Old 09-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team 2012 Fall Back To Basics Chat Thread Week 3 (09/10-09/16)

Hi everyone well here we are at week 3 and we've had some great losses so far.

I was up again this morning but got 3 different weights on the scale so I averaged them out and am hoping for the best. That still puts me 2lbs up fron last week friday

Today I was away from work but still working we were interviewing people for the new store opening up here. It was great but today they decided to being in pizza for everyone. Well I had to eat some in spread of the lunch I brought I stuck with only two pieces but they also had mini chocolate and some biscuits. Well I know why I continue to be fat. It's perfect when I'm at home and eat my own stuff or I'm mentally prepared for food being there but since I've been on holidays I can't seem to get back in the groove. I need to remember that I'm 7lbs away from my goal and I now only have three weeks to achieve this and get my year free of ifit.....I don't k oe if that's even possible for me anymore.

Anyway I'm starting fresh again tomorrow and need to get my butt back in gear

Totals will be a little late this time and may not be posted until Tuesday so don't panic when there not up right away.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:14 AM   #2  

Gaining weight sucks no matter the circumstances, but remember that the important part is that you're getting up and trying again. Don't talk yourself down! For me personally, positivity is the number one most important thing. Surely easier said than done, but if you think you can do it, YOU CAN DO IT! Seven pounds is not an easy thing to get off, but just stay on plan as best as you can and work extra hard these next three weeks. I know you can do it!

For me, the past week was not my best efforts but as I said before I was nursing and injury and food was limited. Well I went shopping yesterday and I managed to workout today without extreme pain, so I too am ready to get back to giving it my all. Woo!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #3  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Bigmid, I feel for you. I believe one of the hardest parts of losing weight is things out of our control. One shouldn't deny themselves all treats

Missjean, I'm glad to see your on the mend. Best of luck for the coming week.

My treadmill is still acting as my clothes hanger, I've not quite finished putting my wardrobe together. I'm really struggling with motivation and think I am losing the battle . If I'm true to myself, I'm putting in half an effort but cannot fathom why; I want to lose this weight more than anything
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #4  

Missjean I'm glad you didn't have extreme pain when working out. In reality you don't want any pain (except muscle soreness) or you could do serious damage. Just be careful. Thanks for the words I'm not really down about this it's just been so long since I've seen the down trend and realistically 7lbs is a lot for one month for me. Lucky if I do five in a whole month little own three weeks. Never give up though.

Tkkoz I think the same way I can't. Ut all foods out or I would never stick to any plan. I wonder for me if it the time of year my body doesn't want to cooperate as we're heading into fall then dreaded winter. But your in an opposite season so maybe try a few more things outside rather than being stuck inside. You can hang clothes in the closet rather then the treadmill in your fall/winter season. My treadmill has not seen much of me katly as I like to walk outside more and I knew that when I bought it. But when it's -25 and snowing I'll be using it for sure.

Well need to get up have coffee and decide if I'm taking the day off or going into work to finish up odd jobs that there is never time for.

Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

Good luck to everyone this week!

This week I am going to try to ramp up the exercise since I barely followed my plan last week. I have been watching old seasons of Biggest Loser (streaming on Netflix) and if they can do it, I can do it! Every class this week I am going to try to add something extra to push myself. Tonight I am going to try to add a riser to my step in step class!

Everyone have a good Monday!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #6  

Week 3 already, wow! Last week was not my best but I could have done worst too. My sister came to visit for the weekend and most of the entertainment ended up fixing dinner. Ugh. I did try to make reasonably good choices; at least I was in control of the menus, I just needed to make sure I had things that appealed to others as well. I was down, but not even a pound so hopefully things will right themselves this week. I still haven’t gotten into my exercise groove. Hoping to correct that too this week. Today’s a new day and so far so good, feels wonderful to have things back to normal. I love having company and love having things normalize again.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #7  

Angie ... Really good attitude. You go girl.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #8  

Tkkoz - Thank you, you too! We've all been there, losing motivation is hard but you really just have to think about why you started. A while ago I sat down and wrote out a list of all the reasons I hate being overweight, and to end on a positive note, all of the things I'm looking forward to about being healthy. Whenever I start feeling like it's a hopeless case, I read that list and it does wonders!

Bigmid - Oh I know, definitely being careful! The pain is a lot more like soreness now, but I can tell it's still there so I don't really push that knee at all. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred but I think I'm going to have to lay off of that for a while because of the high impact, may just have to drag my bike out haha. Yeah, 7lbs really sounds like a high goal but at least if you don't make it, you can do so knowing you tried your absolute best.

angie7896 - Haha, that's what I always say too! When I finally got netflix I seriously watched like five straight seasons and then suddenly it clicked. Especially seeing the older contestants push it out at the beginning and their transformations at the end - I've always told myself that I'm just too big to do this or that but really, I'm a 19 year old, if these 50 year old 400lb people can do it, then obviously I can! Good luck this week!

EofAZ - Glad to hear having company didn't cause a gain, that's a great accomplishment! Best of luck getting back on track this week.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #9  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Helloooooooooooo Blue Team!!!!!

BigMid - I totally understand about struggling to get the motivation back. A while back I'd lost 40 pounds, lost motivation, and gained all my weight back plus an extra 5 pounds. I restarted my journey at my highest weight ever of 280.4 and I better not EVER see that number on the scale again! You're so close and I know you will reach your goal! It may not be in the 3 weeks you want it to be, but you will still get there.

Angie - I love watching The Biggest Loser! I don't have NetFlix or I'd watch the older episodes too.

Tkkoz - Hon, definitely clear that treadmill off and hop on, even if you're just on for a few minutes. Then next time do a few more minutes. You can do it!

MissJean - I hope you heal quickly! I messed up my ankle last month and had to take a week off of exercise. It sucked!

EofAZ - Great job on not gaining while your sister was there!

As for me, I decided last week I was going to start Couch to 5K. I did Week 1 Day 1 and didn't do it again all week. So today I restarted. Week 1 Day 1 done. Thursday night will be Week 1 Day 2 and Saturday will be Week 1 Day 3. Those will be my designated c25k days.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #10  

My 4 pounds from last week has stayed off, and I have already dropped another. I feel like I am finally on a roll. I am starting to feel lighter, and one of my favorite pair of pants are feeling looser...even right out of the dryer! It isn't much, but I am finally starting to feel some difference. That is motivating me to keep going and see even bigger results.

HealthyMe: I want to start c25k but I am not sure I can do it, so I have not tried yet. My daughter is doing Girls on the Run and will have to do two 5ks. She will need a parent to do it with her, so that is probably going to be me. I am terrified!

Angie: I like your idea of doing something extra each class. I need to push myself a bit harder with exercise as well. Going to start today.

Tkkoz: Have you tried freewriting about what is happening with your motivation and effort? It works for me sometimes if I immerse myself into it. I end up writing things I did not know I was feeling. You can also just list the reasons you want to do this.

Bigmid: I struggle with food when others bring it or it is unexpected as well. I have just been cutting back on what I eat the rest of the day to balance it out. I don't know if I will ever have the willpower to turn down good food when others are offering. Something to work on perhaps.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #11  

Morning everyone. Just popping in to say hi

I'll be back later topmost personals though. Looks like a nice morning outside so I may go enjoy some od it if I can finish my overloaded basket of laundry

How about everyone do 20 sit ups and 20 push ups and just for fun add some toe touches in their too
Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Blue Team Total Lost: 14.4 lbs. as a team or 0.28%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: TikTokTrae (-4 lbs., -1.38%)

Honorable Mentions:

karenp1120 (-1.8 lbs., -1.26%)
Bigmid (-2.2 lbs., -1.23%)
angie7896 (-2 lbs., -1.12%)

Congratulations to all the week 2 losers !

Good Tuesday Blue Team ! Here's hoping everyone had a great week 2 and is getting off to an even better week 3 !

Got back from Vegas late last night. I had a great time but ate way too much and feel sluggish this morning. I walked a great deal while there but am definitely retaining loads of water. Hopefully it will be gone by the end of the week. I start another round of group therapy tonight... it's part of the weight loss program we went through at our gym last year and I can sign up to as many sessions as I would like.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #13  

Congrats TikTokTrae! Shout out to the honorable mentions too, you're all an inspiration
Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #14  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Happy hump day all

Congrats TikTokTrae and very well done karen, bigmid and angie

bigmid - we have just come out of winter and into spring which is lovely. Spring is always Melbourne's wettest season, but the days are beautiful. Perhaps a bit more sunshine will perk me up. The clothes will come back off the treadmill when i finish building my 'closet' (we call them wardrobes). it has been 2 weeks, but i am finally putting hangers, shelves and drawers in now More walks outside is definitely on the agenda
P.S. challenge accepted. I will try to do it 3 times this week

angie - what a great challenge you are taking on, well done

EofAZ - it is challenging to have people stay, well done with being able to control that

missjean - thank you, what a great thought. I will start working on this

healthyme thank you so much for the cheer, it is so nice that everyone is so supportive and has experienced lack of motivation . as soon as my fitness picks up, i really want to try C25k. best of luck with it

tiktok - WOW that is great! loose pants are one thing, but striaght out of the drier is another thing altogether, well done

leslie - glad you enjoyed Vegas (it's on my bucket list). Ive never tried group therapy, do you mind me asking how you find it?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #15  

Thanks everyone! I am hoping to lose just 2 pounds this week. Down 1.4 so far, so that should be manageable by Sunday.

I have really been struggling with depression again, and it is making it difficult to exercise. I just want to curl up and sleep all day I am getting plenty sleep, but I just have no energy, no desire to do anything, I just want to hibernate. I want to shut the world out, give up, and just stay in bed in the dark. I can't do that, thankfully my kids keep me on the toes...but while they are in school and I am supposed to be working and exercising, it is not going well.

I try to go for walks, thinking the sunshine and exercise will wake me up and pep me up, but I have so little energy it is like dragging dead weight around. Yesterday was the worst for the energy levels, so I made a big salad with tons of fresh greens. That helped a little, but today I am extremely low energy as well. Another big salad in my future for lunch. I am also working in the office with the blinds raised and windows open until it gets too hot...maybe fresh air will keep me refreshed