Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #1  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

Question Your IP Coach?

After reading through lots of these threads, I've become curious about everyone's experience with their IP coaches. Do you think you and your coach are a good fit? Have you ever had to change coaches? How much time do you spend with your coach each week? What do you like best/least about your coach?

Oh, and for the IP coaches out here, I'd love to hear your answers to those same questions regarding your IP clients!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGirl3 View Post
After reading through lots of these threads, I've become curious about everyone's experience with their IP coaches. Do you think you and your coach are a good fit? Have you ever had to change coaches? How much time do you spend with your coach each week? What do you like best/least about your coach?
I don't know if I'd call us a "good fit", we wouldn't be friends outside of IP but she knows her stuff (even though she hates WF, MiO and Mrs Dash) and is encouraging. She's never had a weight problem so thats a little tough, she has tried the products but not "done IP"

Weigh-ins are 15 minutes, go in, scale, measurements, enter in computer, pick your new foods and go-
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I actually broke it off with my coach 3 weeks ago - the info she had was outdated, I think I knew more about the program in the first month than she did. I found I was learning more useful info on this forum than she could offer me. So I bought a scale and a tape measure and switched to alternative products
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

It's like anything...there are great coaches and not so great coaches. Mine is okay, but I definately know more than she does, and have since the second week. I think it would be awesome if they either had to have lost a lot of weight themselves OP or had to have some kind of nutritional/medical background. I know a lot of the doctors in the states are doing it, and I would LOVE that. I plan to use up the 3-4 weeks of IP I already bought and then move to alternatives too...

But there are amazing coaches out there (and on this board) so don't be discouraged.
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I actually broke it off with my coach 3 weeks ago - the info she had was outdated, I think I knew more about the program in the first month than she did. I found I was learning more useful info on this forum than she could offer me. So I bought a scale and a tape measure and switched to alternative products
"Broke it off" haha scorbett I have been stressing about how I am going "break up" with mine in a couple weeks..
Old 10-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

My coach is very nice but not overly experienced. I prefer that to her coworker who is very grumpy. To me it is more like having a discussion with a friend. I come to 3FC when I need clarification. My coach has not completed her loses either so questions me frequently about my consistent losses. I prefer to use the IP products so I continue to attend.
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #7  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

I am very frustrated with my whole clinic and my coach. When I walk in its like an inconvenience that they have to help me. They don't order food very often so my favorites are all gone and I have to eat things that are just ok in my opinion. My visit is about 20 minutes which consists of me waiting 15 minutes, weigh in, measure, buy food. I would break it off with her but I want hubby to do IP in January and since he's type 2 diabetic I want to make sure he has access to a doctor at all times.

Sassy
Sassyc1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So what alternatives are you trying and are you finding them working just as well? Thanks for any help on this.
newlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
So what alternatives are you trying and are you finding them working just as well? Thanks for any help on this.
There is a couple alternative threads that are packed full of info. At first I found it overwhelming trying to figure it out and I am glad I started without that added piece. Once you understand the basic counts of IP products it is not too hard though. The ladies on the alternative threads are very helpful and one even made a web page to help others navigate.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #10  

You can also order IP products from plainprotein or dietnomoreonline, if alternatives are too confusing.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #11  

Attachment 43359
Here's one of the files I downloaded about some alternatives.

I seem to get a different person each time I weigh in which is fine with me. I also find thru this forum that different coaches are ok with different things. "opinions" differ which I find confusing at best. Wuv2bloved always tells me "follow the sheet exactly" so I do that.

Last edited by maezy1; 03-06-2013 at 05:51 PM.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #12  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Guess I'm lucky...I have worked with 3 different coaches (depending on my schedule) over the 7 months I have been doing this program. They all did the program and lost significant weight and have their "before" pics prominently displayed. They "get it." This particular clinic is very strict because they are part of the IP pilot program in the US. They don't play and will encourage you to leave the program if you cheat, but that has kept me 100% since day one. I'm a "slow" loser, and that has helped provide me the time I needed to shift my paradigm from diet to life style. Maintenance has always been my issue, but with the help of these knowledgable coaches, I know I'll be successful.
justbecause53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #13  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Attachment 43359
Here's one of the files I downloaded about some alternatives.

I seem to get a different person each time I weigh in which is fine with me. I also find thru this forum that different coaches are ok with different things. "opinions" differ which I find confusing at best. Wuv2bloved always tells me "follow the sheet exactly" so I do that.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #14  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

My first coach was a space cadet. I think she was doing this solely for the money. She missed 2 of my weigh-in appointments, so I found somewhere else to go.

My new coach is pretty strict, but it's been a good thing. I've learned a lot from him in the last 2 weeks
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #15  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Wow - now I'm even more grateful for the coach I have! I'd be very annoyed if someone was "coaching" me who hadn't had a weight problem and hadn't followed the IP protocol themselves. Book learning is one thing, but experience is invaluable. And they've NEVER been out of an IP product.
They're always happy to see me, always ask how my week went, if I have any questions, and frequently share new recipies - In November they're having an open house, Holiday Survival, and talking strategy and showcasing recipies for the holiday season.

Is IP different in Canada? Around my area, the clinics are all associated with either MD's or Chiropractors. Is there training that IP coaches have to go through? Does anyone know?
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote