Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5"3

Post Hi! I'm new :)

Hi, my name is Willow and I'm 17 years old.
So basically I've been overweight, verging on obese, my whole life. I'm 5'3 (1.62m) and weight 163 lb. Like everyone else, I'm sure, I've been trying to lose weight for a while trying different diets, losing a bit but then gaining it all back and more. About a year ago I decided that this was it and there was no way I was going to start college and go into my adult life without having reached my goal of 132 lb. So i went to a weight loss camp (Wellspring) in the UK for 6 weeks where I learned all about nutrition and exercise and lost about 17lb. (i weighed 176lb.). After I left, i lost a bit more but then i started slacking off and a couple of months later I gained all back. Anyway I recently decided that I was not going to let myself be sucked back into my old lifestyle and got motivated again to start over and NOT QUIT. I've now lost 5lb. since I started, doing a bit of exercise (I'm really busy with exams coming up soon, but that's kinda've me making an excuse) and counting my calories and fat, making sure i eat less that 1200kcal and 20g of fat.
Oh wow I wrote a lot, sorry about that, I just wanted to explain what's happened until now and maybe meet some people who can relate to this (well obviously we all have wanting to lose weight in common) and get some support
WilloW176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/269/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC, Willow.

It's good that you are deciding to take your weight loss journey at such a young age, as you will actually lose weight a little easier and your body will tone up quickly also! Definitely keep your chin up as you lose weight. Sometimes you won't see much in the way of result, when you hit a plateau, but in the end, it will be worth it!
korij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by korij View Post
Welcome to 3FC, Willow.

It's good that you are deciding to take your weight loss journey at such a young age, as you will actually lose weight a little easier and your body will tone up quickly also! Definitely keep your chin up as you lose weight. Sometimes you won't see much in the way of result, when you hit a plateau, but in the end, it will be worth it!
Thanks, I'm excited to see how everything goes and getting advice from people who've gone/ are going through this. Yeah I'm really worried about hitting a plateau, I have a feeling I won't be able to handle it since until now i'm losing a bit everyday (between 0.3 to 1lb.)
WilloW176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/269/140

Height: 5'5"

Just got to keep telling yourself that it will get better, and it will. I know plateaus can be a huge roadblock, but just think of them as an adaptation period for your body, while it prepares for the next bit of weight loss.
korij is offline   Reply With Quote