family loves it, but I didn't really like it all that much - I think it was that guy from N Sync that kept throwing me off - should he really be an actor? i think not!!!

Tonya -- good luck on the motivation - I am the biggest procrastinator when it came to presentations -- especially when they were school-related.

Laura -- I'm sure you'll do fine, meeting his friends! And until then, you've got a great motivation!

Kim -- great job on joining the Y! I like that Kashi Crunch too - just don't try the stuff that looks like Cheerios! It tastes fine, but looks too much like dog food!

Hi Kier and everyone else!

Okay, it took me forever to post this, since we got really busy just as I started... Hopefully today will go by fast, tonight I get to see one of my friends I haven't seen in a while, and her new engagement ring!
Old 04-29-2003, 12:31 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Morning ladies, it's only 9:15 here. But it's absolutely GORGEOUS outside. Sunshine 2 days in a row. Very rare. Of course, because of the meds I'm on for my face (dermatitis) I'm not allowed to go out in the sun at all. I can even feel my arm start to hurt when I'm in the car and the sun in streaming in the window. I wonder if Belle got stuck in that Alberta snowstorm they had recently. Belle? Are you stuck?
I did well last night. Thank goodness Sushi is low point (and enjoyable) It was my carb treat of the week. Tonight, back to meetings (it's been 3 weeks) I have to go WI between periods cause my boys are playing early tonight (go Canucks!) Thank goodness my sister (and her huge television) live around the corner from my meeting.
Jess - Those Cookbooks are great! It should give you lots of ideas.
Lori - MBFGW is a great movie. I hope you get to watch it sometime. Definately let us know how the psychic goes...spooky...
Tonya - sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. Better get to work on that presentation.
Laura - Don't worry about what people think. All that matters is what CB thinks. (That said, maybe you should go with expensive undergarments for the wedding - tee hee)
Kim - YAY to the Y!!!! Salsa aerobics sounds fun.
Kier - We missed you! You can get back on track today! at least it wasn't a whole cake and a BIG bag of chips right?

Alright, I'll get a bit of work done now. BBL
KT
Old 04-29-2003, 12:33 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Angie - what guy from N sync? I don't remember him.
KT
Old 04-29-2003, 01:15 PM   #13  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

One of the cousins on big fat greek wedding was joey fatone?? i think he's from nsync -- at least it was one of those boy bands!
Old 04-29-2003, 01:29 PM   #14  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hello! I didn't get a chance to post yesterday also.
Too many people in my office. I feel "invaded" - my office is like the HUB here.

Hi Jess! I was sunny here - looks like rain is heading in. I think it's expected for tomorrow. My sister said there's T-storms in Iowa/Nebraska. Your cookbook sounds like fun. I went food shopping last night and i need hardly NOTHING because I'm never home. How boring. I need to get my BBQ set up.

Lori - I just added my journals. I didn't see that you started a thread, so I started one, then deleted it and copied my stuff over.
I love my crockpot. I was thinking about it the other day.
How is the house hunting going?
Have fun @ the psychic reading. I'm into that stuff. Hope you have a good experience.

Tonya - I have papers, exams and failing grades up the waazoo now. To top it all off I have a lab practical to take tonight and it's Jeremy's "Portfolio Night" at the school. The kids show us what they've done all year long. They host the night. I'm trying to figure out how I can be in 2 places @ once.
Use that new pool as a motivator! Just think of all the skinny-dipping you guys will be doing! hahahah! Hope you guys have some privacy bushes/fences up!

Laura - you are going to have a great time @ the wedding. You are going to look great - I found a great dress for a wedding in January @ H&M for $10 and I just had to have it! I admire you for going to cb's ex-girlfriend's wedding.

Kim - that's great! We have a great Y here - a really nice facility. I just cancelled my gym membership because I haven't been there for months. Enjoy!

Hi Kierie!!!! We've missed you too!

Angie - What a great way to start the day. Good for you!

Can't finish the post now ... a client is here w/out an appointment - I hate that.

Talk to you later!
Old 04-29-2003, 01:53 PM   #15  
Canadian Chick

Hey gang, no time to post properly b/c I need to get ready for work. Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed my meeting last night. THe leader is very enthusiastic & upbeat 7 positive. The only thing that threw me off is that she is a tiny little thing & her weight loss is 15lbs! How can she relate to my struggles when I need to lose over 125lbs?? The other staff all had only lost about 22lbs each too. Oh well. THe meeting part was great. Everyone was very friendly. I was a little daunted by how many people there were though-about 70 that stayed for the meeting & I don't know how many WI & then left but alot. Anyway I'm feeling super motivated. I have my food all planned out & I went for a 35 minute walk this morning & Dh & I are going to go tonight after I get home from work. I am going to do it this time! We're doing a dreaded bathing suit picture tonight too!! There was this guy at the meeting that met his goal this week & he has now lost 185lbs!!! Amazing! There is a write up in the paper about him. Speaking of the paper there was an interesting arcticle yesterday about how they've linked fast food consumption to behaviour problems in kids-like Bipola Disorder, Add etc. I'd belive it too. My brother (whjo has BP) is so much better when he actually eats food with nutrients in it. AZnyway I'll tell you more about it later. I gotta run! I'll hopefully have more time to chat tomorrow. Have a great OP day!
Closed Thread