Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-29-2011, 02:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Underwear

Does anyone have any advice for regular, everyday underwear material? I tend to get small bumps along the line where the underwear sits and am hoping someone out there has had experience with this and can offer some advice.

Oh, and currently I tend to wear a smooth synthetic blend -- don't ask me of what.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:08 AM   #2  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

I've had the same problem with bumps and irritation in the past (sexy!), especially after shaving, so I definitely know what you mean. I'm SO particular about the underwear I buy!

First, I've found that for me, 100% cotton undies are better for skin comfort than any other fabrics, or blends. Plus, I don't want anything satin or lacy for everyday wear, and it seems sometimes like that's all there is!

Second, I always look for pairs on which the waistband isn't too "significant" - if it's a big bulky band, or of a different material than the rest of the panties, it tends to make for very annoying hip bulges, or roll down goofy when I sit.

Finally, what's most important me for avoiding irritation is that the leg holes be "wrapped" - that is to say, not just exposed elastic. For example, Fruit of the Loom's basic cotton undies (like this: http://www.basicsportswear.com/newco...e%20ILD205.jpg) have leg holes that are basically just exposed elastic bands. Bad news on the irritation front!

I used to buy nothing but this one style of Gilligan & O'Malley 100% cotton hipsters from Target, but they stopped making them about a year ago so I'm forced to experiment.

I've had good luck with all of the following, however:

Hanes ComfortSoft Stretch Hipsters (about $10 for 3 pairs, Kohl's): http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...53y4rncFRmcaqA

Jockey 100% cotton Elance Bikinis (about $20 for 3 pairs, Kohl's): http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...J2yH6cr8ee9vEH

Gilligan & O'Malley Ultimate Modal Bikini (about $10 for 3 pairs, Target): http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...mSP7LMvYzl6Xnw

Your mileage may vary, but those are my recommendations off the top of my head. I like fuller-coverage "hipster" type styles, but of course these are all available in bikini or brief, or sometimes boy-short if that's what you prefer. Those last ones, by Gilligan & O'Malley, are the closest thing to my old favorites - they're a blend but very comfy and are really good for avoiding panty lines. As a caveat, though, they don't hold up terribly well to repeated washing/drying. At $10 for 3, though, I guess I didn't expect much!
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:24 AM   #3  

Sorry if TMI, but I wear the tiniest thong I've ever found. My friend calls it the "eye patch", that's how small it is. It gives me protection yet I can't even feel that I'm wearing undies at all.

The other thing you could do when working out, is wear pants that are reinforced at the crotch for ventilation and protection and wear no underwear at all. However, I'm not brave enough to do that...I've had 4 kids, ya know what I mean?
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I am absolutely in love with Ex Officio underwear! It's some sort of synthetic quick drying wicking fabric. I originally bought them for travel, because you can wash them in the sink and they'll be dry by morning, but they quickly became my favorites, especially in the summer.

I can't post links yet, but it's exofficio dot com

I like the boy shorts, but they have briefs, bikinis and thongs, too.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:58 AM   #5  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

I alway choose cotton since I have very sensitive skin. Currently, I'm liking the Hanes ComfortSoft styles cuz they're pretty cheap. If you want to spend more money, Barely There makes several nice styles/fabrics.

Oh and ROFL at the 'eyepatch'
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Well, for the undies suggestion, I have a few favorites:
Thongs: Gillian O'Malley Modal material. I especially like these for the gym.
Bikini: Victoria Secret Cotton or Barely There

Now for the bumps issue, I suggest always wearing cotton. And if you're doing any kind of hair removal in that area, always prepare and follow up with a product to prevent the bumps and skin irritation. I use No Bumps and I buy it at Sally's Beauty.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/no-bump-r...efault,pd.html

Last edited by Prism21; 05-30-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I recommend microfiber underwear. Its usually a little more expensive than the regular cotton brief but it doesn't leave a mark. It also stretches better, breathable, and lightweight. Microfiber comes in pretty much every cut of underwear.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I really like Warner's panties. I think this is one of the styles that I like.

http://www.freshpair.com/Warners-Sco...LAID=380298686

I get them at JC Penney. I've never had any irritation from them.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote