Old 02-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Supporting Each Other On Our Weight Loss Journey

It's great to be starting a new thread as the old one was getting too long! Join those of us who have been chatting for awhile and we will help you as you will help us.
This is a great thread, I think many of us are really getting someplace with this and it helps that we are encouraging each other!
We have a group of great people who are posting what is going on in their lives and we are working together. Sometimes I feel like our group is kind of like a mini dose of a WW meeting on a daily basis. We're making it work!
C'mon and join us and we'll help each other. We talk about what works and what doesn't work. We share recipes and we applaud and we sympathize!
Linda

derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #2  

I'd like to join if no one minds

I restarted WW three weeks ago. I had 1.5lb losses the first two weeks, but I knew I had not been as strict with myself as I needed to be... Then fell back into some comfort eating for a few days at the end of last week and nearly undid my initial work. I'm back on track again and find I have held the 3lbs loss... Thankfully.... And am going to keep on going!

My main source of anxiety right now (anxiety which easily causes the emotional comfort eating of last week) is financial... Money is the scarcest it's ever been in my life right now. I'm dealing, though, making sacrifices and banning myself from eating out till things get better. However, my fiance (who I'm LDR-ing with, he's in Canada) is always talking about how little money we have, how being poor sucks (btw, I don't consider us poor. We can still pay rent and pay for things like internet at home), how if we had more money we could do x y and z... And it's driving me up the wall. He's so fatalist about it all. Last night I just had to go to bed after talking to him, or else I would have found something to dig into in the kitchen. I just don't know how to handle him and his negativity all the time... I'm generally an optimist and he's most definitely a pessimist... What's that about opposites attracting? Do I need him in my life to temper my boundless optimism? Gah. I just don't think focusing on what we don't have is helpful at all. It just causes stress and concern and anxiety.

Anyway. This issue is the main one right now that makes me desire to consume copious amounts of comfort food (buckets of ice cream...). Thought I'd share, just in case any of you wise ladies have advice on how to deal with someone so stubbornly fixated on the negative that it starts to rub off...

Totally OP day planned today, though It'll be great.
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #3  

Happy Wednesday all!

I had a really, really good eating day yesterday. After dinner I kept thinking that I would have dessert, and before I knew it, it was bedtime! I didn't really want sf pudding, and I didn't want to blow it on other junk, so I guess I was ok without anything.

I just looked at my calendar, and in exactly 4 months from tomorrow, I will be on vacation at the shore. I really need to step my efforts up instead of half-doing it. I am challenging myself to lose at least 8 lbs each month. I really want to be comfortable wearing summer clothes...I'm not even thinking about a bathing suit, I just want to be ok wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt! I don't want to feel self conscious and have it be a dark cloud over my week.

Laura-Thanks for the compliment on my age. LOL...I FEEL old! It doesn't help that I go to school with a bunch of 18 and 19 yr olds! I turn the big 2-7 on Friday. That 30 mark is looming! LOL!

Linda-Congrats on the loss! I know you were worried; I'm glad it turned out ok!

I just feel so excited to start the day. It has already warmed up to 33 degrees...it says it's supposed to be a high of 40, but I bet it will be higher than that. It is sunny, the sky is beautiful blue! I have my cake decorating class this afternoon, so I'm excited for that, and I have a cake "order" for a friend due on Friday! I'm just feeling very positive today!

Hope everyone else has a cheery day!
mpaigew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,
Well, had my WI last night, and I lost 1.5, so I'm happy with that. I just like to see my ticker keep going down. This week, I'm really going to work the core program. Last week I really was pretty lax with my flex points, so I just need to keep better track. Does anyone know if the FF, SF pudding is CORE?

Paige-I'm right there with ya in terms of the sun and the warmer temps, just changes everything!

Have a great day everyone.
EricaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I'm going to copy part of what I posted last night as it is in the other thread - but I do see that Paige saw hers!

Erica - I reported my good weeks and my bad weeks. Everyone here is so supportive for both! I had to get rid of all the chocolate to break the horrible habit. I am always able to have it back in the house after a week or so of not eating it. Chocolate is really a Red Light food for me along with ice cream.

Ann - slow and steady really is the answer and the mantra I need to adopt. One of the big losers highlighted over at WW said you need to find a mantra and keep repeating it over and over and over. Slow and steady may be mine.

DJsmommy (is it Barb?) - yes give us your sister's name and I'll definitely keep her and your family in my prayers. Glad you had such a good weekend. Some small delights to help offset the bad huh?

Haylo - whatever route you choose to do, meetings or at home, just keep coming back for support. People here are great and it's a daily fix when needed.

Emma - you'll have to give us some insight on maybe how the WW program is different in NZ - besides the weight conversions of course. We have a member who attended meetings in Europe this past summer and she has some interesting things to tell at our meetings about differences. It almost sounds like the "try out" the changes on Europe before they bring them here.

britomart - welcome!!!! Emotional eating is a huge obstacle to overcome but you can do it. The first key is to recognize it for what it is and to stop before you do it. I'm right there with you. I eat for all the wrong reasons and being hungry is not always the reason. Good Luck and keep coming here. There's great support here.

Noelle and everyone else, check in - would love to hear from you and how your week is going.

WHOO HOOO - another great day behind me. Right on track and rolling through to my WI day tomorrow. I'm jived and excited. It's been a while since I've felt this way. Hope everyone is getting the warmer weather that we're getting and seeing the beautiful sun
Rosegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #6  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hey guys,

How have you all been. I believe I missed alot since I last posted. It's been awhile for me and I have been so out of control . ALot going on here so I think I can finally get back on plan after tonight's weigh in. I want this off so bad. I have to get a control over my emotional eating because that is what is sabotaging me. My boyfriend went away yesterday for work and I am truely missing him and I want to have total control when he comes home for his turnaround.

Weigh in is tonight so I think I may have to add on maybe 7 pounds to my tracker. I know lot is retaining fluids but I won't let it get me down. I did it to myself so I have to deal with it.

Congrats on the losses I misses, welcome to the newbies, and hey to the regulars......

Take care and talk to you soon,
Kim
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:34 AM   #7  

Erica-Yes, the ff sf pudding is core. I can only find them in the mix, and then just use skim milk. In the cups there are either ff or sf, but not both in one.

Kim-Glad to see you back!
mpaigew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/148/127

Re-started WW today, am already hitting the sugar cravings though, i'm a real sweet tooth, think it'll be harder this time than last time i used WW, hopefully i'll stick to it though.
It's great to hear about how well everyone is doing, keep it up!!! Hope i can be saying the same in a week after i weigh myself
How many different WW schemes are there now Mine's mega old, 123 Success... don't even know if that was what they called it in the states as that's where most of you guys are from...
hannahj295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:01 PM   #9  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all, congratulations on the losses. Paige it is so awesome you sound so upbeat and motivated. How exciting about you cake order for Friday. Enjoy your class this afternoon. I know that is a given you seem very passionate about it. Laura I think I will use that as my mantra too if that is okay with you. I think I stole it from Linda. I recall her using it before and I thought that sounds like me.
Erica way to go on your loss last night. I also can't wait to go on holidays we are going south for March break. It will be nice I am sure.
Barb, I will add your sister, you and your family to my prayers. May I also ask my other friends to pray for your sister?
Hi Hannah and Brit, welcome.
Welcome back Kim, I was worried about you as I had read in a post that your boyfriend would be going away for work. Hopefully the time will go by fast and it won't be too difficult for you. Did you get that huge snow storm?
Linda thanks so much for starting this post and way to go on your weight loss last night.
Hi Ginny and Noelle and Emma.
I hope everyone is doing well.
I am so happy to see sunshine and being able to toboggan today in this nice weather. My butt got wet tobogganing though. I know too much info.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 02-21-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #10  

