Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #46  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Well I checked in with my weight this morning and it was 159 even after I went over a little yesterday. I work this weekend and my husband is going to be gone hunting so I'm hoping I wont over eat like normal! ughhh

And we had a wine festival here two weekends ago and I almost went but I ended up going out wtih friends that night and ingested too many liquid calories
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #47  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

yay! ander, you're really close to your goal! i weighed in low this morning too, so i'm in a good mood even though i had to change my exercise schedule due to an injury. i think its taught me that diet is more important than exercise when it comes to weight loss.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #48  
super awesome nubie!

S/C/G: 188/168.6/160

Height: 6'1"

Rock on Jay & Ander!!
I was 168.6 (I like details... LOL) and pretty happy with it considering I had an overindulging weekend and I didn't make ANY of my work out goals!

Today = BACK ON TRACK!
I don't have any excuses for falling off the wagon, but I HAVE to give HUGE props to everyone with kids/families and are able to stay on track! Go girls!
bexwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #49  
Keep on Keep'in on

Yay! I'm so proud of all of us!!!! I'm currently eating my lunch ( i had 2 SMALL pieces of pizza earlier about an hour ago) walked stairs.. and now I'm eating my real lunch. I'm still under my "Goal of calories" for the day.. so I'm not mad. I keep switching back and forth between weight watchers and calorie counting lol..

How's your knee jay?

and Bexwild I'm glad you're back on track

Last edited by Andrbeck; 10-05-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #50  
super awesome nubie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrbeck View Post
Bexwild I'm glad you're back on track
Thanks! I got through about 80% of my Jillian Micheals dvd and just had to stop in the middle of the last set of cardio... THAT'S what I get for not eating yesterday!

But my tum-tum feels much better today, so I'm guessing I'll be able to eat today & work out tomorrow... maybe I'll do yoga tonight (the gym @ my fiance's work has it 2x per week... It's just SOOO boring, LOL)

How does WW calculate the "points"?
I just like how veggies/fruit aren't counted! I do count fruit, but not veggies into my goals (unless that's all I eat in a day)
Old 10-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #51  
Keep on Keep'in on

I.Have.NO. IDEA ! I google everything... "how many WW points is......." I also have a calculator on my phone (ww diary) and if you type in fat, carb, protien, fiber it calculates it for me..

I have been considering doing zumba but I'm too chicken S to do it in front of people..

I also feel guilty because I am away from home from 7-6 and my son usually lays down for bed around 9-10 so I feel like I will be bad if I don't get home until 7 a few nights a week

What Jillian's are you doing?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 AM   #52  
super awesome nubie!

Family time is so crucial!
MY family never did anything active, but when the kiddo is older it'll be fun to have an active family

This will be long... but I want to give you all of the info I can

I alternate between JM's Ripped in 30 and Shred in 30. I started with Shred (and do it with my fiancee) because it is a bit easier, shorter, and doesn't require as much space (imagine a 6'1" women and 6'5" man leaping from side to side!). The Ripped is probably a good place to move to afterwords.

Shred has 3 levels and Ripped has 4... you are supposed to move on to the next after a week...
But it's been a month (not consistent) and I'm still on Level 1 of each... but I'm happy with the 315 EXTRA calories I burn in 30min (adjusted for my height, weight, BMR etc.) You can buy each from amazon, or (if your have a torrent downloader like u torrent) search thepiratebay.org for them... yay free! (illegal, I know, I know... but money is tight these days!

I've worked at a number of fitness places in my youth (24 hr, bally's, the bar method) and have taken a TON of fitness classes... and I REALLY like the JM videos... like, a LOT. I'm kind of embarrassed to tell people that know me that, LOL.

I hate gyms, but I thought I'd have to pay for classes with people to enjoy working out - but then again i'm kind of cheap... and I like my own pace

I have tried the 6 week 6 pack (lame title huh?) and while I like it, my back isn't up for half of the work out yet... but soon!

A few hints for accuracy, which helps Feeling like we're on track!:
I do suggest investing in a heart rate monitor if you don't have one. nothing fancy. I've had mine for like EVER and I splurged on a water proof one (polar f6)... which I love, but was dumb because when the battery dies I'll have to send it in to get replace I've heard good things about the Omron HR-100C... and it's like $30 on amazon! w00t!
Also TAKE MEASUREMENTS every 4-8weeks! They really help to gauge what's happening.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #53  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

My knee has been feeling better. It doesn't hurt anymore. I hope that that means that I will be ready to go back to running on Saturday. I'm happy to see everyone doing well!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #54  
Keep on Keep'in on

Bexwild- Thank you for the INFO!! Ugh I love your .. personality? Can I call it that with typing?? I have the 30 day shred video.. and I did it in the past and I did enjoy it.. but I haven't done it in a while and I will have to dust it off and try it again.. You've inspired me!

I also REALLY want to get a heart rate monitor or something like that.. but like you.. I'm CHEAP!

Jay- Good! I hope you can go back to running saturday too! Do you know what is wrong with your knee?

Well an Update for me is..... I have started packing my lunches every day.. along with snacks and I add up how many calories I have in my little sack of joy (ha) and I always leave around 400-500 calories for dinner because THAT is the most unpredictable meal of the day for me..

I've also decided to stay within the 1300-1500 calorie range daily and even if I work out I just think I haven't so I'm not doing too much adding subtracting..dividing.. you know

I did the bike for 20 minutes today and went 5 miles. I was pretty proud. I need to invest in an EReader or Tablet or something that I can use while I'm working out so I'm not staring at the timer.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #55  
super awesome nubie!

I get motion sick when I try to read and do cardio LOL. I used to listen to audio books, not like war & peace, but something light (the chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, etc) and the time flew!
I used to dance, so music makes me 8count and move to the beat... not very distracting lol
Old 10-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #56  
Keep on Keep'in on

haha yeah If I'm on the bike I don't have a problem reading.. because normally I'm just moving my legs.. but If I'm doing the treadmill I get a little sick from it.. but I thought I could catch up on my TV shows or something! Listening to an audio book would be good too.. hmm
Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #57  
Keep on Keep'in on

Well after a very binge full weekend .. I decided to go out on a limb.. and I dyd my hair! (first time EVER dying my whole head and not getting high lights.. i'm 22) I love it! It's a reddish brown..

Actually looking forward to weigh in this week since.. well I moved it to wednesday!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #58  
super awesome nubie!

Default The start of week 7 :) - End of week 6 :(

This will be a long post... I need it today!
Arg... 168.4lbs
.2 lbs down from last week. I'll be honest, I'm a little irritated - even though I know I was way HEALTHIER this week. I'm just bummed I didn't see the scale move (My irrational irritation for the day).
I DID take a 90min ballet barre class AND a "core" (abs) class yesterday so my body is evenly sore all over! It feels really good to dance again, although it IS really funny that since the class is in the late morning, the ivd/advanced class is all middle aged women... and they STILL act like dancers (cliquish, and not particularly friendly), LOL. I was in the beginning class, and thoes women took themselves MUCH less seriously
It doesn't hurt that the class is taught by a cute 26 year old Danish guy with a GREAT voice - very motivating I just kept laughing because my thighs get in the way of my feet b/c I am not a ballet-bodies stick figure LOL

I don't think I'll go back for the core class again tho - it had GREAT moves, but too many of them were on my shoulder - so I had to modify them The owner of the studio is a VERY serious French guy, who quite frankly I can hardly understand lol - but he's really nice... even when he comes over and steps on your abs to make sure they are tight hhahaha.

Ooo... I way at Fry's and saw that Kim Kardashian had fitness DVDs... and I was intrigued! So I downloaded them to see what they were like and actually, if a person is new to fitness, they are kind of cool because it's obviously she's not a trainer, but there is one there guiding HER through the movements... and it's always fun to watch people struggle through a work out! INSPIRING!

---? okay, enough about me... I hope you ladies are feeling about better about your weigh in day!

back to homework!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #59  
Keep on Keep'in on

Loving your post!!!! I am down 2 pounds since last monday.. I'm at 158 and I hope to never see 160 again if I'm not pregnant.

I was looking into a weight loss boot camp.. but the next one doesnt start until January and I don't know if my work/school/mommy schedule will let me do it.. It's 3 days a week for 3 weeks. but I still don't know if I can do it.. until then.. I am signing up for a "turbo kick" class... it's an hour one day a week.. so I'm hoping that will help.. I'm trying to start working out at least 4 days a week starting next week.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #60  
super awesome nubie!

That's how I felt when I was 168... I haven't weight less than 170 since I quit dance the first time and I dropped to 165 (loss of muscle I'm guessing)...