Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 09:06 AM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default #157 It's only the weekend, right?

It's not beautiful outside today, but I feel good inside. Through a lot of encouragement from PNG I stood up to my husband yesterday, and actually held on, and I believe managed to win the battle. No, things have not drastically improved, but they improved enough to make it ok. Besides the fact that I will take him just understanding better any day!!! We agreed to make a list of the tasks that need doing, and then split them up, and he'll do his, and I'll do mine. So hooray!!

What is it about the weekend that always throws us off? Any ideas? You would think that weekends would be better, we usually have more hours in the day that our "Ours", we can have more time to exercise... yet it seems that every weekend, no matter HOW good intentions are, something happens to throw us off... Any ideas girls? We need to conquer the weekend!

Jiffy - I KNOW you can make it to 200. My thoughts and hopes and good wishes are with you. But 199 is a HUGE accomplishment! I am SO proud of you!

gbo - so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.. you are in my prayers to continue healing quickly!

Jenniffer - good luck on the job!! You can do it!!!

bella - have you lost inches? Always look at that too.. I've found that even when I don't lose pounds I usually lose inches. Give the low carb a little while.. hopefully you'll see a GREAT loss. Hope that your daughter gets well QUICK!

velvet - a little pizza never killed anyone. Besides I know I could NEVER EVER Stick to a diet that didn't allow pizza!!!

hope everyone else is doing well!
Lots of love,
Beth Anne
Old 05-31-2002, 10:59 AM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Ladies...

I've decided to brave the scale today and go to the open weigh-in in about an hour. I've been OP for four days straight, and I'm feelin' good. I've decided that no matter what the scale says, I will be fine with it. I will let you know when I come back.

This weekend will be a little busy for me. Today, there's a picnic at DH's work. Afterwards, though, I'm going to the gym for the first time in forever and the kids are going swimming. Hubby works at the local university and got a family membership to the campus gym for $20 a month! I'm excited! I really enjoy lifting weights, and I think it's going to help me get back on track with my running. (About two years ago, I was running about 8 miles a week. Not much, but still more than I'd done since high school!)

Tomorrow, we're going to my daughter's state recogition ceremony for the gifted program. She scored high enough on her standardized tests in 6th grade to be eligible to take the ACT for "grins and giggles" in 7th grade. Do you know that girl scored a 28 on the reading part, a 26 on the English, and a 22 overall? (Son took it two years ago...scored a 31 on the Science and a
24 overall.) If you don't know, those scores are all out of 36. It only takes an overall 18 to get into a state college.

Okay, I'm done bragging on my spawn now I also joined a listserv (?) at flylady.net. She's supposedly this huge home organization guru - I read about her in Time magazine. My house....UGH! It got so neglected during the school year. My husband is not much help (bless his pointy little head ) and kids do such a half a$$ed job of their chores, they might as well not do them at all. (but I'll never say that out loud!) I hope it helps. I get really stressed when I come home to a pigsty, and stress = food for me.

Anyhow, I didn't intend for this post to turn into a mini-novel! I'll post again with my weight later.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:07 AM   #3  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

*YAAAAAAAAAAWN!* I don't know what weekends do to us all, maybe it has something to do with back in the day, when we were kids, the weekend were our free days, no school, plenty of cartoons to keep us amused, so on.... not THIS weekend though... not me, no way, hehe, it is time, high time to get back on track... can't afford not to, I have clothes shopping to do soon

I am still all bloated...bleah, must drink LOTS of water today...try and get some of it off of me, the worst part is my poor feet , can't even hardly get my feet in my shoes...

Well Beth, my superwoman I'm SO happy things seem to be working out better.... just remember, it's the same as everything else, a work in progress, you start slacking off on him, you'll be back in that mess again..

well, I'll have to come in and post more later, have to move my behind so the man can get on before work
Old 05-31-2002, 11:37 AM   #4  

It's gonna be a hot one today. But..I am working in the a.c. so I won't be too miserable.

It's finally Friday! Woohooooo!

I have been doing pretty good, trying to prepare myself for the weekend. I agree with PNG, it must be from when we were kids. Weekends were our free time.

Too bad we just don't understand were sabotaging our efforts each weekend.

Not much planned for the weekend, a party tomorrow and movies tonight. I am going to see The Sum of All Fears, I can't wait.

Velvet..That was a very thoughtful thing for your neighbor who passed on. Happy her brother fulfilled her wishes, and that you enjoyed it.

Jiffy..Congrats on the new loss! You are gonna hit that mark in no time! Rafael sounds like a cutie. 30 huh? Well...heehee Go for it girl!

BA..Glad you and hubby talked some things out. Men are impossible sometimes. Just their nature. Gotta be put back in line alot.

Jennelle..Brag away girl. You should be bragging for both of them. You seem very proud of both of them and should be. You ONLY ran 8 miles a week 2 yrs ago? Wow. I can't barely run at all right now. Give yourself more credit chickie.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Let's all report on Monday that we survived a weekend without giving into the temptations.

Old 05-31-2002, 12:37 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Spent 2 hours at the doctor this morning.. yuck! My dd (who is 2 1/2) had a fever for 3 days.. so it was time to take her in. Turns out the poor kid has a urinary tract infection.. Sara just about lost it when they had to do the cathater (sp??) She is not potty trained yet so that was the only option... I cried like a baby. I hate to see her in any kind of pain. Hopefully the meds will work and clear things up soon. I have to bring her back in 10 days.. pray that I get her potty trained by then!

As for the diet.. not too bad. I've been eating my max points.. need to call that success. The fact that I haven't quit is success One day at a time.. right?

This weekend is going to be pretty low key.. depending on how Sara is feeling. We were going to try get to the zoo, hoping that still can happen.

Got errands to run before lunch.. will be back later!

BA - glad to hear that things are better.. what day is moving day?

velvet - we eat pizza about once every 2 weeks or so. I am trying to learn moderation.. when making decisions I ask myself - can I do this for the rest of my life? ie. eat turkey bacon? (I love it - so the the answer is yes!) can I live without regular soda.. yes.. can I live without pizza? no - so figure a way to make it work - ie. no more meat lovers... limit # of slices.. I must have a salad with it.. balance. Hey.. and when it's free $ isnt' it also free in points??

Dana
Old 05-31-2002, 03:32 PM   #6  

Well other then not going to the gym, I have had a great OP day. I take my daughter for a check up today. To see what the doc says she has or doesn't have.

It's been a long day!!! I have a lot of stuff to do when I get back from the doc. So I will get some kind of a workout. I have to wash and wax the truck, sand the boat, and fix the lawn tractor. Wow, a lot to do and not a lot of time, lol.

I want to take the girls to see SPIRIT sometime this weekend. I hope they like it. I think it looks very good.

Well hope all of you have a great weekend. I'll post again later.

Bella23
Old 05-31-2002, 05:21 PM   #7  
gbo

Hi Darlins......Checking in early as Hubby has to do the church news letters this evening. So I have lost another 1 1/2 lbs and sit at an even 298. As the day progressed I noticed the swelling the Doctor warned me about is occuring but who cares I got my weight before it began! So I have lost 40lbs since I started here and 53 1/2lbs since I began. I am quite pleased. Certainly not the mind staggering amount I had thought of at first but not one bit shabby none the less. Oh how unreasonable we are with ourselves when we begin. We will never fall or stumble and we will lose a hundred pounds in a month or two....... my how we set ourselves up to fail! Then we get all bent and sad, depressed and well you know. Silly isn't it!

I saw a most intresting article about overweight people. As I am one of the number included I read this with great intrest. Stress. Stress is the key factor to weight gain in children and adults and our ability to cope. Stress from our lives and from within. I have given this much thought and spent a sleepless night pondering the reality of this statement. For those with good stress management skills weight is not so much of an issue. Let us take a moment and reflect on this........ when you have an arguement with your spouse what is the result. Eat. Kids making you crazy..eat, lose someone you love......eat, divorce....eat feel guilty about your weight....eat, in a rush, to busy to breathe ....eat and so on. No it is not carrots or protein we grab it is the very things that cause us the real problems to begin with. Our coping skills are poor and we sure are good at putting self imposed pressure on ourselves. Someone disappointing you? Feeling bad? Self value issues pushing on you? No problem eat, eat, eat!!!!

