Old 11-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default What will be your food challenge on Turkey day?

I know some of you have already had your Thanksgiving and for us here in the US it is comming up quick.

But what was/is going to be your food triggers and what plans do you have to control them?

Mine is the before and after munching...someone always puts chips and dip around or a bowl full of mixed nuts and before you know it I have eaten way too much....so this year I am bringing a veggie platter with low point dressing to sit in front of me to snack on also going to use a small plate to track not just grab a handful here and handful there
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #2  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Side dishes. Side dishes are always my weakness. This year I think I'll go with the small plate approach. I'm a vegetarian, so I don't eat turkey but my mom has bought a faux chicken breast for me that I love, and that will take up most of the plate so I'll have very little space left for the side dishes, which is good.

The pre meal munching is something I have to watch, too.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

Just keep a level head....eat what I want and stop when I'm full instead of stuffed!
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Triggers? Food. In general. I have a hard time stopping with super yummy things even tho I know when I'm supposed to. :\
  • I'm bringing the hot vegetable side dish (so I know what went into it).
  • I'm eating turkey, fresh fruit & veggies (no dip), but will enjoy the occasion by allowing myself small portions of jellied cranberries, stuffing with gravy, and pumpkin pie.
  • I'm going to use a smaller plate, and bring a 1/4 cup measuring cup & a tablespoon to keep track of my portions.
  • I'm going to stay away from the ham, rolls, and potato dishes.
  • When we're done eating the meal, I am not going back for seconds. I'm trying to convince myself by "saying" it publicly because I can't trust my inner "fullness" sensor right now.

I am SOOOO looking forward to the yumminess.

Last edited by girlsenberry; 11-21-2011 at 11:20 PM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I absolutely LOVE the Holidays BUT they are also a time when I go crazy and binge. Mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes are the two foods I can go crazy with, expecially if the sweet potatoes contain walnuts and marshmallows.

I'm going to do my best to control my portions and I'm definately planning a hardcore workout in the morning. Going to try for a burn of 2000 which I usually do when it comes to the holidays, that way everything kind of balances out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

Deviled eggs & sausage balls! My husband and I are staying tomorrow night with his dad and his dad's fiance....we're having his grandma over tomorrow night to play cards and will make the sausage balls to have for a snack then. I'm making the deviled eggs for lunch at my parents AND for dinner at my FILs.....I love deviled eggs!!!

I'll just have to be sure to leave enough points to have them, and not overdo it on them! I also plan to use my Wii (zumba) and earn some activity points....I also plan to NOT use any of my weekly points this week so that if I DO overdo it on the eggs...then it'll still be okay.
KatRat is offline   Reply With Quote