Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 08:20 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of October 28, 2002

Good morning!

Had trouble posting the thread yesterday so hopefully this one will go through!

Weekend went well for the most part. DS enjoyed himself at homecoming. Went to the 50th anniversary party for my aunt & uncle and got to see cousins I haven't seen in quite a while. It was nice. Didn't do bad at the dinner but afterwards DH decided to order out...need I say any more??? Anyway, I was back in the saddle yesterday and stayed within my range so that's a good thing.

The weather is turning progressively worse. My GF is coming in from Florida on Thursday and she's going to be greeted with cold & snow! It's looking like our trip to a tea room in Ohio is going to be put off since they're calling for Lake Effect snow on Saturday with a possible accumulation of 5-10". Watch, next weekend will be balmy *sigh*

Not much else happening around here...hope everyone is staying warm!
Old 10-30-2002, 07:18 AM   #2  

Hi Melissa.

It's getting colder here too, and the wind has been wild the last few days. A fine time for my sister and I to start early-morning runs again. Br-r-r-r.

Our disco Hallowe'en party was a blast. Lots of innovative costumes, loads of food, drink, etc. The good thing about hosting is that you have little time to eat or drink. I was up early the next day cleaning up; DH spent part of the morning on the couch - a wee bit hungover but he came around in the afternoon.

My sister and I went to our first symphony on Sunday afternoon. I'd been wanting to for a long time and they offered a mini subscription this year of four performances. This way, I get to sample the various offerings and find out what I like. Enjoyed most of Sunday's very much.

Not much else new. We'll be awaiting the trick-or-treaters with much anticipation tomorrow nite. I must get that stuff out of the house soon!

TTFN
Old 10-30-2002, 09:04 AM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Definitely cold the past few days. They say this might be a killer winter. Oh, no!

Last week was a total bust. Too busy today to go to my meeting. Maybe tomorrow or else I will weigh at home. I dread to see what the numbers will say.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Myra: The forecasters keep tossing around the *snow* word and I'm hoping that it will pass us by, but knowing my luck it will hit with a vengeance. I had a rough week as well so I can emphathize with you. I'm striving for a better week this week.

Susan: It's been on the quiet side here. I enjoy taking in new cultural events when I can.

I went to my meeting today at noon and was up .4 which is no surprise because I've been snacking on those little snicker miniatures...thank goodness the bag is gone. They just popped right in my mouth without even a second thought. Didn't help that Saturday and Sunday I was up in my points range. Today starts a new week and I'm planning on staying in some sort of control. It might be a bit of a challenge because I'm going out for dinner this evening, I'm off on Friday and Saturday I'm supposed to be going out of town for the day with my girlfriend. Saturday may not happen depending on the weather situation here. Anyway, I'm hoping to get out and get some walking in or some form of exercise.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:49 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Hi Everyone,
I've been remiss in posting here. I have tons of stuff that I am avoiding doing and they gotta get done....

Its cold here too. It frosted last night. I would love to take a few hours off today (its sunny) and put the community garden year round plot to bed. I have to pull up some tomatoes and cut back some other stuff. I guess I'll just do it, work be damned.

Tired here too. I think its the time of year. I hate the fact its dark at 5pm.

I have a week before we leave for London. Where did the time go? I guess I should be happy I still fit into my clothes and I have a pair of six 6 jeans that will be fine by next month.

As for Halloween, we got our orange lights up on our canoe (it sits in the eaves of our house), bought the fine halloween candy and its not getting opened until tomorrow evening. The rest goes to work or with DP to school. I don't even want to touch the stuff.

However, the eggnog lattes are already out! Yikes.

Everyone, button up and enjoy the day.

lala
Closed Thread