Old 07-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #1  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Default Autumn Beauties August Daily Check In - Everyone is Welcome to Join

Everyone is welcome to jump right in with your goals for the month of August. Let's set our goals and work really hard to reach them.

August Challenge:

1. Set a simple weight loss goal for the month of August ~ if you don't feel comfortable setting a weight loss goal, feel free to set a different weight-loss/eating goal (i.e. l stay at or below 1800 calories every day or I will stay within my Weight Watchers Pointsplus range etc.)
2. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to work-out in Aug.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.
4. Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so!

Bonuses (Should You Choose To Accept Them…)
On the days that you don't exercise:
•Pick 2 or 3 songs and just dance around to them. Your heart rate will be up and jumping for 10 minutes and you'll feel great (who doesn't like to burn off some energy/steam through dancing?!), or

•Park a little farther away from anywhere you go on that day (work, store, etc), or

•While you're watching TV why not pick up your hand weights and work those arm muscles.

LET'S ALL ROCK IT DURING MONTH OF August!!!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #2  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default My August Goals

My August Goals

1. Follow the WW PointsPlus program 100% for the entire month
2. Do at least 20 mins of exercise 5 times a week
3. Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day
4. Journal 31 days
5. Check in here every day
6. NO BINGES - stay 100% Binge free the entire month.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #3  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Day 1 - OP Challenge

Good morning everyone,

It's already the 1st of August. I can't believe how fast this year is going by. I am challenging myself to stay OP every day of this month. I know that I can do it if I put my mind to it. The first couple of days will be the hardest.

I hope you all have a great Monday!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #4  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Morning, beauties! I can't believe it is August already!! Last month flew by so quickly. My goals for August include:

1) Be close to 160.
2) Work out at least 4 times a week. I have a 5K to run in October, so that is my motivation.
3) Drink more water on the weekends.

I hope everyone has a great month...let's do this!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #5  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies!

I completely fell off plan during the last week of July, and as a result I went up several lbs. I'm not pleased with that, but I'm not discouraged. I am rather tired-and-cant-take-it-anymore, however, with the way I let obstacles throw me completely off track when it comes to my health goals. So my primary goal for August is:

1. Learn how to stay on plan during stressful times.

I think this will involve some serious soul searching, some research, and finding a new WW meeting and leader. The leader I had before is great but the meeting I was in was big...it made it hard to have one-on-one time. Maybe I could try another one of her meetings? This does speak to my second goal

2. Giving the WW program my all.

My other goals:
3. Weighing in daily (the only time I was OP last month was when I weighed in daily. I needed a new scale towards the end of last month...I know it's not why I fell off but it certainly did not help).
4. Checking in here daily
5. Insanity/30DS/Zumba/kickboxing(maybe) 6x a week.

Here's to a great month!

And to Emme for making it to goal last month!!!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #6  
~Kim~

Happy August everyone! A new month always makes me feel like I have a clean slate and I'm really glad to have one after I finished off July not so great. =)

August is going to be a bit different for me at some point. My best friend is having a baby and I'm going to visit the week after he's born. It's pretty up in the air when she'll have him, so I'm not sure when I'm leaving yet. After I visit her I'm going to visit my family for a few days as well before heading home. I would love to say I'm going to stay on plan the whole time I'm gone, but we all know how hard it can be when you're in vacation mode. I'm definitely going to do my best, but no weightloss goal because of this trip for the month of August. Hopefully I just go in the right direction. =)

So my goals for the month are going to be just to stay on plan as many days as possible, and to check in everyday I can to help me stay accountable.

I hope you all have a wonderful month!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #7  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good afternoon ladies,

Everyone's goals for August are great!

Kim - I'm with 'ya. A new month and a clean slate. For once, I want to stay 100% OP for an entire month.

So far, I'm having a good day. I need to start back posting what I eat.

Today:
B: mini bagel with a smear of lite cream cheese, banana, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: 1 breaded chicken tender, collards, peppers/onions/mushrooms, 1/2 C mashed potatoes made with light sour cream
D: Hillshire Farm RF ham on pumpernickel bread w/1 tsp mayo & mustard, baked Cheetos, 1 WW choc.
S: Special K protein snack bar, nectarine,
Exercise: walk or DVD
Old 08-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #8  
Let go laughing

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'10"

Well, it's not so much morning here - good evening My august goals -

1. lose at least 5 pounds which would put me at 225
2. work out at least 16 times (average 4 times a week)
3. NO SNACKING IN BED
4. Only 8 hours of TV per week

This month should be interesting for me. I just started a new job today, so it's going to take me a bit to get into having a routine again. That's a big part of why I did this challenge, I wanted something to help motivate me to keep my focus on my weight loss. It would otherwise be so easy for me to get caught up in working and being busy and lose track of my diet. DH and I are also trying to spend less time vegging out in front of the TV and instead spending that time together.
s rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #9  
Stay Focused & Committed

Welcome s rosa,

Your August goals are great! I hope we all have a very successful month.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #10  
~Kim~

I started the month off good. The only part that's been not so good is a massive headache for the second half of the day. Sugar withdrawl is always killer.. =P

I hope everyone has had a good day.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #11  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Kim - I hope the headache leaves soon and you make it through the sugar withdrawls. Glad you had an OP day in spite of the headache.

I also had a good day yesterday with my eating. Today I will focus on getting in a workout. My body is telling me that I need to get back to it. I am planning to do a short Firm workout to ease myself back into working out.

Emme - How's it feel to be at your goal? I am so happy for you

Penguin, Workinmom, Mandy, Lisa - I hope you all are doing okay.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #12  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Tricia ~ Staying on plan when stressed is one of the hardest things to do. It was one of my weak points and I really had to force myself to feel my feelings and deal with things as they were happening. I am sending lots of "good luck" wishes your way! [QUOTE=Tricia Fierce;3966705]Good morning ladies!

Kim ~ Yes, new months are like a clean slate! It can be hard to be OP when traveling, so it's good that you are not trying to force yourself to stay OP for the whole month. I hope your headache gets better today!

s rosa ~ Welcome! You have some great goals. Good luck to you! I hope the new job goes well.

GettinFit ~ I'm glad you had a good day eating yesterday! It feels really good when you know you've eaten well, doesn't it? You asked how it feels to be at goal: it feels refreshing. I am still eating the same ol' things I have eaten every other day because I am a creature of habit, but I am enjoying some other things that I haven't in a long time. I will always count calories (or at least have a good idea of what they are daily) otherwise I know I will eat more and gain weight. Getting to goal isn't an excuse for me to go pig out on food and I need to keep myself in check. So, while it is freeing in a sense, I still have to make sure that I stay on track. This is a "forever" thing.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #13  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm not sure what my problem was yesterday. I felt so drained. I woke up did a few things, took a nap, did a few more things, another nap, Hubby got home, we ate, and I slept the rest of the evening. I feel a little better today. I should after all that sleep!

Goal for the day: try not to take another nap!

Srosa, welcome, good to have you join us! I like your siggy quote.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #14  
Stay Focused & Committed

Emme - I saw your before & after pics for the first time and you have done an awesome job!!! I am so happy for you. I hope to be showing my before & afters this time next year

Penguin - I hope you feel more energized today.

Last edited by GettinFit; 08-02-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. You've all been plugging along while I was away I see. I'm still feeling new here so I'm going to just catch up with what's going on as we go forward. I just wanted you all to know that I'm back and I survived my 300 miler TRAM (The Ride Across Minnesota) ride. In fact, I hope to do it again next year but be a much slimmer and fitter rider by then! So, that means I need to get involved with this August challenge! Thanks for starting it GettinFit. If I lose 1 lb a week I could be at goal by the next TRAM!

Everyone's goals look great. I missed yesterday but I could add up what I ate and count up my extras as I'm doing WW PPlus. I am still trying to settle back in to life and figure out what didn't get done while I was gone but I can't afford to wait to get back in the groove here! I didn't lose any weight on my trip. Well...not true. I was down 1.5 when I first got home but gained it right back. That is OK with me. But, it's downward James from now on.

1) OP (WW PP) all of August (I will figure out my pts from yesterday.)
2) Exercise at least 5 days for 30 minutes
3) Post here at least 5 days a week
That's it! Sweet and Simple! I hope that being 100% OP will lead to at least a 5 lb loss but I'm not setting a wt loss goal.

I too, will post my food plans here as it helps me with accountability.
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote