Old 09-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #1  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default 89 day challenge

After reading through goals, support, and other forums on here. I have decided I need to lose weight for myself. I don't need to lose a set number. I don't need to have this amount lost by a certain time. So starting today I'm starting a "challenge" for myself. My husband's work Christmas party is December 17th, so I decided that I will make a 3 month challenge. I will exercise 240 minutes a week, I will drink 500 oz of water a week, and I will have breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday until the end of my challenge. If I go under, over, or eat a freaking cheeseburger two nights in a row I won't beat myself up. I need to make life changes not just weight changes. I will probably talk to OB this week too. So I am being held accountable. My husband does a good job helping me. But he also always says " I don't think you look any different than you did in high school, I haven't noticed any weight gain, You look fine in my eyes" What a sweetie right? But he's also the one buying me ice cream all the time haha. But anyways, I will do this challenge and update you along the way. Who else wants to help me and yourself? We can set weekly goals, we can encourage each other. We can just be here for each other. That's what I need. I need to be held accountable! I want to lose weight, but I don;t want to stress myself week after week waiting to wake up one day and be skinny. Thanks for reading my ramblings!!
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Hi Im up for a challenge with ya I been needing a kick since I gain so much weight bAck from the first time losing! I feel so chubby!!!!!!!!!!! Lol
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #3  
Keep on Keep'in on

I know the feeling. I've been yo-yoing 10 pounds since the beginning of the year. I will go really good for a month and lose some weight then I get discouraged and gain it all back. YIKES. So let's do it! Lets hold each other accountable
Old 09-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #4  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm so in! If I may, haha... I just joined, but I'm not so new to weight loss online communities, but they didn't have forums, which I'm a diehard fan of. Yay real community I'm about your weight and have about your final weight goal, so this could be gold. 240 min per week? ohh myyy goodnesssss. I used to run track a few years ago; it's just that now I'm doing 60 minutes per wk... and I'm including walking to the bus stops as a workout LOL
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #5  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Oh I want to join in. I'm the same way, I self-sabotage by eating one bad thing and flying off track for a month or two (or three or four oh my!) and I'm learning how to go easier on myself. I'm calorie counting, so unless I have a totally off-plan day I could usually fit a cheeseburger into my plan. I even had a cheeseburger AND fries last week and didn't go over calories or see it as a failure. Not the most nutritional thing, but not something to beat myself up over either. Getting healthy is all about learning to love yourself, and coming at it that way really helps- when I tell myself I'm fat, or failing, I want to eat another cheeseburger, or ice cream, and sit down and cry instead of working out. However, if I get psyched up about all the good, healthy things I'm doing for myself, and proud of myself, its a huge motivator. So that's one big thing I've changes this time around.
I won't set any big goals for myself, at least not right now, but I'm thinking ab 60-80 mins of exercise a week, six bottles of water a day, under 1400 calories every day except for my one off day, when I will try to stay in the 1800-2000 range (I'm prone to wanting to binge on my off days). I tried to do super low-carb but I was constantly hungry so I'm just sticking with calorie counting for now.
Okay, fun! Good luck to everyone I'm on plan today. I haven't exercised today, but it feels amazing so I think my dog (great dane/german Shepard mix) and I have a long walk in our future. So, should we record our food intake and weigh-ins here? I've found that that really helps with accountability, and posting food gives everybody good ideas, but that's also a lot of info. Its going to be great either way! Lets do this
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #6  
Keep on Keep'in on

I would love to have everything here! and I'm going to try to do 60 minutes of working out four days a week. I won't do this every week but just enough to keep going. I am planning a weekend out with my friends this weekend so I want to work out hard this week so I can have a good time friday and Not feel bad about boozing a little. I won't be able to weigh in much because my husband took my scale apart... he got tired of me checking daily! but that's alright. my gym has a janky one I can use! I'm so excited I'm glad everyone is here and wanting to help each other out
Old 09-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #7  
Don't turn back.

Haha if my fiancee took my scale apart I'd probably put ketchup in his ice cream and tell him he was getting 'obsessed' lol. I get where he's coming from, its hard for people who aren't dieting to understand the quirky things we do, but that would still fly all over me. At least there's one at the gym, that would be motivation for me to go, just so I could weigh!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #8  
Keep on Keep'in on

ahah It is DEF a motivator. I acutally just got him to tell me where he put the missing peice (with a little bit of a fit, but he will get over it) and I weigh 162.8 I'm shocked. It's been two weeks since I've acutally weighed myself on a digital scale and it was 165 last time. I won't be mad at the scale. So Lets say mondays are our official weigh in days! I think we only weigh in 1 time a week. and We don't set weight goals. We set working out/food/water goals. So excited to get to know all of you
Old 09-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #9  
Don't turn back.

Okay official report, day 1!
I stayed under my calorie goal, at 1350. And I got my scale today! So tomorrow I'm weighing the first time officially. I've been completely on plan all week, but I didn't exercise much at all. Since I just set that goal, I guess it'll go into effect tomorrow. New week, same plan, here we go I'm excited. Obviously. Haha.
Hope everyone's doing great.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #10  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Can i join you guys? Id love some support
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

I would LOVE to join! My whole life I've been bigger than everyone in my close friend circle (girls) and I finally want to look thin and beautiful too! I was thinking to get flat stomach by next summer, but Christmas sounds awesome! I just need motivation and if I know my "final date" is coming up I will be hard on myself!Good luck everyone
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #12  
Keep on Keep'in on

Everyone can join!!!

Okay My official weigh in for the day was 161.8 !!!! Lowest I've been in a WHILE. Yay!!! I also got up this morning early to a sick baby But he went to grandmas house where he can get all the lovins he needs!

I got to the gym about 15 minutes later than I had planned. but that's alright. Both treadmills were full.. So I did the stationary bike. It said I burnt 168 calories and did 7.7 miles! I'm sure I probably burnt a few more.. with my weight and such. But I'm happy with it! I'm feeling so wonderful! Can't wait to hear other stories!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #13  
one pound at a time

congrats on the 161, ander! thats awesome!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #14  
Keep on Keep'in on

Thank you! I hope we can all help each other.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #15  
one pound at a time

hi! just checking in with you ladies! i learned today that i wont be able to apply to run int he 2012 NY marathon because i wont have a qualifying half marathon time in time to enter. i was a little bummed, but decided to set my sights on 2013 instead and registered for my first half marathon in april! i'm really excited about "becoming" a runner! my first 10k is in 6 weeks and i'm in training for it.

the running came first, this time, and then it got me to get on the diet bandwagon, probably because there is a hobby/goal pushing me instead of just plain wanting to lose weight.

ran 3.5 miles today! i'm really shocked that i could do this, considering the fact that 7 weeks ago i was winded after running 2 minutes straight-- C25K works, i'll tell ya (even though i did a different version of it that is easier to follow). tomorrow is my weigh in day. i know that i am losing inches and getting more fit, but i'm ready for the scale to really show it. :[ this past weekend, i was within my weight watchers points and I jogged on my off day because i was feeling so sedentary, but i did eat more food than i usually do, so i'm worried...