General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/134.1/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Negative side effects of weight loss

So, I'm new here! Actually I've just been lurking for months now. It's motivating to read about everyone's progress. Anyway, I had a funny negative side effect of weight loss and I thought it would be fun to share.

So, I've lost almost 60 pounds now. (from 196 down to 136) I noticed the other day that my armpit has become so concave that I had been missing a patch of hair while shaving for probably 2 weeks by the looks of things! I'm just glad it's winter, so nobody noticed since I've been wearing long sleeves. (not even my husband!)

Anyone else have a negative side effect of weight loss or funny story?
meagm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #2  

Congrats on your weight loss! Concave armpits would be my last expectation from losing weight!

Just for fun...only shave one for a while and see how long it takes hubby to notice

Last edited by 2annabelle; 02-08-2010 at 11:46 PM.
2annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2annabelle View Post
Just for fun...only shave one for a while and see how long it takes hubby to notice
Oh My! That is hillarious. Thanks for a good laugh.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagm11 View Post
I noticed the other day that my armpit has become so concave that I had been missing a patch of hair while shaving for probably 2 weeks by the looks of things!
Meagm, I'm so glad you posted this, exactly the same thing has happened to me and I thought I was an utter freak. I'm convinced that I must just be doing something wrong, I mean skinny girls don't have strange hair patches in their pits, do they, so there must be another way...
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Another totally concave armpit person here. I believe it's due to the added muscle though and the shape I've taken on due to strength training.

I actually need help shaving in the summer time. In the winter I'm not as picky as no one much sees, but in the summer in a bathing suit... It's impossible to get in there. I need to kind of stretch out my arm pit with one hand and shave with the other. very interesting.

The only other negative side affect is that I'm always cold. I have a huge collection of sweaters. I'm not sure why I even bother to buy pretty blouses because I have to always cover them up. In the summer time, I never, ever leave my house without a sweater, unless I am walking and know I will be no where indoors. But I guess it's lots better than being red faced and sweating all the time!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

None yet! But this should be a fun read.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/135.4/132

Height: 5' 4.5

I am always cold now too. It has made for a miserable winter, and that's saying something considering I'm from Texas! I am always in a jacket or wrapped up in a sweater, even on mild days. I am hoping this is a temporary thing and my internal thermometer gets back to normal soon.
lovingsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #8  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I had a spot I was missing in one of my armpits also.
Glad to know I'm not alone in this affliction

Coldness, too.

And hubby's been asking me if I'm having an affair-????? (no, I'm not, btw)
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

OMG, I was going to ask this question for months now, but never could think of the right word to describe the phenomenon. Yes, the pits are so deep you have to pull the muscle and skin tissue tight to get down in there. I never shave my pits in the shower anymore, I shave at the sink, using my hanging magnifying makeup mirror so I can see what the heck I am doing.

Oh, by the way, I tried using my sons electric razor once, (shhhh, don't tell him or he'd freak out....OUCH, doesn't work at ALL. )
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #10  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Count me in on the concave armpit train! It's even trickier because I can't see that close up without my cheater glasses. I thought I was the only one. I was really cold too but in the last week or so I feel like my body is adjusting more easily to the winter cold. That doesn't mean that I'm not craving some serious heat with humidity though. I cannot wait for Summer to get here!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

haha this is so funny!!! LMAO @ armpits... I have worn the same anklet for years... it used to be pretty tight.... well, as it has gotten much looser, I have noticed that I have been shaving around it for a while! massive affro on the ankle... its like another anklet in itself.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 152/151/118

Height: 5'7

hahahaha! i'm a member of the concave armpit phenomenon as well! so funny to see i'm not the only one. i wonder if all skinny people have this issue or if it is specific to the once-plump, now-shrunken armpit? :P haha
AutumnSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 120

Height: 5'2"

1. I will definitely have to agree with the armpit thing! No matter how much stretching of the skin I do, I can't get to a certain patch of hair. I have resorted to using Nair type products just for those particular spots. Oi!

2. Also, definitely the cold. My roommates keep the apartment at 68 degrees year round, and while this may not sound too terrible, I'M ALWAYS FREEZING! I walk around the apartment in layers and slippers and sometimes with a blanket wrapped around me. My hands are always freezing, and every time they get wet it takes about an hour for them to warm up again (i.e. every time I use the restroom and wash my hands). So basically I'm not allowed to touch people anymore because it's like ice.

3. My BUTT HURTS! I have to always sit on some type of cushion, and sometimes both a cushion AND a pillow. I can't comfortably do long car rides anymore. When I sit on a weight bench at the gym, I leave 2 sharp indents instead of a normal butt-print. I miss my butt. Also, this makes it hard to shop for underwear because it is always all baggy around my butt now.

4. Ok, I don't know if anybody can relate to this at all, but it is very hard for me to find a comfortable position to sleep in at night now. My boobs are all loose skin now, and I sleep on my stomach, so I often have to keep adjusting them because the skin folds over on itself and pinches and makes me uncomfortable. And then there's my hip bones, I have to adjust my pajama bottoms and underwear so that my hips don't overlap with any of the bands, because I will really feel it. I also have to avoid springs if it is not a great mattress, I can feel them on my hips and ribs.

5. I have always been super ticklish, but now that my extra fat padding is gone, it is INSANE how sensitive I am!
peccavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #14  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I need to kind of stretch out my arm pit with one hand and shave with the other. very interesting.
LMAO!! I thought I was the only one that did this! hahaha
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

OMG--same thing happening with MY pits! ARRGH.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote