Old 03-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekend Slump?

How do you guys stay on track on the weekends? I did fairly well on Friday and Saturday, worked out Sunday but sorta fell off the wagon last night. I feel so yucky and blah today and *know* better...I'm disappointed in myself.

I'm going to drink a lot of water and eat lots of veggies/fruit today but I wish I could go one week without cheating.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #2  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Long story short, I don't. So I'm not much help in that department lol but I can commiserate.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #3  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

It really is hard.. especially if there is stuff going on. I went to a wedding shower and actually didn't eat the cake. BIG thing for me. BUT the beginning of the week I didn't do that great, so I had to make sure the rest of the week was good.

My DH works offshore, so hes gone every other week. Its so much easier to stay OP with him gone.. when he is home he wants to go out to eat. Hard to say no. So I am going to have to make it a point to cook dinner so he can't ask
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

LOL. I hear you about the cake...I went to a baby shower this weekend and they had the cutest cupcakes (I don't even like sweets but I was tempted). I also turned down Taco Bell on Friday (which was huge for me). Don't know what happened to my will power on Sunday. Oh well, back on track I guess.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #5  
aka christina :)

S/C/G: 142/118/116

Height: 5'5

ugh, i know. i always try to allow myself more calories on the weekends but theres still so much temptation!
diornotwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #6  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

My sister would always allow herself one day, usually on the weekend, to not think about her diet. It seemed to work for her very well. That way when you are thinking of snacking you can just say no I'll wait till sunday for that and by having one day to do this, will make you keep better track of the splurging you've done.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I tend to slip a little on the weekends, but since I am so active and work 8 hour days on the weekends I tend to burn off the extra calories.
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #8  
Workin' on it...

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

As some of the others have said, I had planned to give myself at least one "flex" day on my diet. In the past, though, I have really struggled with feeling like all my diet was focused on was what I couldn't have. Any "days off" would be horrible, with me wanting everything in sight. I wanted this time to be different.

While I tend not to track my calories in FitDay over the weekends (just not around the computer so much), I find that by allowing myself to have the things that I want everyday (just in much smaller portions), I'm behaving myself on the weekends, too! Even just in these couple of months, I'm feeling like I've got a whole new mindset about food. I still love it, but I'm not as dependent on it, somehow.
MisplacedMyHailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Ugh I have the same issue! Some weekends I do great and others, like this past weekend, are terrible! I wish I could stay OP all weekend, but man it is so hard! And I really hate when I do well all day and then self-sabotage at night, it feels like such a waste! And then I am so upset with myself the next day. I think having one cheat day a week is a good idea, but not sure if I would be able to stop at one day.
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #10  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

My biggest problem is when I let myself get hungry. I knew I was going to be going to CPK this Saturday and I had planned to order whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce and a small salad. When I got there I hadn't eaten in for about 6 hours and I had been volunteering all morning with kids. I was STARVING, and thus ended up eating a whole pizza. *sigh*

That's why I have to be sure I eat every few hours and carry snacks with me.
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #11  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

i allow myself 1 cheat day a week..i've lost alot of weight even with days i've at up to 3000 calories.but i dnt really see why i have to hold myself in because of trying to lose weight..its a lifestyle change and things happen..you cant always eat perfectly.if you mess up..get back on track the next day.

Last edited by Brit; 03-21-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I'm not worrying about this tweak right now.

I'm still quite new at this current effort so just food logging and working out and logging that is a big challenge.

I remember from my last successful effort I'd gotten to the place where I could take either Sat or Sun "off" from the food log and still be ok because my "eyeballing" skills had gotten good and even on my weekend free day I could keep it at a sensible treat and not go all awry.

This was for things like parties or weddings where I didn't know what the food situation would be.

For dining out, by that point I'd already made my list of fav restaurants and what I could get at each one that was still mostly on program.

I'm still making that list for myself now. The old one won't work -- things have closed, changed, etc.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-21-2010 at 09:53 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #13  
Samantha417

i usually do well on the weekends, but I went off track every day this weekend. Tomorrow is a fresh start and I'll be very good from now on! It was the first time that the weather was amazing, so I opted to stay outside instead of going to the gym. haha

Last edited by Samantha417; 03-21-2010 at 10:18 PM.