In truth I wonder are you all as good at pressuring yourself as I am? I am not losing enough weight fast enough.... I do not like the way I look..... I have to work so hard just to get anywhere...
but I want to taste that....... my genetics are bad........ a little bit won't hurt and then dread the scale? The weight takes my energy and my energy is so low..... I have to push myself all the time....... I just want to relax...... don't ask anything of me right now..... I wish I could (oh so many of these)..... If I were smaller I could...... and on and on. Self imposed stress so everyone aound us just makes it worse without really trying and your patience with others and yourself becomes nill!!! In truth what anyone else or life does would not be so important if we felt in our hearts we could cope but how aften do we feel we can't ?

I want your ideas on some coping skills we can all use on a daily basis to avoid the pitfalls from ourselves, others and life.
Together we can work this out, alone obviously we cannot.
I will be reflecting on this today and shall post my conclusions to add to yours over the next few days, but kids we have to resolve this. How many times have we all had major problems and said to each other just do what you have to and don't worry about your weight right now. I think this may be a major fumble on all of our parts. This may be how we got here to begin with. I have considered this carefully and found it totally valid. Tell me what you think.
Pam
Old 05-31-2002, 05:35 PM   #8  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

I don't know if it was a big water loss, or being so OP for the last four days, or the exercise, but I lost 6.5 lbs! That's everything I put on over the past two weeks. Now I need to keep it off

Jennelle
242.5/227/140
15 lbs. down
14.6% of the way to goal!
Old 05-31-2002, 06:03 PM   #9  

Well, my day went better then expected. I took my daughter to the doctors and that went ok, but I finely got them to give the ok to take my youngest to an allergist(sp?). So we will finely see if it's an allergy that is making her have a rash all the time.

But that wasn't even the good part. As most of you know, I have changed programs from slim fast to a low carb plan. Anyway, while I was there I stepped on the scale and wouldn't you know it. It said I weighed 273.5. WAAAHHHOOO!!!!! That just made my day. I taked to the nurse and she assured me that it was an accurate scale. So I am just on top of the world. I know it's not water weight as I have barley drank enough water to say so. So I am just flying high righ now.

I changed my stats below to reflect this new loss. I just can't wait till I'm below 270. I havent' been that low since I got pregnant with my second. So I can't wait.

I'm on my way to getting my mini goal.

Well thanks for listening to me brag. And I wanted to say congrats to Jennelle for her loss as well.

I can't wait to weigh in on Monday at the gym.

Bella23
Old 05-31-2002, 08:58 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

Default so fabulous, bella!!!!!

congratulations!!!! and to you, too, jennelle and gbo!! you LOSERS!!!!! it's so cool to say that and have everyone smile...

and glad the kidlets are all getting well...

as for the weekend, nothing major planned except errands... including WATCH SHOPPING!!!! and maybe SHOE SHOPPING> and PANTS SHOPPING> [these are really getting waayy too big]

i figure that by monday i will have lost that pesky pound, so it'll all be legal. after all, it's that TOM. and ick!!!! when i was so much heavier, it never showed up, which was just fine with me, but a couple of months ago it started up again. when, oh when will menopause hit?????? puuulleeeese????????

we had a thunderstorm move through here about an hour ago. and now, no cable. so, it's back to what to do with good old alzheimer's mom??? maybe i'll finish posting and go play some rummy with her.

bella, hope you're planning to tell the low-carb chicks... they'll be so proud of you, too. ok ok ok. maybe a bit noisy about it, but that's a happy thing.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:49 AM   #11  

Lightbulb Introduction!!

Hello Everyone here! I was told about this web site a few days ago by a coworker who just joined WW, but doesn't have a computer at home, so she asked me to come search for recipes for her...

I think I'll stick around... reading all of these messages is the kick in the pants that seems to be getting me back on track to getting healthy..

So.. I'll tell you a quick bit about myself...

I'm 27.. and live in Saskatchewan, Canada.. Weigh the most I've ever weighed, 253lbs... and want to lose 100 of those pounds..

Until now, this desire has been only a dream.. I wasn't really ready to do anything about it.. But now that I'm on medication for depression, at a crappy, but easy and more or less stress free job I hate.. not feeling like I'm falling apart emotionally, I'm ready to do something about the weight.

Made my first big step this week by cutting out the Pepsi.. which I'd probably have a super big gulp or two of a day.. I'm having coffee, black, in the morning for the caffeiene.. and drinking diet pop and water in the mean time.. Tomorrow begins the watching of what I'm eating.. and the real fun...

What works for people out there? I don't know even where to start, so many people say this or that plan works, or to stay away from certain diets..

I'm walking to and from work, which is 1/2 hour each way.. every day next month.. didn't even get a bus pass, so I can't cheat and take the bus... Don't know how far it is..

But.. that's where I'm at..

Starting my journey at 253...

Making a few long term changes...

To lose 100 lbs...

Nice to meet you all,

LauraM

aka MysterySquirrel
Old 06-01-2002, 05:51 AM   #12  
gbo

Well Laura ...first thing is WELCOME. You will find this a great place with an ocean of support and even the needed TLC where called for. This is a great bunch and a blessing beyond belief.
Now, Darlin" you have to choose a diet plan for yourself. Any diet can be unhealthy or healthy depending on whether or not you follow instuctions and are wise with what you do. I highly recommend you find one that is most acceptable to you and your life style. I choose low carb myself but there are many plans to choose from. Find the one you feel you can live with for a long extended period of time. Do not think you will drop 100 pounds in a month or two or 6 for that matter. It takes time and there will be times when you body has to readjust your metabolism. At those tims you may get stuck for a while....but no matter the weight will come tripping down the scale. Sometimes it bounces down and other times it is tooth and nail. Is it worth it? You better believe it is. I love to see my clothes falling off me and wear clothes I haven't worn in 10 years. I just made it under 300lbs but you can do it and together ..... we can accomplish
miracles. Our resident nurse can be of help with medical questions...Sue so have no fear the water is fine.....come on in!!!
Pam
Old 06-01-2002, 07:33 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Well Hello all

I am an old 100# club regular. It is great to see the activity here. It had slowed awhile ago. Alot of positive support and enthuseasm (sp).

I post regularly with Pam over at the misc. clubs. And she suggsted that I read the stress post.

Stress is my major trigger. I stress over most things. I am a perfectionist and hold myself the very high standards. I do not like to fail. And this keeps me from trying new things. I would eat high carb foods for that "calm feeling" or that "narcotic" feeling that they provided. WHen I went lo carb I lost the "medication" and I was forced to start looking at things differently. I have made progress but I have ways to go.

Stress also makes our body produce extra cortisol. This hormone tells our boddy to hold onto fat. This is left over from the cave man days.

Stress is something that we all have and we will never live stress free lives but I can make better choices as how I choose to respond to things and handle it.

I have used exercsie

I have done accupunture

I have decreaseed my coffee.

I try not to take things so seriously

I try to be more realistice and tolerant

I use prayer and meditation

I hope you don't mind that I jumped back in

I want to say hi to all the old regulars that might remember me

ANd tell everyone else that this club was always a great place.

My computer time is limited so I had to make some choices.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:13 PM   #14  

Morning everyone! I just found this place last night and am starting the WW program on Monday and I need all the help I can get LOL.

My husband just left to drop our son off (year and a half) at my parents house because we are having a 'date' night and going to my favorite restaurant before we start because I don't think we'll be going back for awhile!

It's great to meet everyone!
Old 06-01-2002, 02:03 PM   #15  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Well, the weekend is going ok control-wise for me so far... I am sick though, again, finally caught the rotovirus that these kids are passing around, luckily, it doesn't affect me as terribly as it does them, just nausea, general belly discomfort and swelling... my whole body is swollen...it suuuuuuuucccccks...Don't know how much I'll be able to even make it to my minimum cals until this stops, even drinking water is making my stomach churn... oddly enough, last night, when it was at it's worst, I had a awful craving for peppermint ice cream, or a shamrock type shake... funny how the comfort food thing goes to work... I'm sure if I had had some, it would have made me even more sick... for right now, I'm on another comfort food, ginger snaps, trying to get my belly settled a little bit anyways.. would have went for the ginger tea, but looked in the pantry, and I'm all out of ginger root... blah, can tell it's almost time to go shopping....

Anyways, welcome to the two new ladies, and welcome back to 1fralick we're all coming back, it seems
Closed Thread