Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-25-2010, 01:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: ---/---/120

Height: 5'2

Smile The Importance of Beautiful Hair

I am one of those people who obsess over my hair.

It has to be perfect.
I'm sure we have lots of ladies who have luscious locks and are just waiting to show them off.

:]

How important is the appearance of you hair to you guys?
Do you dye your hair?
How often do you style it?
Curly or Straight?
JustImagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

I don't obsess over my hair, I don't have that kind of time. I do dye it, to cover the gray, and use a good shampoo/conditioner. I take care of it, but certainly don't have time to flat-iron it every day. And since it's so humid lately, the flat iron wouldn't help much anyway.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285(after pregnancy)/267/150

Height: 5'7"

I am like that, too (although since I've been home after having a baby, I've been less so). I have my hair cut and highlighted every 8 weeks and never go too short. I feel like my hair is one of those attractive qualities I have (versus always feeling self conscious about my weight).
gerbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #4  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I've always been disappointed in my hair.

It was a beautiful color when I was a young child, but it darkened to a less interesting shade that people call "auburn" just to be kind.

It's fine & thin.

I wasted much of my youth trying to wear it long. It's really not meant to be long. Not at all. Back when my hair was long, I looked like I belonged to a plain-living 19th century religious sect that eschews female adornment as a sign of the devil.

So I wear it short. Which means getting it cut a lot.

My solution has been to go to a gifted hairdresser & give him lots of money & trust him absolutely & to do everything he says to do. If he says shorter, I do it. If he says it's time for highlights, I make an appointment to put them in. If he says we need to do something different, I agree with him.

It's so much simpler.

I will follow him wherever he goes. He has in me a lifelong customer. He cannot move away, retire or die. I prefer to think of us growing old together, with my attendants wheeling me in a chair to the salon once a week, as my only outing to the larger world outside the nursing home.

Last edited by saef; 06-25-2010 at 11:50 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

Awesome post, Saef Love your new picture, by the way.

I feel the same way about the person who does my hair, Sara. She's young enough to be my daughter, funky and hip and nurturing, with lots of pretty tattoos and piercings. I trust her the same way that you trust your hairdresser. She always asks what I want to do, but I really tend to follow her recommendations, so if she says she feels it's too light, then we go darker. I might ask her to add more layers, but I don't try to tell her what that means--sometimes she'll just do regular layers, sometimes she gets all chunky and assertive with it and I just go along with it because it always comes out fab.

I have had hair to my mid-back but now it's just past my shoulders. I can't do short hair because it makes me feel like this big tall body with a teeny little head on top. So right now it's a little past my shoulders, layered with bangs, and lots of funky highlights (dark carmel, blonde and a couple of sassy red streaks). I love Sara and I have followed her from shop to shop for years now. I wanted her to marry my son, but then she messed things up by going out and finding someone on her own.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #6  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

I love my hair, and I try really hard to take good care of it. I've been going to the same hairdresser for over 15 years, since I was in a booster seat! Haha. It's weird being in a different city now. I just can't find someone who knows my hair like she does.

I used to hate my red/auburn hair, and for most of high school and my first year of college, I bleached it platinum blonde... poor hair. Last year, I got tired of burning my scalp and dyed it back to my natural color, and I've left it alone since. It's vibrant and pretty and I have no idea why I hated it! I am trying to grow it out to about mid back level. It's several inches past my shoulders at the moment. I use Lush solid shampoo and conditioner on it, and the only heat that touches it is the hairdryer on medium and VERY occasionally (like maybe a couple of times a year) hot rollers or a curling iron. I've never used a straightener on it and never will, mostly because it's already naturally fine and pin-straight.

Sometimes I wish it were at least a little wavy or something, because it's hard to get it to have any volume, but I like that it's manageable.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/114/110

Height: 5'3

Happy Friday everybody!!
I am pretty conservative when it comes to my hair style. I need to take care of it regularly especially because I have lots of gray hair since I was very young (it's a family curse!!!) so it needs to be dyed otherwise I would look 10 years older!!!

Cheers,

Caribbean Girl

Last edited by caribbeangirl02; 07-06-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Grammar
caribbeangirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #8  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

I have no talent for fixing my hair. It is very fine, wavy, and grows really fast so hard to even get a clever cut. So I've always worn it boy short or very long. The last time I had it cut short was in my mid-twenties and discovered that cut didn't suit my face anymore and have worn it long since.

And it's become so much of my identity that even though I'm 50 now, no rush to cut it off (my mum started telling me when I was 30 that I was too old for long hair). It's really healthy looking (the good news of having no talent is it hasn't been baked with styling tools or exposed to "product") and very little grey so I only color it every other month with a wash out product.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #9  

I have fine hair as well. My hair also does not react well to humidity.

BUT, I've come to realize that during times of hot weather, my hair looks better moosed and curly, rather than flat ironed.

I actually dye/cut/style my own hair. It's something I've always loved and will continue doing. I don't really trust stylists.

I like to grow my hair long, but had a bad incident with a stylist (another reason I don't trust them) which left me with a horrible short cut.

My hair is Light Copper Blonde, I love the colour, even if I have to go through a bit of pain during the bleach/colour part of it.

I wish I could show you guys a picture, but I'm still new it doesn't let me. :[
Old 06-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

My hair is naturally curly and a reddy brown color. I hate the color, I know that the color your born with is suppose to be the one that suits you the best, but I like black much better so I dye it black. I like the curls but I also like to straighten my hair sometimes (like in my avatar) if I'm in the mood. Most days I just let my curls go, though, especially in the summer when it's just too hot to bother with blow drying and straightening it.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #11  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I am a dark blonde, ash to be exact. Not a nice colour at all so I get highlights put in and I take care of the roots on top. I have straight hair so this means every 3-4 weeks for the root touch up. I use that stuff by the way, 1/3 of a box is all I use then I save the rest for next time.
I was a platinum blonde as a child but wouldn't go that blonde again.
My hair grows fast, 3/4" a month so I have it long with layers.
My hair dresser takes good care of me and it's cut every 3 months when I get the highlights done.
I've had it short most of my adult life but found that the style needed to be fixed up every 3 weeks and that didn't work with my stay-at-home-mom budget.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #12  

I don't recommend cutting your hair every 3 months. I actually think women need a haircut maybe twice a year. Once is my recommendation.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but when you cut your hair, the first month or so your hair will be dull and it will not grow. It's seriously because your hair dislikes the cuts. It almost gets mad at you, and it can even cause your hair to stop growing for a long period of time. ;/

I don't get my hair cut at all, and it grows so fast.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 161/135/115

Height: 5'3"

I just got back from the beach and the ends of my hair are DEAD. It's been bleached and abused in the past, so I think it was on its last leg anyway. It's down to my mid back right now, but I absolutely cannot stand fried looking hair, so I'm probably getting it chopped to around shoulder length in a week or two.
Halfhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #14  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

I have very difficult hair - fine, slightly wavy, and it grows like crazy - so it's hard to find a good cut. Most stylists are afraid of me. And my colour is really weird - kind of an ashen strawberry (like dish-water blond with a bit of a red hue). I'd really like to have it coloured but dyes wash out in about a week.

I'd love to have beautiful hair, but I haven't figured out how to make that happen.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustImagine View Post
I don't recommend cutting your hair every 3 months. I actually think women need a haircut maybe twice a year. Once is my recommendation.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but when you cut your hair, the first month or so your hair will be dull and it will not grow. It's seriously because your hair dislikes the cuts. It almost gets mad at you, and it can even cause your hair to stop growing for a long period of time. ;/
Nope, never happened to me. Not once.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote