Old 06-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #1  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Default Wow. How Huge Am I?

Hey everyone!
I've been MIA for a week (or two weigh-ins). I went on a family vacation to Colorado for a wedding.
While I was there, I noticed the look on peoples faces that haven't seen me in 3 years. The shock (wide eyes, skimming my body), followed by the open armed hug "How are you?!!"
I'm extremely low right now. Usually I live by the "I don't care what people think about me" rule....but this time I care what I think about ME. The photos of the wedding-they're horrifying. I'm embarrassed and sad. I'm just low.
I gained 6lbs while there. Between the food and the beer-I should have known better. I did know better. But I thought hey, they've already seen me, right? What difference does it make?
I'm back on a plan-the low carb plan. I did it twice before. The first time, I lost 40lbs and looked really good; I got pregnant The second time I lost 30lbs of baby weight and then just veered away from the lifestyle. Not anymore. I'm back. And I can do this. Right?
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

speaking of wedding pictures, its like they take pictures of you to make you look really bad. i just went to one at 184 two weeks ago, i look like a manatee! but only in my own head. i saw pictures from a year ago and i thought, wow thats the worst, when i was at 230-something.
so it makes me want to celebrate my losses instead of beat myself up for eating bad foods and drinking (which always get me)

you can do this, because i can do this. i think you and i are in the same boat.
Crystalynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Hey, I know how you feel too. But why don't you let that fuel your determination? Next get-together no one will believe how svelte you are.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/227/150

Hang in there!!!! I know how you feel.....my daughter graduated from the 8th grade in May and I wouldn't allow anyone to take a picture of me........I feel like the fat mom.....funny thing is I am usually the biggest gal at events and I ALWAYS feel invisible......don't know if that makes sense. Keep working hard and before you know it people will be giving you that look because you look so amazing.
bmwbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #5  
Philly Dancing Queen

S/C/G: 265/245/170

Height: 5 ft3

I say - take the pictures. Remember the Manatee. And a year from now, when you are a svelte salmon (or at least, a skinnier sardine) you can see how far you've come. Really.
toomuchmoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/219/170

I can relate. 5 years ago, I was thin and felt great. Now that I've gained all the weight back and then some I HATE seeing people I haven't seen since then. BUT, I know I can do this! I know I can get the weight off and keep it off! You can too

BTW, we weight almost the same (I'm a couple pounds heavier) and are the same height. So I know exactly how you are feeling right now.
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #7  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Thanks, girls-and Rhonda, I scour these forums for people the same height/weight as me! Good to meet ya!

Just fyi, It wasn't my wedding, it was my little brothers. I can't imagine what the pics look like...blech. I guess I should just get skinny and request all family/friends meet up with me when that happens. Or send them pictures
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/217.1/130

Height: 5'5"

Of course you can do this!! I am rooting for you!!!!
Evee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #9  
Finally doing something!

S/C/G: 223/180.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I started at the same weight as you and I'm only an inch taller than you. I've lost 40 lbs and it feels so good! If I've done it, you can do it too! I just went to visit my in-laws and my husband's family was so impressed. You'll have your moment to shine in front of your family too, just wait!
Caro0811 is offline   Reply With Quote