Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-16-2010, 02:33 AM   #1  

Default Hi

Hi, first of all, I look forward to meeting all of you!

This is my story.

About a year and a half ago, I became very concerned about my weight and began my extreme diet and an exercise routine which i adhered to for at least 6 days a week. I began losing weight quickly, and to my satisfaction I was able to lose 35 pounds over a few months.

Later, people started noticing my dieting/exercising behaviors, and I met symptoms for eating disorder not otherwise specified. At first I was not particularly concerned, and I think I enjoyed being on the skinny side. However, as I started learning more about eating disorders I realized that my health was deteriorating in many ways, and I started allowing myself some treats to gain a few pounds.

Unfortunately, at that point there were also many stressors in my life, and I have always been a stress-induced binger my entire life. Over a period of 2 months, I gained 20 pounds through indulging in sweets, stuffing myself at buffets... Later, I started controlling my behaviors but I simply lacked the motivation to do so. I stopped dieting and stopped exercising. While my rate of weight gain did slow down slightly, it wasn't long until I found myself weighing more than my pre-diet weight. Eventually, I was able to stop gaining weight, but I was not able to go back to the routine that I had before and thus my weight maintained at the current level.

I am considered overweight according to my BMI calculation, while most, if not all my friends are underweight. I know that my friends will not discriminate against me based on my weight, but I feel self conscious being around them when they try on their size 00 while I go for a size 8. I have stopped attending my school's social events (the ones that require a dress) because I simply do not look good in a dress (might I add that I do not put on weight in flattering parts of my body).

Now, my school stress is increasing again and I have been binging a lot. I really can't afford to lose more weight. I hope that I will be able to start losing weight healthily by keeping myself accountable here. I also hope that we can support each other and work towards a healthier life style / body weight!

Thank you for reading!
conanedogawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Ugh! Sounds like a roller coaster I've ridden before. The catch-22 is the stress makes you eat, then gaining weight (or not losing it) makes you stress.

PLEASE try not to be so hard on yourself. When you're older, you'll actually realize that a size 8 is not fat. It's a natural size to be; much smaller than the average size of an American woman which I think is a 14. It's just difficult when comparing yourself to your less than natural sized friends. So, TRY to stop comparing yourself and just love who you are. Embrace the curves and be confident (even if you have to fake it). You're trim figure (yes, I said trim figure) along with a big smile and good personality will win over anyone. If it doesn't, they aren't worth your time.

PLEASE don't let your self-consciousness make you miss out on some of the best times you will have in your life! Go out, go to dances, HAVE FUN!!!

Hope you feel better soon and that you are able to find a happy place for you. See you around the boards.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #3  

Thank you for your encouragement! Yes, I am really trying to get out of that stress - binge - stress cycle =/

I try not to compare myself to my friends, but it's so inevitable because my weight always stands out compared to all my skinny friends.
conanedogawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #4  

Why not join in the binge free challenge here.. and work on not binging a day at a time.

Think about each day in the morning regards to food.. what are you going to order in the cafe.. what are you going to eat for the evening meal.. etc..

Don't buy problem foods.. then you can't eat them..

Cheers
JennyWren is offline   Reply With Quote