Jaime, you are welcome to join us, of course! Money issues are really rough. I've been there. Weight Watchers costs money and sometimes I feel like eating healthy costs more as well. Maybe some of us can help brainstorm about ways to save money and eat well. I do know that when times are the hardest, I really read over and circle things on my weekly sales flyers from the grocery store. I clip coupons and try very hard to take advantage of sales. I try to make big batches of things like soups, stews and the like and freeze things sometimes.
What are the best buys right now for produce? I know fresh peppers are through the roof, last week the red ones (which we love, of course) were $4.49 a pound. So, what is a better deal?
Paige, I am glad you are feeling positive. Are you still following CORE? Are you noticing that you are less "out of control" both physically and emotionally?
Erica, yes the SF/FF pudding is CORE if you make it with FF milk, which I do. I really enjoy it, well... let's clarify by saying I really enjoy the chocolate variety.
Speaking of chocolate that was what I gave up for Lent last year, and today is the first day of Lent and I have decided to give up soda. I usually have at least one diet soda per day and I really kind of "live for it". I get sick of water and it's something with a flavor, but I will commit to it. Who knows, maybe it might even help with my weight loss? I gave up salt one year and that was really hard to do. Catholics generally give up something for Lent and I am a Protestant, but one time our pastor suggested it as a way of "recognizing the sacrifice" and giving yourself a reminder of what someone else gave up for me (all of us, or whatever). Since then, I have chosen to do this on my own each year. It's kind of a personal challenge of self control, I think, and sacrifice. So, tonight I go to Ash Wednesday services and from today until Easter, it's no soda for me!
Laura, I like your slow and steady mantra. Mine is "never give up, never surrender". I must say that when I am bone tired that I drag myself along and say that over and over to myself. I literally almost gave up on Monday... not sure what it was, but I was exhausted and just felt like gooey cheese and comfort food. I found myself wondering if I could just give up for a few days and have what I wanted. Luckily, I didn't do anything. I took a nap instead. Do any of you feel overwhelmed and like giving up if you are over-tired?
Welcome Hannah! Schemes? Hmmm.... it's been awhile if the last plan you were on was 1,2, 3 success. I think that was about 6 years ago?
However, the 1,2,3 plan is similar to what they now call FLEX, I think?
CORE is different and there is a list of special foods that you can eat, this is the plan I am on, but you can choose which of these plans suite you and go from week to week on different ones according to what is going on in your life.
Ann, I may have been the one to say "slow and steady wins the race", but I forget! It's true, though. I think about the old fable about the tortoise and the hare, I am definitely the tortoise - but I will not give and I will get there.
I often get "jealous" when I sit in WW meetings and hear people announce proudly their large weight losses of things like 6 pounds, or 7 pounds in a week, or something like that. You all know the type. They show up and they are all excited and "perfect' and then three weeks lately, you don't see them again. Then, maybe a year later they show up again and do the same thing, having put all the weight back on again - and then some. I'm not going to be one of those people. I lose a bit each time. I have a hard time, I fight it sometimes and want my "old life" back with all the bad eating habits. But, then I square my should and "move on".
My phrase, "never give up, never surrender" is something that repeats in my head and I know that I must never give up. I've sat there in WW meetings and heard them talk about having a lifetime plan and a new way of eating that you can stick with the rest of your life. I finally "get it" and I know I can do this. In fact, I just HAVE to do this as there is no going back, unless I want to spend all my spare money and time on doctor's visits for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart problems, cancer, diabetes, etc. No way, not me!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #11  

You guys have really motivated me to come back to WW, this is my plan and I am sticking to it. You guys may have even convinced me to go back to a meeting. I am sure they are sick of me joining and re-joining but oh well. I guess this was another reason why I have been hesitant to go back, I don't want them to think what is wrong with this girl, she can't stick to plan. I counted calories Monday and Tuesday and noticed that although I was sticking to my calorie range I didn't seem to be taking into account fat. I think it will be easier in the long run for me to put the three numbers together into one (calories,fat,fiber) then for me to have to calculate three different totals at the end of the day. Today I calculated points and it just seemed like second nature.

Jaime: I am right there with you on the money thing. I have a good job and get paid well but I am still suffering the consequences of paying off student loans, and credit cards from when I was a student it seems like my pay check comes and goes.

Linda (derrydaughter): good point about putting the money in now vs. later, I guess I hadn't really thought about it that way. I like your motivation to stick with the meetings no matter what. I too need to figure out what to give up for lent funny thing is I thought earlier maybe chocolate, then I thought maybe soda.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Haylo - I lost track of how many times I've joined WW - but I'm probably a whole lot older than you and I remember exchanges. I have NEVER been made to feel bad that I'm rejoining. We have a leader who joined 5 times before she finally "got it" and made goal. You can do it just like anyone else here. It's all a state of mind.

I just had to come here tonight to tell you I got a NSV today. Someone told me they can't believe how thin my face looks and my legs. THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU!!!!! I didn't jump up and down but I surely wanted to. WHOO HOO!!! WI tomorrow
Rosegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #13  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Good Evening ladies,

I weighed in tonight and I am starting fresh tomorrow morning as soon as I get up. I gained of course.....I've been gaining and losing the same pounds for the past three months.

We didn't get the snowstorm here on my side of the island Newlifestyle. St. John's got hit hard but luckly we didn't. We had alot of snow a few weeks ago and I think that was enough. This is night number two that I am alone.....I think I can make it until Duane comes home in 4 weeks. Bedtime is the worse.....I'm not use to sleeping alone and I get cold at night. Oh well lots of bedclothes and flannel PJ's...lol

Anyway better get DS off to bed and finish watching American Idol.

TTYS
Kim
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #14  

Rosegarden: I am glad to know I am not the only one who has started and restarted. Congrats on you NSV.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:31 AM   #15  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning all.
I hope you all have a great day.

Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote